No announcement yet.

Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I already did the friend list: https://i.imgur.com/KUtexb5.png - It already show the game the friends are playing.

I want when a friend is playing my game and I am inside the game too, it would show in what part of the game my friends are. Like in the Dota 2 example, 'Playing Pugna level 23', or something like that.

Comment

I would just like to say thank you for sharing this asset with us, it's no doubt helped a lot of people, myself included, that would otherwise struggle.

Comment

Hello everyone!
        First of all i want to say THANK U! for this AWESOME plugin! It's great!
        But i have a quastion. I want to make some kind of authorisation using the steam API. This plugin contains "UniqueNetId" but it generates new every time. Can i find "id" or something, that will be unique for every steam account and will not change (not like display name or netid)

Comment

'Cancel Find Sessions' looks that is not working, it go direct to 'On Success' without waiting to really cancel the search, causing a lot of problems.

I try to 'Find Session Advanced', than use 'Cancel Find Sessions' to stop the search. I connected the rest of the code in 'On Success' to continue only when the search is proper cancelled, but when I enter in other widget that use 'Find Session Advanced' it connect automatic because it don't proper cancelled the other search.

To understand better: I enter in a matchmaking widget and cancel the search, but when I enter in the Server List that automatic find server, after a while connect to the game that the matchmaking found that was cancel. I added a delay of 5 seconds to proper wait the cancel find and the problem don't happens anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by HeliaXDemoN View Post
            'Cancel Find Sessions' looks that is not working, it go direct to 'On Success' without waiting to really cancel the search, causing a lot of problems.

I try to 'Find Session Advanced', than use 'Cancel Find Sessions' to stop the search. I connected the rest of the code in 'On Success' to continue only when the search is proper cancelled, but when I enter in other widget that use 'Find Session Advanced' it connect automatic because it don't proper cancelled the other search.

To understand better: I enter in a matchmaking widget and cancel the search, but when I enter in the Server List that automatic find server, after a while connect to the game that the matchmaking found that was cancel. I added a delay of 5 seconds to proper wait the cancel find and the problem don't happens anymore.

Did you pass in a player controller to it? It will fail right away if it didn't get a valid player controller.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
            Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

Did you pass in a player controller to it? It will fail right away if it didn't get a valid player controller.
              Yes, It was basically like this: https://i.imgur.com/hMuwJ6H.png

It should only close the widget when it goes to 'On Success' that in my interpretation of the function when the 'Find Session' is complete canceled, but it go enters in 'On Success' without waiting to cancel.

Comment

Yes, It was basically like this: https://i.imgur.com/hMuwJ6H.png

It should only close the widget when it goes to 'On Success' that in my interpretation of the function when the 'Find Session' is complete canceled, but it go enters in 'On Success' without waiting to cancel.
                It wouldn't be even calling OnSuccess at all unless the backend subsystem sent out the OnCancelFindSessionsComplete delegate with bSuccess, there isn't much I can do if the backend is sending the wrong result.

Are you on steam or NULL subsystem? I could see the NULL / lan returning right away

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

It wouldn't be even calling OnSuccess at all unless the backend subsystem sent out the OnCancelFindSessionsComplete delegate with bSuccess, there isn't much I can do if the backend is sending the wrong result.

Are you on steam or NULL subsystem? I could see the NULL / lan returning right away
                  Tried Standalone with Steam open(my friend list working) and PIE, same result here. It go instantly to 'On Sucess'.

Comment

Tried Standalone with Steam open(my friend list working) and PIE, same result here. It go instantly to 'On Sucess'.
                    Steam doesn't work with PIE......

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Steam doesn't work with PIE......
                      But I tried "Standalone with Steam open(my friend list working)"

Comment

But I tried "Standalone with Steam open(my friend list working)"
                        That one will work, but you will have to cancel before it ends and after it starts.

Regardless, I already told you, if it isn't working and is returning right away, there isn't much I can do about that unless I write one specifically for Steam. I try to keep the plugin agnostic and using the subsystem layer.

*Edit* I'll run some tests anyway today

*ReEdit* Ah here is your problem

Code:
                                else
                                {
                                    // Todo ONLINE Master Server Version
                                    Return = ERROR_SUCCESS;
                                    // There is no CANCEL lobby query
                                    // NULLing out the object will prevent the async event from adding the results
                                    CurrentSessionSearch->SearchState = EOnlineAsyncTaskState::Failed;
                                    CurrentSessionSearch = NULL;
                                }
                        They don't implement a steam lobby cancel search because there isn't a cancel function in SteamSDK for lobbies (I verified, there isn't). A new search is supposed to override the old one.

This is a case where one of the subsystem function isn't implemented for a platform.

For LAN however it should work.

There is no server version in place currently so it wouldn't work for dedicated servers either although a cancel function DOES exist for them in the SteamSDK.
                        Last edited by mordentral; 12-22-2017, 11:57 AM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

That one will work, but you will have to cancel before it ends and after it starts.

Regardless, I already told you, if it isn't working and is returning right away, there isn't much I can do about that unless I write one specifically for Steam. I try to keep the plugin agnostic and using the subsystem layer.

*Edit* I'll run some tests anyway today

*ReEdit* Ah here is your problem

Code:
                           else
                          {
                          // Todo ONLINE Master Server Version
                          Return = ERROR_SUCCESS;
                          // There is no CANCEL lobby query
                          // NULLing out the object will prevent the async event from adding the results
                          CurrentSessionSearch->SearchState = EOnlineAsyncTaskState::Failed;
                          CurrentSessionSearch = NULL;
                          }
                          They don't implement a steam lobby cancel search because there isn't a cancel function in SteamSDK for lobbies (I verified, there isn't). A new search is supposed to override the old one.

This is a case where one of the subsystem function isn't implemented for a platform.

For LAN however it should work.

There is no server version in place currently so it wouldn't work for dedicated servers either although a cancel function DOES exist for them in the SteamSDK.
                          Thanks for the answer.

Comment

have somebody use video chat with fps low that video packet loss?

Comment

Added 4.19 P1 packaged binaries

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

mordentral Thanks for the great plugin, have you exposed the new VoIP improvements in 4.19 P1 to BluePrint?

Comment

Working...
                                X