https://ufile.io/80ocy

i installed the plugin on engine leven

Comment

Originally posted by mohammedqasrawi View Post

===========================================
        this is my log if u can help ill be very thankful

https://ufile.io/80ocy

i installed the plugin on engine leven

You'll need to build the intermediate files for all builds of the plugin if you want to place it in the engine level, otherwise it won't work in there for packaging. I don't pre-build intermediate files because the file size quadruples then.

Also the log file is spammed with a bunch of log debug entries (AnimBP 0.0) that make it pretty hard to look through, its also not a packaging log as far as I can tell.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
        Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I'm glad to hear you'll continue to update the plugin on new engine releases. A lot of plugins seem to be stuck at old engine versions lately. It's understandable you won't be expanding the plugin much further. Personally, I think there are already more features than I thought there would be. Teams that are using your plugin should recruit a good programmer if they need more functionality than your plugin provides. Good luck with the VR plugin.

Metahusk: A 501(c)(3) Creative Development Cooperative
          Projects | Forums | Repositories | Nonprofit | Donate

Comment

Is there a way to get sessions that you wouldn't be able to join (full sessions, or sessions with Allow Join In Progress unchecked) in Find Sessions? I want them to be visible in the server list anyway since I can do my own filtering. Right now they just stop showing up at all.

Comment

Thanks for replying but how to build the intermediate files for all builds of the plugin ?

Another question is there any way to test the packaged game or the stand alone version for two players on same pc ?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by mohammedqasrawi View Post
                Thanks for replying but how to build the intermediate files for all builds of the plugin ?

Another question is there any way to test the packaged game or the stand alone version for two players on same pc ?

Thanks in advance
                In visual studio, batch build and tick every platform that you intend to package for.

If the plugin is in your project directly you typically don't have to do that but the engine one requires full intermediate files.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Shivan Hunter View Post
                  Is there a way to get sessions that you wouldn't be able to join (full sessions, or sessions with Allow Join In Progress unchecked) in Find Sessions? I want them to be visible in the server list anyway since I can do my own filtering. Right now they just stop showing up at all.
                  Not if you are using steam lobbies

GetLobbyList in steam SDK
                  Code:
                  NOTE: This will only return lobbies that are not full, and only lobbies that are k_ELobbyTypePublic or k_ELobbyTypeInvisible, and are set to joinable with SetLobbyJoinable.
                  General P2P hosting in UE4 on steam uses the lobby system, dedicated servers use the gameserver system.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I have hard time finding server is anyone else have same problem ?

Comment

Originally posted by JJGG117
                      With a Dedicated Server running AdvancedSessions...

Do I need the node: OpenLevel(IPAddressHere) in my LevelBP?

Or is it not necessary with AdvancedSessions?
                      If you aren't using sessions you will still need that, if you are using sessions then no.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Demonith View Post
                        I have hard time finding server is anyone else have same problem ?
                        same here no matter which tutorial i follow on the setup for session browsing it continues to fail to find any sessions :/ tested in both PIE and 2 Standalone instances [i know PIE typically doesn't work with mutliplayer stuff but it was worth a short lol]

Comment

Hi guys,
                          To develop I sometimes use my MAC and I have the 4.16.3 version on it.
                          Is it normal that it is not working ? I guess so because of the difference in the versions but I want to be sure it is this and not because it is my MAC.

Plugin 'AdvancedSessions' failed to load because module 'AdvancedSessions' could not be found. Please ensure the plugin is properly installed, otherwise consider disabling the plugin for this project.

Otherwise it is a really nice plugin !
                          Thank you and have a great day !

Comment

Originally posted by JJGG117

I tried saying if concurrent players = max players don't join
                            But the sessionData doesn't update or retrieve the actual server's players from server browser.
                            Yeah, the subsystem needs to be corrected to fill in the current player count or you need to UpdateSession when someone joins to add an ExtraSetting that contains the current player count.

Its not related to the plugin, can just (hackishly) be worked around with it.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I guess I'm a very stupid man, but could someone please tell me where I can find a list of all the extra settings strings?

Comment

Originally posted by WixZ View Post
                                I guess I'm a very stupid man, but could someone please tell me where I can find a list of all the extra settings strings?
                                Its whatever you want to put into them.

These are all user defined tags, which is why I suggest shortening them as much as possible (IE: GameName : GN)

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X