Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by mordentral View Post

    Do you have SteamVR installed and if so is SteamVR Home Beta enabled?

    Because it breaks the steam subsystem in builds that aren't downloaded from steam itself currently.
    Ok, seems like it's my computer that's acting up, other people can use steam fine, sorry to take your time on something I could very well figure out myself, but at least if someone is searching for this problem it's here, thanks!

    Comment


      mordentral Hello, Please I have a question for you.. I ran into an issue.. I run a dedicated server using steam. I have 2 mods with small maps and they work perfectly, I can join throught steam and everything.. The problem comes when I want to load a gamemode with a 20x20km map,.. When I try to do this on a machine (server or PC) with processor with less than 3ghz I get this error.
      [2017.09.03-11.59.07:388][ 2]LogOnline:Warning: Async task 'FOnlineAsyncTaskSteamCreateServer bWasSuccessful: 0' failed in 17.200534 seconds
      So my question is: Please where can I increase the AsyncTaskTimeout? Or how can I fix this?

      Comment


        Originally posted by Control View Post
        mordentral Hello, Please I have a question for you.. I ran into an issue.. I run a dedicated server using steam. I have 2 mods with small maps and they work perfectly, I can join throught steam and everything.. The problem comes when I want to load a gamemode with a 20x20km map,.. When I try to do this on a machine (server or PC) with processor with less than 3ghz I get this error.
        [2017.09.03-11.59.07:388][ 2]LogOnline:Warning: Async task 'FOnlineAsyncTaskSteamCreateServer bWasSuccessful: 0' failed in 17.200534 seconds
        So my question is: Please where can I increase the AsyncTaskTimeout? Or how can I fix this?
        OnlineSessionInterfaceSteam.h

        Code:
        /** Async Task timeout value */
        #define ASYNC_TASK_TIMEOUT 15.0f
        To increase the timeout, or as a workaround, create the server later/earlier.


        Consider supporting me on patreon

        My Open source tools and plugins
        Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

        Comment


          Using the plugin i run into some bugs. When starting gamesession, the clients are not able to load the default pawn set in game mode and instead are spawning a default one. I replaced the "Advanced creating and joinning sessions logic" with standar sessions nodes from ue4 and it fixed the bug.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Alfffffffffff View Post
            Using the plugin i run into some bugs. When starting gamesession, the clients are not able to load the default pawn set in game mode and instead are spawning a default one. I replaced the "Advanced creating and joinning sessions logic" with standar sessions nodes from ue4 and it fixed the bug.
            That doesn't have anything to do with the advanced sessions nodes.....Its likely that you had a bad node path hooked up to them and fixed it when you replaced them.....


            Consider supporting me on patreon

            My Open source tools and plugins
            Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

            Comment


              Originally posted by mordentral View Post

              That doesn't have anything to do with the advanced sessions nodes.....Its likely that you had a bad node path hooked up to them and fixed it when you replaced them.....
              exact same logic, instead of advanced used normal nodes. Bug fixed

              Comment


                Originally posted by Alfffffffffff View Post

                exact same logic, instead of advanced used normal nodes. Bug fixed
                The pawn spawning has nothing to do with the session hosting......


                Consider supporting me on patreon

                My Open source tools and plugins
                Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

                Comment


                  Originally posted by mordentral View Post

                  The pawn spawning has nothing to do with the session hosting......
                  if i put back old logic its bugged again...

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Alfffffffffff View Post

                    if i put back old logic its bugged again...
                    Don't know what to tell you then.


                    Consider supporting me on patreon

                    My Open source tools and plugins
                    Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

                    Comment


                      I'd like to note that the original intent of this plugin was to shore up blueprint support for sessions (mainly steam) until Epic fixed the engine integration for them. Its been over 2 years now with little to no appreciable differences in the core Steam/sessions integration in engine and that leaves this plugin somewhat in limbo.

                      I don't really want to expand the plugin too much as I fully believe that what it does should be part of the engine already and doing so feels like enabling the lax steam/blueprint sessions support in engine. Also most of the major hurdles people run into are locked into the steam subsystem itself and would require basically a re-write of it in order to correct them.


                      I also don't want to drop it because I understand that many users currently rely on it to patch up the missing features and get a game going with blueprints only.

                      I am fully invested in a VR plugin that takes the majority of my free time and feel bad about how I have been keeping this plugin on bugfix mode for this long but feel like that project is the one that I really need to spend my time on.

                      Just thought I would give a heads up, but also mention that the guys working on the UWorks plugin in engine are basically doing the total overhaul approach which is what the engine really needs. And that when they eventually get their subsystem implementation up and running so that it meets the standard workflow for the engine that people should seriously consider the price being worth it.
                      Last edited by mordentral; 09-08-2017, 12:28 PM.


                      Consider supporting me on patreon

                      My Open source tools and plugins
                      Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by mordentral View Post
                        '
                        You've done awesome work with the Advanced Sessions plugin, its been the go-to solution for online issues in UE4 for a long time. <3

                        I wonder if you have a moment to discuss a bit how the function "Get Unique Net ID" works, if you have some knowledge about it. It does get the Steam ID of clients when using steam oss, but how is the ID set in the first place?
                        Is it set by the client and replicated to the server? I've been looking around in the UE4 source but haven't come across anything enlightening yet.
                        ______________________________________________
                        https://www.facebook.com/madhousesoftware
                        Where sanity is a virtue

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by MADHOUSE View Post

                          You've done awesome work with the Advanced Sessions plugin, its been the go-to solution for online issues in UE4 for a long time. <3

                          I wonder if you have a moment to discuss a bit how the function "Get Unique Net ID" works, if you have some knowledge about it. It does get the Steam ID of clients when using steam oss, but how is the ID set in the first place?
                          Is it set by the client and replicated to the server? I've been looking around in the UE4 source but haven't come across anything enlightening yet.
                          All subsystems are based on a base subsystem class which passes around FUniqueNetIds in its various functions. The steam subsystem returns and uses a subclass of it FSteamUniqueNetId which stores a steam ID.

                          The servers playerstate array contains client specific information including their UniqueNetId.

                          Code:
                              /** The id used by the network to uniquely identify a player.
                               * NOTE: the internals of this property should *never* be exposed to the player as it's transient
                               * and opaque in meaning (ie it might mean date/time followed by something else).
                               * It is OK to use and pass around this property, though. */
                              UPROPERTY(replicatedUsing=OnRep_UniqueId)
                              FUniqueNetIdRepl UniqueId;
                          
                          Unique net id is set on server and replicated down to clients.
                          
                          
                          DOREPLIFETIME_CONDITION( APlayerState, UniqueId,    COND_InitialOnly );
                          
                          Replicated condition is "Initial only", so its only sent once and doesn't skip owner (player states on owning player still contain their replicated ID).
                          
                          
                          if (LocalPlayer)
                          {
                              // Send the player unique Id at login
                              UniqueIdRepl = LocalPlayer->GetPreferredUniqueNetId();
                          }
                          
                          FNetControlMessage<NMT_BeaconJoin>::Send(Connection, BeaconType, UniqueIdRepl);
                          
                          Initial uniqueID is sent from the joining player to the server.


                          Consider supporting me on patreon

                          My Open source tools and plugins
                          Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

                          Comment


                            Thank you so much for your reply, it's very helpfull! I hope your work on the VR plug is going well. It will be interesting to check out!
                            /Best Regards

                            ______________________________________________
                            https://www.facebook.com/madhousesoftware
                            Where sanity is a virtue

                            Comment


                              When I try to lauch my packaged project, it crashes and relating to the log it seems to have something to do with the Advanced Sessions plugin.
                              The first error in the log:
                              "Couldn't find file for package /Script/AdvancedSessions requested by async loading code."
                              The log file is in the attachment.

                              Inside the editor (standalone) everything works fine. It's an only blueprint project.
                              I would be very happy if you could look at this, because the crash seems to happen because of the plugin.
                              Attached Files

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by User-1505902409 View Post
                                When I try to lauch my packaged project, it crashes and relating to the log it seems to have something to do with the Advanced Sessions plugin.
                                The first error in the log:
                                "Couldn't find file for package /Script/AdvancedSessions requested by async loading code."
                                The log file is in the attachment.

                                Inside the editor (standalone) everything works fine. It's an only blueprint project.
                                I would be very happy if you could look at this, because the crash seems to happen because of the plugin.

                                Code:
                                Couldn't find file for package /Script/AdvancedSessions requested by async loading code. NameToLoad: /Script/AdvancedSessions
                                Do you have the plugin inside of another folder? /Script/ shouldn't ever be in the pathname of the plugin and considering the name Script is likely a reserved name for packaging it could be screwing things up.



                                Consider supporting me on patreon

                                My Open source tools and plugins
                                Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X