Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Number47 View Post
    mordentral Thanks for the great plugin, have you exposed the new VoIP improvements in 4.19 P1 to BluePrint?
    The new voice stuff doesn't actually need any additional BP exposure. While there are a few utility functions that aren't exposed it is nothing major.

    In general spawning a VoipTalker component and registering it with a player state gets you going, the only thing I am considering exposing until/if they do it is the ability to register it with a unique net id instead as that may be useful with the plugin.

    *Edit* Its great stuff and a nice step forward for the engine, I really hope they keep up with updates like this.
    Last edited by mordentral; 01-20-2018, 05:00 PM.


    Consider supporting me on patreon

    My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

    Comment


      Hey, can you add a p2p system on this plugin please.

      Comment


        Originally posted by OAXP View Post
        Hey, can you add a p2p system on this plugin please.

        that's quite an ask..

        first i recommend you understand what the p2p concept really is. this is quoted from a really smart person on here named shadowriver:

        "P2P means that one of clients run a server, register it's IP to some central server (I'm not sure but some online networks supports that i think), server is assign to there online ID instead of be a server on list, some use matchmaking over that. Now problem is connectivity, because as normal server you need forwarded ports from router and lot of people have problem to do so, and here whats P2P is diffrent from normal client-side servers, it's tried to solve that. Clients can work as proxy server and let you proxy from one client that is connected to server to get game state and as well as send info to main server about proxied client, theoretically client can also work as server and server can run as client and server connect to client on order (since server and client in network layer of things it's just who connects to who). In other words P2P is client-side cloud (cloud you have when servers are not logically visible, you just info that there some game instance and and you can connect to it. Client and server deal with it automaticly).

        Biggest problem with P2P, is fact that users have [poor] ISPs to run server (low upload), which means lower quality connections unlike normal dedicated server in some server room with some 100mbit or gbit upload connections, in PC where you don't know on what hardware you run there might be potential issue of performence to run a server and client in same time, and when server start to lag everybody will lag, consoles will have same problem is you don't manage it. Thats why gamers prefer and ask for dedicated server support over P2P. Ofcorse fact that clients runs servers and all you need is some minimum HTTP to manage connections between them makes this solution a lot cheaper then having array of dedicated servers (or else you let users run them, which was most popular method on PC games in past), thats why it's very popular now days"

        here's where i got that quote from - https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...er-multiplayer

        here's another posting about this - https://www.reddit.com/r/unrealengin...2p_networking/

        "Well define supports.

        You have full access to the networking code. If you want you can do it yourself via TCP socket listeners.

        But the engine itself was never designed to work that way and it's unlikely there will be serious support and out of the box functionality in that regard.
        "

        so from the above, you really should consider using dedicated servers if you're doing a big game. default is the functionality that the advanced sessions plugin already provides. you need to think about money and how to make profits. if the users will be lagging due to low upload speeds, the game will have unfavorable reviews in my opinion.

        (steam allows for this dedicated server functionality by the way which is why i recommend you really look at that. really try to think about how you are going to integrate steam with your game with the functionality that has been provided with this plugin. steam was kind enough to pick up my game which i'm very excited about and it's set for release already in early February, and i didn't use a lick of P2P code in my game, but i certainly used this advanced sessions plugin. thank you again for this wonderful plugin by the way .)

        Comment


          First off, apologies if this has been answered before. I'm pretty new to plugins (this is my first time using one) and i was wondering what the rules are when it comes to selling a game containing this plugin. Is it allowed? Somewhere down the line, i would love to be able to sell my game, so i figured i should see if this is allowed before i start using the plugin.

          Thanks.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Hairy Cabbage View Post
            First off, apologies if this has been answered before. I'm pretty new to plugins (this is my first time using one) and i was wondering what the rules are when it comes to selling a game containing this plugin. Is it allowed? Somewhere down the line, i would love to be able to sell my game, so i figured i should see if this is allowed before i start using the plugin.

            Thanks.
            Yes, it is MIT so there is technically no limits to what you can do with it as long as the license is accredited.

            The entire point of MIT is freedom for the creator and users.


            Consider supporting me on patreon

            My Open source tools and plugins
            Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

            Comment


              Sometimes works fine and sometimes when Launch Server button code reaches the Create Advanced Session node, returns no error on failure message but does nothing at all. After testing, when it fails, doesnt load the map which is the next node. Why could be happening that?

              Comment


                Originally posted by gon. View Post
                Sometimes works fine and sometimes when Launch Server button code reaches the Create Advanced Session node, returns no error on failure message but does nothing at all. After testing, when it fails, doesnt load the map which is the next node. Why could be happening that?
                Then it hasn't hit the execution pathway to load the next node yet. You may already have a session running, be sure you have destroyed any previous sessions.


                Consider supporting me on patreon

                My Open source tools and plugins
                Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

                Comment


                  Ok, thnx. I added a Destroy Session node just before the Create Adv Session node. If the problem persists I would post a reply.

                  Comment


                    Is the create lobby call function still in there for 4.18 as I can't seem to find not to call it any way I try :/

                    Comment


                      It's possible to install this plugin in Unreal Engine version 4.17.1 source build?
                      it tells me it's not compatible I have to redo the build, but if I do it he tells me he's compiled incorrectly

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by bombe93 View Post
                        It's possible to install this plugin in Unreal Engine version 4.17.1 source build?
                        it tells me it's not compatible I have to redo the build, but if I do it he tells me he's compiled incorrectly
                        Source builds can't be pre-compiled for, you just need to compile the plugin in visual studio once and it will be good, the compilation during load won't work.


                        Consider supporting me on patreon

                        My Open source tools and plugins
                        Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by TWIISTED_STUDIOS View Post
                          Is the create lobby call function still in there for 4.18 as I can't seem to find not to call it any way I try :/
                          What create lobby function call? Sessions are by default steam lobbies. Think you may be confusing something.


                          Consider supporting me on patreon

                          My Open source tools and plugins
                          Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by mordentral View Post

                            Source builds can't be pre-compiled for, you just need to compile the plugin in visual studio once and it will be good, the compilation during load won't work.
                            Ok thanks,
                            sorry for the little experience, but from visual studio does not let me see this plugin. How can I do?

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by bombe93 View Post

                              Ok thanks,
                              sorry for the little experience, but from visual studio does not let me see this plugin. How can I do?
                              Regenerate project files

                              Or if you installed in the engine directory then move it to project, compile, and move it back, though for that you'll want to compile for all builds you will be using.


                              Consider supporting me on patreon

                              My Open source tools and plugins
                              Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by mordentral View Post

                                Regenerate project files

                                Or if you installed in the engine directory then move it to project, compile, and move it back, though for that you'll want to compile for all builds you will be using.
                                Thanks! Now works!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X