No announcement yet.

Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone! im really fond of working with this plugin, it simplifies code a lot.

But i have an important question about dedicated servers. Am i actually able to create more than one dedicated server on one OS

When i was digging in it, i found that i actually can, but unfortunately i have no clue how implement this in BP code. I mean, how exactly can i tell my dedicated server that i want to create a session for a specific map?

The answer would have been really appreciated, cause regretfully i cannot find any information

Comment

I've downloaded AdvancedSessionsPlugin-4-20.zip on 2018-07-22 and it didn't work. Game build packaging failed due to missing: "OnlineUserInterface.h", "OnlineMessageInterface.h", "OnlinePresenceInterface.h", "UObjectIterator".

To fix just edit "AdvancedSessions\AdvancedSteamSessions\Source\AdvancedSteamSessions\Classes\AdvancedSteamFriendsLibrary.h" and update 9-15 lines.

Code:
      #include "Interfaces/OnlineFriendsInterface.h"
      #include "Interfaces/OnlineUserInterface.h"
      #include "Interfaces/OnlineMessageInterface.h"
      #include "Interfaces/OnlinePresenceInterface.h"
      #include "Engine/GameInstance.h"
      #include "Interfaces/OnlineSessionInterface.h"
      #include "UObject/UObjectIterator.h"

Comment

how do you call an event on a character bp when the character connects / spawns in

Comment

WoofyJalapeno beginplay will occur in the pawn/character as it is respawned by default on joining a new level/session.

Otherwise you can handle OnPostLogin in the gamemode on the server and add a custom event in the playercontroller and call it as run on owning client only, then handle that in the client.

Comment

Thanks guys, you are the most handsome man in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Elitic View Post
              I've downloaded AdvancedSessionsPlugin-4-20.zip on 2018-07-22 and it didn't work. Game build packaging failed due to missing: "OnlineUserInterface.h", "OnlineMessageInterface.h", "OnlinePresenceInterface.h", "UObjectIterator".

To fix just edit "AdvancedSessions\AdvancedSteamSessions\Source\AdvancedSteamSessions\Classes\AdvancedSteamFriendsLibrary.h" and update 9-15 lines.

Code:
              #include "Interfaces/OnlineFriendsInterface.h"
              #include "Interfaces/OnlineUserInterface.h"
              #include "Interfaces/OnlineMessageInterface.h"
              #include "Interfaces/OnlinePresenceInterface.h"
              #include "Engine/GameInstance.h"
              #include "Interfaces/OnlineSessionInterface.h"
              #include "UObject/UObjectIterator.h"
              Yeah I went through and finished the ones that weren't already updated to the new paths a couple of days ago.

I also did upload a new version for that too, guess I missed a file.

Really annoying that include path requirements not only changed in 4.20 but that they are inconsistent across installations. I'll edit that file too if I missed it.

*Edit* Yeah re-compiling the binaries, will upload when it is done.
              Last edited by mordentral; 07-23-2018, 08:22 AM.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
              Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

Yeah I went through and finished the ones that weren't already updated to the new paths a couple of days ago.

I also did upload a new version for that too, guess I missed a file.

Really annoying that include path requirements not only changed in 4.20 but that they are inconsistent across installations. I'll edit that file too if I missed it.
                Looks like it's fine when you include AdvancedSessions as a plugin in the project but not when included as part of the engine build. Somehow the include search paths are different.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent006 View Post
                  Hello everyone! im really fond of working with this plugin, it simplifies code a lot.

But i have an important question about dedicated servers. Am i actually able to create more than one dedicated server on one OS

When i was digging in it, i found that i actually can, but unfortunately i have no clue how implement this in BP code. I mean, how exactly can i tell my dedicated server that i want to create a session for a specific map?

The answer would have been really appreciated, cause regretfully i cannot find any information
                  You need to run on different open ports, other than that the session creation and specifics don't change.

Sessions don't care about maps either.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Update to Editor 4.20.1 ?

Comment

Is it suitable only for steam or I can use it for any platform?

Comment

Originally posted by Mateuus27 View Post
                        Update to Editor 4.20.1 ?
                        4.20 yes, 4.20.1 isn't out yet
                        Originally posted by KelbornKad View Post
                        Is it suitable only for steam or I can use it for any platform?
                        Any platform

General note to people: There are some steam bugs in 4.20 that have been reported to Epic, if you aren't finding lobbies hopefully it will be fixed by 4.20.1

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post
                          Any platform
                          Cool.
                          I am currently trying to get friends of player. Just looping through stored in game instance UniqueNetId+PlayerController and checking with
                          Code:
                          void UAdvancedFriendsLibrary::IsAFriend(APlayerController*, const FBPUniqueNetId, bool&)
                          function. Am I guessing right that inputs PlayerController and UniqueNetId belong to the player that we want to check if he is friend to local player (which is not used by function in input)?
                          Last edited by KelbornKad; 07-24-2018, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KelbornKad View Post
                            Cool.
                            I am currently trying to get friends of player. Just looping through stored in game instance UniqueNetId+PlayerController and checking with void UAdvancedFriendsLibrary::IsAFriend(APlayerController*, const FBPUniqueNetId, bool&)
                            function. Am I guessing right that inputs PlayerController and UniqueNetId belong to the player that we want to check if he is friend to local player (which is not used by function in input)?
                            Playercontroller is local player, UniqueNetID is the person to check if they are a friend.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

4.20.1 please

Comment

Originally posted by DecodeTM View Post
                                4.20.1 please
                                Already up, i'll rename the download though, forgot to do that.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X