Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skeeta92 View Post
    Where is the lobbyInvite_T?
    In the steam SDK, you can go look it up.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

How would you use the GetSteamGroups function to setup a Steam Group Server list, and to create a Join Steam Group button similar to some of Valve's Games where you stay logged into the Steam Overlay and can just click Join Group without having to log in to Steam, as it does in a Web Browser?

Comment

I have a suggestion that would make this plugin rock, it needs Attenuation Override as it is in a Sound Cue. So you can make something like Localized Voice Chat in game. Then it would seem more realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by DLROKen View Post
          I have a suggestion that would make this plugin rock, it needs Attenuation Override as it is in a Sound Cue. So you can make something like Localized Voice Chat in game. Then it would seem more realistic.
          Localized voice chat is in with 4.19 as part of the base engine, due to how they had the VoiceEngine coded it was not very easy to localize VOIP prior to 4.19 (have to replaces parts of the subsystems).

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Have someone experienced somekind of laggy character movements replication after adding Advanced Sessions plugin?

Im developing a game based on MSGT product and decided to integrate Adv. Sessions to join the server across Steam. Works fine but I can feel a slightly lag when clients sprint. Someone told me more people experienced the same and fixed or solved that problem. I would need some help with this.
            Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by gon. View Post
              Have someone experienced somekind of laggy character movements replication after adding Advanced Sessions plugin?

Im developing a game based on MSGT product and decided to integrate Adv. Sessions to join the server across Steam. Works fine but I can feel a slightly lag when clients sprint. Someone told me more people experienced the same and fixed or solved that problem. I would need some help with this.
              Thanks.
              The plugin has nothing to do with the engines networking system?

It just gets the clients to connect to the server, the rest of it is handled by the engine.

Any lag you are experiencing is how you are handling the replication, it wouldn't be noticeable in local tests without setting fake delay through the console.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

Localized voice chat is in with 4.19 as part of the base engine, due to how they had the VoiceEngine coded it was not very easy to localize VOIP prior to 4.19 (have to replaces parts of the subsystems).
                has anyone done anything showing how to setup voice chat properly in 4.19 yet?

Comment

Originally posted by DLROKen View Post

has anyone done anything showing how to setup voice chat properly in 4.19 yet?
                  Its not even officially out yet? Regardless you just InitVOIPComponent with the player state of a remote player, and its all good.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hey there, I'm having some problems with your plugin for the last few days, even tho' it was working smoothly before. Could you take a look here, please: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...m-session.html ?

Thanks in advance.

Btw, nice plugin though!

Comment

Did Epic ever comment on the pull request? Any news about its status? It's been up since early 2016, if I recall correctly.

Comment

Hi, I am make a steam-based game using Plugin. When I invite my steam friend, demand goes to him. You can enter SpaceWar when you accept the invitation. However, OnSessionInviteAccepted has not been triggered, so I can not join. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Pre-packaged binaries for 4.19 release are uploaded

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Erdemacr View Post
                            Hi, I am make a steam-based game using Plugin. When I invite my steam friend, demand goes to him. You can enter SpaceWar when you accept the invitation. However, OnSessionInviteAccepted has not been triggered, so I can not join. Thanks in advance.
                            Make sure you are using the correct game instance

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Thanks for the ongoing support mate

Comment

Yeah, thanks alot dude.

Comment

Working...
                                X