Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arbopa View Post
    Yeah, I set that per the example blueprint. And in game, in the scorboard screen, it shows the name I pass as the server name. But when you go to find servers, it still uses the auto generated computer name plus random numbers .. hmm.
    Um, in the lobby display menu just pull the name you set from the search results instead of using epics "GetServerName" function. I intentionally don't mess with their server name variable and leave it more open ended.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Makes sense.
      Acclivity Game Studios. Making a BP FPS, Tutorial Series on Blog : On Unreal Wiki : Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

09/03/2015- Updated the 4.9 download, this version fixes the UpdateSession BP Node - 4.8 not updated, will be updated if requested only.
        Mordentral, can you add this fix to the 4.8 version please? I am sticking with 4.8.3 until they iron out a lot of the issues with 4.9 (as it seems many are).
        Acclivity Game Studios. Making a BP FPS, Tutorial Series on Blog : On Unreal Wiki : Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by arbopa View Post
          Mordentral, can you add this fix to the 4.8 version please? I am sticking with 4.8.3 until they iron out a lot of the issues with 4.9 (as it seems many are).
          What issues? I haven't had any problems with 4.9. I'll look into patching it, but pretty sure I'm participating in the game jam this weekend so don't know when I'll have time.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

What issues? I haven't had any problems with 4.9. I'll look into patching it, but pretty sure I'm participating in the game jam this weekend so don't know when I'll have time.
            Check the forums, loads of people are finding bugs in 4.9, things that worked in 4.8.3 that are now broken. Many people are waiting for 4.9 to get updated with loads of fixes.

Comment

I'm stuck on 4.8.3 too because of the bug where the cooker 'forgets' about parent classes

Comment

Updated the 4.8.3 download to fix the update session function. The 4.8 version is still missing some not listed quality of life changes but it shouldn't affect you using it.

I would suggest using the 4.9 version when it is stable for you though.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Updated the 4.8.3 download to fix the update session function. The 4.8 version is still missing some not listed quality of life changes but it shouldn't affect you using it.

Thanks, much appreciated. Just started adding in some of the create session stuff, and am getting failure on create every time, I know it's been a while since I fiddled with sessions, but I thought I had it all in place. I added the :

[OnlineSubsystem]
                  DefaultPlatformService=Null

to the proper ini file. And it is a totally BP project. Oh well, have to run off to work, will look at it later, probably something silly.

Comment

Thankyou very much for updating the 4.8.3 version, it means alot!

Comment

For the MakeArray node, the output when using the 'Make Literal Session Property ...' stuff is an Array of Session Property Key pair structures. I was trying to make a macro to clean up the BP's a bit... I have what is below, but can not seem to find any key pair structure to set for the 'outputs' node so I can connect it. Is it possible?

Click image for larger version

Name:	question.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	191.8 KB
ID:	1087668

Comment

Well no, that appears to have been an over site of mine, that keypair and one other struct were declared with USTRUCT() instead of USTRUCT(BlueprintType) so they are not directly accessible with blueprints.

I have changed them so that they are accessible on the 4.9 version and am uploading it. However the 4.8 won't be updated until tomorrow (I download older versions and delete them after compiling for updates and I'm on the way out of the office).

I needed to re-upload 4.9 anyway for the 4.9.1 hotfix that just came out today.

*Edit* 4.9.1 version Uploaded
                        Last edited by mordentral; 09-15-2015, 03:39 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Nice, thanks, I will be trying 4.9.1 with my project to see how it goes as well, maybe they fixed most of the issues that came out in 4.9.

Comment

4.8.3 Version uploaded

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working like a champ.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	asp01.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	216.2 KB
ID:	1087707

Comment

Working...
                              X