No announcement yet.

Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello again, Mordentral. I'm currently trying to get friends on android. We have two testers, who've loaded the app from store. "Get and Store Friends Info" node always calls "On failure" callback. All google-related subsystems are integrated. Have no idea what's wrong. Could you please help me? Maybe, I have to do some changes in manifest?

Comment

Originally posted by KelbornKad View Post
      Hello again, Mordentral. I'm currently trying to get friends on android. We have two testers, who've loaded the app from store. "Get and Store Friends Info" node always calls "On failure" callback. All google-related subsystems are integrated. Have no idea what's wrong. Could you please help me? Maybe, I have to do some changes in manifest?
      Code:
      IOnlineFriendsPtr FOnlineSubsystemGooglePlay::GetFriendsInterface() const
      {
          return nullptr;
      }
      They don't implement any sort of friends list for google play.

Not all features are implemented in all subsystems (some subsystem bases simply don't support them).

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post
        Not all features are implemented in all subsystems (some subsystem bases simply don't support them).
        Oh well. Thanks, anyway)

Comment

Specifically they could probably tap into the google+ api and use google+ friends for that, but the subsystem made by Epic has no such implementation.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

How much money would it take for you to continue development on steam advanced sessions ? There is clearly a huge market for it. I understand that UWorks exists but your project is much more user friendly it seems. Do you know of any games released on steam that solely use advanced steam sessions ? Thank You for all the work you have already put into it, it's greatly appreciated.

Comment

Work this with Oculus? Listen Server!

Comment

Originally posted by No_Circuit View Post
                How much money would it take for you to continue development on steam advanced sessions ? There is clearly a huge market for it. I understand that UWorks exists but your project is much more user friendly it seems. Do you know of any games released on steam that solely use advanced steam sessions ? Thank You for all the work you have already put into it, it's greatly appreciated.
                Many have been, I don't keep tabs on them like I do for my other plugins though.

As for additional features, what exactly are you talking about? Most of it is already exposed, what isn't is either available elsewhere or is clunky to do with BP.

Its not a money issue, I just don't believe that this project should be required for proper BP subsystem interfacing and it wasn't intended to be the primary solution to it. I have other projects that are far more interesting to me.

The Repo is public and accepts pull requests, and I do add on to it when a feature is requested that seems sensible.

For now, most features are implemented and its stable.
                Originally posted by Mallory85 View Post
                Work this with Oculus? Listen Server!
                Yes, but I doubt they implement the extra flags. And it is up to them to fully flesh out their subsystem.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

Yes, but I doubt they implement the extra flags. And it is up to them to fully flesh out their subsystem.
                  I understand that correctly without big change is not possible?

is there a tutorial for this somewhere?
                  Last edited by JUDGE DREDD VR; 08-01-2018, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Hey so I was wondering when I try to join a session it will not do anything. I have a server browser that can see the server but when I join it nothing happens.
                    https://gyazo.com/4ef7f202dbcc775d5b6efe6d073befa1

Comment

Originally posted by PUGZY View Post
                      Hey so I was wondering when I try to join a session it will not do anything. I have a server browser that can see the server but when I join it nothing happens.
                      https://gyazo.com/4ef7f202dbcc775d5b6efe6d073befa1
                      Check the log / output file for error messages.

It takes a second to join so if you are quitting out right away you need to wait.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I recently had a problem with a public folder, that was missing in this plugin. Does anyone know why? The fodler should be in AdvancedSessions/Source/

Comment

Hello, I have the engine built from source and I put the advanced sessions inside Engine/Plugins but for some reason when I compile I get a few errors when building. Any advice?

Comment

Hey I am having another issue when I join someones game I am not able to do anything I can see them moving but my character was not chosen even though I did the character select any help with this?

Comment

Hey I am having another issue when I join someones game I am not able to do anything I can see them moving but my character was not chosen even though I did the character select any help with this?
                              Try #include "Modules/ModuleManager.h"
                              But more importantly look at the latest version on github

Comment

Sounds like you are dropping pawns in the level and not setting default ones in the game mode?

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X