Spline-based mesh generation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whoa awesome!

just wondering, does it support collision?
    Follow me on Twitter!
    Developer of Elium - Prison Escape
    Local Image-Based Lighting for UE4

Comment

Originally posted by Chosker View Post
      whoa awesome!

just wondering, does it support collision?
      Yes, it supports it, but physics ignores these objects and I don't know why But I think, that some settings are turned off, so it should work if correct settings are applied.
      [My FREE stuff] Custom Cameras (Stategy, Orbital) | Sticker Note | ESC Inventory System | Pipe Generation (Spline based) | Procedural spline-based Mesh generation | Homing missile
      [My Market stuff] Advanced Aim Component | Lock/lockpick Component | Blueprint-based Key Remapping System

Comment

This is one of the coolest things I found here.

I did not find option for collision, only in the two splines.

Luny :3
        lunybunny.com
        lunybunny.com

Comment

Originally posted by lunyBunny View Post
          This is one of the coolest things I found here.

I did not find option for collision, only in the two splines.

Luny :3
          I, also, am not getting collisions :c

Comment

Originally posted by dotdog20 View Post
            I, also, am not getting collisions :c
            You guys downloading old version. But I haven't released the new one, with collision, UV's and Smoothing.
            [My FREE stuff] Custom Cameras (Stategy, Orbital) | Sticker Note | ESC Inventory System | Pipe Generation (Spline based) | Procedural spline-based Mesh generation | Homing missile
            [My Market stuff] Advanced Aim Component | Lock/lockpick Component | Blueprint-based Key Remapping System

Comment

this is pretty amazing dude!
              | QuinnVR | Portfolio | Twitter |

Comment

Kia ora

Could this be set to select from say 4 to 6 textures and place them randomly? eg: a bunch of cobble path seamles textures with a slight difference so it made
                a cobble path the to not look all the same, have some with broken cobbles some cobbles missing, grassy, moss and dirt etc, get where I going I hope.
                Last edited by Kiwi-Hawk; 06-15-2015, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Still hoping to see final version. It'll make so much things easier...
                  Check out my works here: Youtube channel. Project: CityBattle | Virtual Earth

Comment

Is it possible to form the initial mesh around a set of vertices? I have a bunch of points in 2D space, and I want to form the mesh perfectly around those points, and then use spline generation to extrude the mesh in creative ways.

Comment

this is absolutely brilliant.
                      we are working on a vr paint app that supports your mesh creator.

is there a chance that you post your current (beta)release?

respect and love,
                      the colorful people

Comment

Lovely work

Comment

Even i am really interested about next beta as there is still no Geometry 2.0
                          tox.chat - Skype alternative, fast C/C++, no bloat.

Comment

This is exactly what I need to get my current project off the ground. Solves a number of issues I was trying to figure out. I downloaded from the first post, but then read through the rest of the thread to see you were working on a second version. I know this thread is really old, but is it possible that you have finished that and released it under another post? Or on the marketplace? Just curious. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ronm6667 View Post
                              This is exactly what I need to get my current project off the ground. Solves a number of issues I was trying to figure out. I downloaded from the first post, but then read through the rest of the thread to see you were working on a second version. I know this thread is really old, but is it possible that you have finished that and released it under another post? Or on the marketplace? Just curious. Thanks!
                              Unfortunately I lost this project and I think won't recover it any time soon. Sorry. Try find information about procedural component. This was made by using it.

Comment

Ack! Sorry to hear that you lost your project and code. That sucks. What your original project showed me was how to extrude a spline-based shape along a spline (since I'm an Unreal and 3D math noob). My plan is to also use that functionality to navigate along the surface of this generated mesh (in UV space such as moving along a grid on the generated surface). I think I can take your existing code and port it to use either the procedural mesh component, or possibly the free Runtime Mesh component on the marketplace. Hopefully I can figure out how to get the normals and UV values correct. Thanks for your existing example. Sorry you weren't able to get V2 out, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X