No announcement yet.

Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After call "Update session" from blueprints, "Find sessions" always return 0. Any suggestions ? Run on single PC without steam.
    Last edited by Sad Python; 12-10-2017, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by be LSDeath View Post
      After call "Update session" from blueprints, "Find sessions" always return 0. Any suggestions ? Run on single PC without steam.
      Make sure you pass in the same extra settings array

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

Make sure you pass in the same extra settings array
        Yes, i pass the same extra settings, but it doesn't work

Comment

Yes, i pass the same extra settings, but it doesn't work
          wait on single pc without steam? Are you using lan or through the editor?

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

wait on single pc without steam? Are you using lan or through the editor?
            Run "Launch game" from project icon in project folder and yes, using lan checked

Comment

Run "Launch game" from project icon in project folder and yes, using lan checked
              Sorry, didn't really mean use lan, meant to ask "are you using the NULL subsystem". Also you might want to try with packaging as well as with the default find session node.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Sorry, didn't really mean use lan, meant to ask "are you using the NULL subsystem". Also you might want to try with packaging as well as with the default find session node.
                I'm using config setup from this https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest.../Online/Steam/ i think that it is not NULL subsystem (OnlineSubsystemUtils.IpNetDriver ? by default without steam engine use this subsystem, i suppose). And i'm not package game, i just run 2 instance of my game from Play "Standalone game" and "Launch game" from solution folder(i tried each combination with Standalone game as server, as client, tried run only from "Launch game"). Each attempt led to 0 session after call "Update". With custom Find sessions or with default

Comment

I'm using config setup from this https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest.../Online/Steam/ i think that it is not NULL subsystem (OnlineSubsystemUtils.IpNetDriver ? by default without steam engine use this subsystem, i suppose). And i'm not package game, i just run 2 instance of my game from Play "Standalone game" and "Launch game" from solution folder(i tried each combination with Standalone game as server, as client, tried run only from "Launch game"). Each attempt led to 0 session after call "Update". With custom Find sessions or with default
                  Code:
                  1. [OnlineSubsystem] DefaultPlatformService=Steam
                  2. Now that you've told UE4 that you want your application to use the Steam Online Subsystem, you'll need to configure the OnlineSubsystemSteam module by adding the following settings: [OnlineSubsystemSteam] bEnabled=true SteamDevAppId=480
                  Need to change DefaultPlatformService to NULL and bEnabled for steam to False if you want to test on lan using the null subystem.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Code:
                    1. [OnlineSubsystem] DefaultPlatformService=Steam
                    2. Now that you've told UE4 that you want your application to use the Steam Online Subsystem, you'll need to configure the OnlineSubsystemSteam module by adding the following settings: [OnlineSubsystemSteam] bEnabled=true SteamDevAppId=480
                    Need to change DefaultPlatformService to NULL and bEnabled for steam to False if you want to test on lan using the null subystem.
                    Still doesn't work. And one moment - it work with or without your changes if i dont call Update session function. Also, find session work with lan = false and lan = true, if CreateSession using lan = true, but only until i update it.

Comment

Still doesn't work. And one moment - it work with or without your changes if i dont call Update session function. Also, find session work with lan = false and lan = true, if CreateSession using lan = true, but only until i update it.
                      Can you show me a SS of your UpdateSession call?

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Can you show me a SS of your UpdateSession call?
                        Screenshot ?

Comment

Screenshot ?
                          mmm, well it should be working, the NULL subsystem doesn't actually use all of the parameters, but it shouldn't brick the session.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Thank you so much for this. Really saved me. You are truly selfless for writing this code with no expectation in such a way that you did, even after the unreal integration is taking such a long time.

Strongly considering helping if i sell my game -- maybe you should add an option for people to support on paypal as well maybe (just a thought not definitive)?

If you had not done this code, my life really might be different. The steam integration adds so much value to the game. Thank you. You are helping more people than you know with what you are doing here.

here is a suggestion for your posting, not sure if you want to add this but just a thought:

my game was entirely blueprint based before i had a need to expose the server name variable to set it, so i had to convert it to a c++ project. in doing so, i had a package error unless the code was built at least once in visual studio, so maybe you can add that the code must be built in visual studio or there may be an error even if an empty c++ file is created in the project as you state in step 2 of your setup info for the plugin. (maybe this works for others but for me it only worked after i did a test build in visual studio).

these steps seemed to help in my case: https://allarsblog.com/2015/11/04/co...roject-to-cpp/

after that everything was working great! gosh i love unreal.

I even got push to talk working with your start/stop networked voice functions (did not need to register as you earlier mentioned as well)

p.s. was reading above post maybe you can try to use two machines to test your game with lan disabled? make sure to pass in all pins to update session node? steam is where all the action is right know in multiplayer and lan does not have any marketability so you really should consider switching over to non-lan games.
                            Last edited by rkoshi; 12-21-2017, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Hello! I want to know how to make a Custom Status for Steam. I was making a Friend List System and now a Invite system, but I want to know how the player inviting can know the status of the other player.

For example: In Dota 2 and PUBG you can know if your friend in at the Menus or In-Games even already in a party. Like this: https://i.imgur.com/yQNDg.png

I saw the "Status String" but I don't see how to use it.

Comment

Here are some ideas. Attached pictures for a similar thing I did along with a blueprint and the result. In my case I just have a steam friends list with online / away / offline status for all the steam friends as listed.

Here are pics of my code and output

Blueprint code - https://imgur.com/AumdD34

Friends list output - https://imgur.com/rZu5nbd

You can probably view these videos for more information.

Steam multiplayer friends list - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkLNtS9JMTQ
                                (get the color of in game / online / offline players and all players from your steam friend’s list)

Lobby system - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGl-vAqvHUw
                                (to send invite with the click of a button)

for the friends info, the settings like online / offline / away / status are all related to what is returned from the steam friends list when the get function is called. Since the steam list sets these values based on their own status, i believe there is no way to set a custom advanced in-game state unless you do it separately out of the sessions plugin.

In the case that many users are logged in and playing online on a central server, that server itself will have the status values for all players, and that would have to be set in a centralized way rather than through steam, because there’s again no way for steam to set specifics like that apart from being in a game or being offline. (the only way steam would be able to do this is they had calls to the local game code and did checks for status, and returned that value in their own friends list interface).

As far as the status string output of BPFriendPresenceInfo is concerned, I believe this is what it returns “Added GetSteamFreindGamePlayed today, it returns the AppID and (maybe) the GameName. If retrieving the game name fails it will be an empty string and just the AppID is returned.”
                                So that would only be the game name or app id, but not anything from specific status in the game – again that needs to be set locally in your game or game server.

I am not sure if this is what you want, and forgive me if I am wrong, just giving my ideas.

Comment

Working...
                                X