Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UE4Duino - Arduino to UE4 plugin Release!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started a topic [PLUGIN] UE4Duino - Arduino to UE4 plugin Release!

UE4Duino - Arduino to UE4 plugin Release!

[6th UPDATE! 4.10 Compatible! 1/25/16]

Updated to UE4 4.10! Click link below to download!

http://www.fusionlabz.com/downloads/UE4Duino_4_10.zip

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[5th UPDATE! 4.9 Compatible! 9/22/15]

Big thanks out to Providence94 for updating the plugin to 4.9!!

Click on his link below to download!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7h...ZnVkhnZGs/view

WINDOWS 10 USERS! Use the link below!

Thanks out to Gidi2go and Skittluier for updating plugin to Windows 10!!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Y...RzVG13dDg/view

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[4th UPDATE! 4.8.2 Compatible! 7/22/15]

Just updated the download link. Plugin now compatible with engine version 4.8.2.

Enjoy!

Just use the download link below!

[3rd UPDATE! SOURCE RELEASED! 6/10/15]

Just updated the download link. Download now includes the source files for the plugin.

Enjoy!

Just use the download link below!

[2nd UPDATE! 5/10/15]

Just updated the plugin again.

There was an issue with the string return of 'Read Serial' having some extra characters (null, return, newline, etc...) so that an string 'equals' node wouldn't work as expected.

It is now fixed and those pesky extra characters removed.

Thanks out to Tesla Dev for finding that bug and letting me know!

Just use the download link below and replace if you have already downloaded.

[UPDATED]
    Just updated the plugin and added a some debugging info. Now you should see info in the Output Log as to if the Thread has started/stopped and Serial Port has opened/closed.

I also added a new Blueprint node that returns true if the Serial Port opened correctly.

Just use the download link below and replace if you have already downloaded.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,

I have been wanting to use my Arduino in conjunction with UE4 for a while now and have finally managed to figure it out.

Here are a couple of vids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhVILt6duXE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzh9wh_SfDs

I made a plugin from it and just wanted to share with whoever might want to use it.

To download, click this link:
    http://www.fusionlabz.com/downloads/UE4Duino_Plugin.zip

To use the plugin just drop the "Plugins" folder from the zip into your main project folder.

Be sure that the plugin is activated in 'Windows->Plugins"
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PluginWindow.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	1149110

I created Blueprint nodes to access the Arduino. You can find them by right clicking in a Blueprint and scrolling down to 'UE4Duino'.

The four nodes are:
    • Open Serial
    • Close Serial
    • Read Serial
    • Write Serial

Here is an example:

Name:	UE4DuinoBlueprint.jpg
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	1149114

*Be sure to use 'Close Serial' at some point in your project before or at 'End Play' node is fired off so that the serial port and thread are closed.

I plan on submitting an example scene soon for the Marketplace that will have some tutorials and examples...

Enjoy and please let me know if you have any issues/questions/comments...thanks!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by grizly32; 01-25-2016, 10:43 AM. Reason: Update

• replied
    saikat005 Your answer is here
    banjak15 Yours is here

Please, stop using this thread for UE4Duino questions.
    I'm maintaining the plugin and trying to help its users in this thread.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by banjak15 View Post
    Hellou i would like to ask you if i can make movement of charakter using arduino in Unreal Enigne with this plugin and if yes can you help with it ?
    I think it can give an idea about the issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhVILt6duXE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzh9wh_SfDs

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hellou i would like to ask you if i can make movement of charakter using arduino in Unreal Enigne with this plugin and if yes can you help with it ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am having this error when i star the unreal project after pasting the UE4duino file to the Plugins "Binaries for the UE4Duino plugin are missing or incompatible with the current engine version."

Any help would be appreciated...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    oppne Yes, it is. Use the Write nodes (Write a Float etc).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    VertSabre First, you're using LineEndToString, which only gives you the string form of the selected line end. Second, since you're using delay and the stream of data is continuous, you end up accumulating a lot of outdated data. Instead of delaying, use local booleans or something to check if you should or not flick the light in that frame. Also, after each read, flush Arduino, so you remove the accumulated data.

To read the number from Arduino, it'll depend wether you're sending it as text or actual number (bytes, int etc). So let's see your Arduino code.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is it possible to output from unreal engine to Arduino?
    I need the camera position, and rotation to be output for a real rigged kamera on a rail.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    jwsargent.me Also, how are you sending the data from Arduino? If it's using printl, forget it. That sends the numbers as characters, with line ends and ReadBytes will read each char of that message as a byte (not 0 and 1). So try using Serial.write(1) (or 0).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    jwsargent.me Why are you using LineEndToString?!?! It's description says "Converts a LineEnd enum value to String." It has nothing to do with reading data from Arduino. You want to use ReadByte, to read the next 0 or 1 from the Arduino. Right after it use FlushPort. Because if you don't and Arduino is sending data faster than Unreal is reading it (once at each frame), Unreal will start to get late in relation to Arduino.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have been trying to get this to work for some time, not having any success. I have my Arduino outputting a stream of 1's and 0's depending on a button state. Using the serial monitor I can see that everything is working properly and that the output is clean and as expected. The issue I am having is getting that data into the blueprint. I want to use the input '1' to change the flicker speed of a light to .2 and I want '0' to reset it to the flicker speed of 1.0. I am not sure exactly how to do this within the Blueprint editor however.

This was an educated guess on how it might work, but I really don't know. If "Selection" on the 'Switch on Int' node is set to 0 or to 1 the result is as expected however apparently I am either not getting the data into the blueprint, I am not handling it properly, or both. One thing to note is this is a constant stream of data, should I base it off of the Event Tick instead? Any thoughts?
    My current Blueprint

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Unreal Robot Project

This is a video game coming to life! Here is my robot built using this plugin. Thanks for making it thread safe - my robot hasn't crashed once! I wrote a custom sketch to handle special bytes 255 and 254. I use these as start packets for bring other bytes over. Everything I programmed is included on the pages in this thread in order to marry Unreal and Arduino together. I also used several other Unreal plugins for voice, etc. Almost all the Unreal programming was done in blueprint. I think Unreal would make an amazing robot OS and this barely scratches the surface of what is possible and what is coming. I hope you enjoy the robot and video! Unreal Engine can do some amazing things!

https://youtu.be/22mtVtIKbFg

Leave a comment:

• replied
    HotFix and new thread

Guys, I made a hotfix for the plugin and started a new thread for it, so people that find it see it's up to date.

[MENTION=484440]Aiduss[/MENTION], show me your Blueprints on the new thread. I've had a similar problem once and it was a Blueprint error. I was trying to read data too soon after opening the port. Also, try flushing the port right after opening it.

[MENTION=788026]JoshHD22[/MENTION] and [MENTION=151232]game_master_jodan[/MENTION], don't disable context sensitive on the function list. It fills it with garbage. The functions for doing anything besides opening the port you access through a Serial instance. One is returned for you when you open the port. Store that in a variable to use it later (like I did here). If you guys don't understand variables, instances and classes concepts very well, I recommend studying the Blueprint tutorials on Youtube and also a bit of Object Oriented Programming.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Could someome explain please on how to close serial port in v2.2? I successfully opened it and printed "open" message. But when I run my scene again, I get "Failed to open port COM3" which I think is caused by com port remains opened. I then need to "uninstall" that port from device manager.
    Here is what I made trying to close it:

Name:	serial.jpg
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	1130212
    I guess I'm missing something...

P.S.
    I figured out:

Name:	serial2.jpg
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	1130229
    Last edited by Desprit; 06-25-2017, 04:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    maybe... First I didnt find al the arduino executable actions but then I disabled cotext sensitive in the blueprint selection menu. Some things are so easely to be overseen... Hope it helps :0) (anyway when I get my usb to relays from ali expres I will open a new thread (I will have my fan with my magic carpet working)).

maybe we can stay in contact http://innerjourneyvr.com/

greetings.
    Last edited by game_master_jodan; 06-20-2017, 03:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X