No announcement yet.

4.8 procedural foliage spawner starter tutorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do you enable the experimental section ??

Comment

Thanks for the quick tutorial, which worked fine.

But for me there are still a few questions.
      In my maps I have some areas with grass material, others with bushes, trees, boulders and so on.
      Is there a way to assign different material layers to different lLandscape grasstypes?

Thank
      Chricken

I remember, that in the making of "the boy with the kite" they told to have done the spawning with such a tool.

Comment

Yeah, I think that's possible. It should be done inside the material when you place a grass node you'll be able to go into the details of that node and select the grass type.
        Current Projects -Cat Interstellar
        Lead Developer - Ionized Games

Comment

Thats, what I've been looking for.
          Thank you

Comment

I really like that tool, but there is an issue and I am not sure, if I am doing a mistake.
            Ich want to have some more different instanced meshes. In the plains there shall be grass. In Parts with Dirt, thre shall be pebbles. In woods, there shall be trees and so on.
            But when I place an additional LandscapeGrassOutput to the material, I get an error, saying "The current material has compilation errors ..."

Do I have to take care for something, that I don't know?

Comment

Awesome was wondering how to do this for a test scene. Simple vids and to the point kudos man
              Demented owner and founder of NeoSpawn Games
              Current Project: Project Yami (place holder title) Next-Gen Fighter using UE4
              FanPage: www.facebook.com/NeoSpawnGames
              Official(under construction): www.neospawngames.net
              Personal FB: http://www.facebook.com/Keiyentai
              LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/Keiyentai

Comment

Originally posted by vinz243 View Post
                Hey, on a tiled landscape I'm getting not enough space error and nothing is is spawned. Any idea why?
                Up the max size of the grid, infact leave everything at stock values. Its a bit confusing how its worded ATM.
                Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

Comment

Working...
                X