No announcement yet.

4.8 procedural foliage spawner starter tutorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, I haven't been able to reproduce it but some of the second screenshot looks like what I got when I converted a project.
    Current Projects -Cat Interstellar
    Lead Developer - Ionized Games

Comment

I've been able to verify what I am seeing is a mac only bug if you are running OS X 10.10.x. So that explains part of it. They have replicated the issue and hope to get it fixed by preview 3. Here's hoping. Have you tried to use this system with non-landscape objects? I have tried but no luck. It would be handy to be able to spawn grass on some static meshes as well...

J^2

Comment

Yes, they naturally do. In fact I can't seem to figure out how to turn that off.

Comment

Very cool. Just a question about the first video. Do those trees have collision when using the procedural foliage spawner?

Comment

Hi Sanford! Thanks for these quick tutorials! Got me up and running fast!
            Question: I may be missing this, but is there no scale for the grass type? I'd like to be able to have a little scale variation.
            Tracey White - Senior Design Visualization Artist / PC Game Enthusiast / Drummer
            My Maze Game development video series
            My Maze Game Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Winterstone View Post
              Very cool. Just a question about the first video. Do those trees have collision when using the procedural foliage spawner?
              Yes, but you have to turn it on inside the foliage type.

Comment

Originally posted by Tearl View Post
                Hi Sanford! Thanks for these quick tutorials! Got me up and running fast!
                Question: I may be missing this, but is there no scale for the grass type? I'd like to be able to have a little scale variation.
                Yeah, I don't think there is. Might be something they plan on adding.

Comment

Hi I can't seem to find the foilage Spawner in Misc. Has it been moved somewhere else?

Comment

Did you enable it in the experimental section of the editor preferences?

Comment

Thanks - if anyone's having trouble dragging their foliage spawner into their level, follow OP's way of creating the spawner from the Miscellaneous menu rather than the blueprint class way shown in the UE foliage vid.

Comment

Is there any way to limit the rotation for the grass output material node?

Comment

I've looked all through the lists and cannot seem to find the Procedural Foliage Spawner.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4MR5KWl.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	184.6 KB
ID:	1079710

Comment

Alaan, Did you enable it in the experimental section of the editor preferences?

Comment

Originally posted by sanford87 View Post
                              Alaan, Did you enable it in the experimental section of the editor preferences?
                              Thanks from us noobs

Comment

Hey, on a tiled landscape I'm getting not enough space error and nothing is is spawned. Any idea why?

Comment

Working...
                                X