Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

If you are packaging in shipping then you have to define your AppID in a txt file in the .exe directory. You can package to development to just run without worrying about that for now until later on.
    My game is on Steam, I followed the "Multiplayer" tutorial by Rama and I did put the ".txt" file with my Steam AppID... With the old versions (like "4.18.3") it was working great but in 4.19.2 it does not work...

Comment

Originally posted by Voyder Rozann View Post

My game is on Steam, I followed the "Multiplayer" tutorial by Rama and I did put the ".txt" file with my Steam AppID... With the old versions (like "4.18.3") it was working great but in 4.19.2 it does not work...
      Its working for others, without a log error or something I can't tell you anything

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by eXi View Post
        Nice! Though i won't use this. Still waiting for Epic to release this for BPs themself. Can't put a project on the Market with a Plugin in it. :/
        Sorry if this is the wrong place -- but I have not been able to find any more information on this. I have plugins in my project, will steam not allow me to publish my application? Or is this user just saying he himself doesn't like using plugins in a published app. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Ethan_Sherr View Post

Sorry if this is the wrong place -- but I have not been able to find any more information on this. I have plugins in my project, will steam not allow me to publish my application? Or is this user just saying he himself doesn't like using plugins in a published app. Thanks
          He was making a marketplace asset, you can't require a third party plugin for your marketplace asset unless it is also on the marketplace AFAIK.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hey, im running into a issue with hosting server/player count. so i want a server where can be only 2 players. if i set both numbers to 2 then there can be 3 players on server, if i set both to 1 then only one can be on the server. what are the numbers i need to set so there can be only 2 players?

edit: there can be also 3 players with the setting in the image.
            edit2: i noticed that if im testing locally if values are 1 and 1 there can be still 3 players. but over steam there can be only 1, it feels weird. i wonder if those values doesnt affect for local testing and what is the right ones for steam..
            Last edited by kalekarri; 07-15-2018, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Hi i try to use it Advanced Sessions Plugin in 4.18 version of the VR Expansion Plugin

But if i click button Host game nothing happens there is no signal from Succsess or Not Sucsess in 4.19 Version work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mallory85 View Post
                Hi i try to use it Advanced Sessions Plugin in 4.18 version of the VR Expansion Plugin

But if i click button Host game nothing happens there is no signal from Succsess or Not Sucsess in 4.19 Version work for me.
                its defaulted to steam in that package, you are going to need it running in the background.

Also last I knew the steam VR home enviroment crashes the steam subsystem if its not ran through the steam client.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

mordentral Hi there, Im still having problems with Advanced Sessions or Spacewars ID.
                  What could I try?

My problem was that Create Advanced Sessions got created fine and I can start the server/hosting but sometimes Find Sessions Advanced can find it and sometimes not. When its impossible to Find the session, I will not be able to find it unless I press Alt F4 the server/hosting and re create the server one more time.

Is it a SpaceWars problem? Is it a Find Sessions problem or a Create Sessions?
                  I swear this problem was not present before the upgrade I did of my project from 4.18.3 to 4.19.2
                  Thnx

Comment

Originally posted by gon. View Post
                    mordentral Hi there, Im still having problems with Advanced Sessions or Spacewars ID.
                    What could I try?

My problem was that Create Advanced Sessions got created fine and I can start the server/hosting but sometimes Find Sessions Advanced can find it and sometimes not. When its impossible to Find the session, I will not be able to find it unless I press Alt F4 the server/hosting and re create the server one more time.

Is it a SpaceWars problem? Is it a Find Sessions problem or a Create Sessions?
                    I swear this problem was not present before the upgrade I did of my project from 4.18.3 to 4.19.2
                    Thnx
                    If you see them ever then no its not a problem with the find or create nodes. I can't really tell you anything because I don't know what is causing you to not be able to see the servers.

If there are no errors logged, and find sessions is returning no values, then steam is just not returning any valid results to you.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Uploaded the pre-packaged 4.20 zip file, locked 4.19 to its own branch and merged 4.20 into master.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Trying to use 4.20 and having an issue with FindAdvancedSessions always returning 0 sessions, using an app specific Steam ID. The same project works fine with 4.19.2. Also tried using findsessions and get the same results. Anyone else seen this?

In addition a few header paths needed patching in the advanced sessions files so all onlinesessioninterfaces*.h needed to be Interfaces/onlinsesssionsinterface*.h. Not sure if this is unique to my build config.

*Edit*
                        I've found the problem which is to do with building unreal from source. It's fine with the prebuilt version. For the moment the workaround is to override the buildid in the defaultengine.ini for the project:

[OnlineSubsystem]
                        DefaultPlatformService=Steam
                        bUseBuildIdOverride=true
                        BuildIdOverride=[somerandomnumber]

Last edited by jimsnomis; 07-23-2018, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jimsnomis View Post
                          Trying to use 4.20 and having an issue with FindAdvancedSessions always returning 0 sessions, using an app specific Steam ID. The same project works fine with 4.19.2. Also tried using findsessions and get the same results. Anyone else seen this?

In addition a few header paths needed patching in the advanced sessions files so all onlinesessioninterfaces*.h needed to be Interfaces/onlinsesssionsinterface*.h. Not sure if this is unique to my build config.
                          I already went through and replaced all of the ones it warned about....there were more, I went through and added the full path to all of them now. UBT plays some weird tricks since it wasn't caring about the rest of them.

As for finding sessions, I did a lot of recent multiplayer testing in 4.20 just fine, I did not test with a specific AppID, however they did make backend changes for Steam Authentication in 4.20.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Thanks for the info, it's a Steam specific thing, you can test with -nosteam and all the multiplayer stuff works fine. Just running with Steam, the server never gets found. Digging a bit to see what's happening.

Comment

Originally posted by jimsnomis View Post
                              Thanks for the info, it's a Steam specific thing, you can test with -nosteam and all the multiplayer stuff works fine. Just running with Steam, the server never gets found. Digging a bit to see what's happening.
                              Is it a dedicated server? If so it is likely checking for user auth now.

*Edit* Actually.....it shouldn't get to the auth phase until join, you should still be receiving session results.
                              Last edited by mordentral; 07-20-2018, 12:01 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hey i downloaded AdvancedSessions for 4.20 but when i want to package it for windows, it tells me it's missing AdvancedSession.precompiled

Do i need to compile it first? If yes, how exactly to do this?

I am using VS2017 if thats matter and i installed c++ game/desktop aswell.

Greetings from Vienna

Comment

Working...
                                X