Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UE4Duino - Arduino to UE4 plugin Release!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HotFix and new thread

Guys, I made a hotfix for the plugin and started a new thread for it, so people that find it see it's up to date.

[MENTION=484440]Aiduss[/MENTION], show me your Blueprints on the new thread. I've had a similar problem once and it was a Blueprint error. I was trying to read data too soon after opening the port. Also, try flushing the port right after opening it.

[MENTION=788026]JoshHD22[/MENTION] and [MENTION=151232]game_master_jodan[/MENTION], don't disable context sensitive on the function list. It fills it with garbage. The functions for doing anything besides opening the port you access through a Serial instance. One is returned for you when you open the port. Store that in a variable to use it later (like I did here). If you guys don't understand variables, instances and classes concepts very well, I recommend studying the Blueprint tutorials on Youtube and also a bit of Object Oriented Programming.
    Freelancer Game Dev Generalist and Unreal Consultant | Portfolio
    Unreal products: Dynamic Picture Frames

Comment

• Unreal Robot Project

This is a video game coming to life! Here is my robot built using this plugin. Thanks for making it thread safe - my robot hasn't crashed once! I wrote a custom sketch to handle special bytes 255 and 254. I use these as start packets for bring other bytes over. Everything I programmed is included on the pages in this thread in order to marry Unreal and Arduino together. I also used several other Unreal plugins for voice, etc. Almost all the Unreal programming was done in blueprint. I think Unreal would make an amazing robot OS and this barely scratches the surface of what is possible and what is coming. I hope you enjoy the robot and video! Unreal Engine can do some amazing things!

https://youtu.be/22mtVtIKbFg
      Indie Dev @http://www.numicus.com - Click to download Mac's Trophy Trout Video Game Demo

Comment

• I have been trying to get this to work for some time, not having any success. I have my Arduino outputting a stream of 1's and 0's depending on a button state. Using the serial monitor I can see that everything is working properly and that the output is clean and as expected. The issue I am having is getting that data into the blueprint. I want to use the input '1' to change the flicker speed of a light to .2 and I want '0' to reset it to the flicker speed of 1.0. I am not sure exactly how to do this within the Blueprint editor however.

This was an educated guess on how it might work, but I really don't know. If "Selection" on the 'Switch on Int' node is set to 0 or to 1 the result is as expected however apparently I am either not getting the data into the blueprint, I am not handling it properly, or both. One thing to note is this is a constant stream of data, should I base it off of the Event Tick instead? Any thoughts?

Comment

• jwsargent.me Why are you using LineEndToString?!?! It's description says "Converts a LineEnd enum value to String." It has nothing to do with reading data from Arduino. You want to use ReadByte, to read the next 0 or 1 from the Arduino. Right after it use FlushPort. Because if you don't and Arduino is sending data faster than Unreal is reading it (once at each frame), Unreal will start to get late in relation to Arduino.

Comment

• jwsargent.me Also, how are you sending the data from Arduino? If it's using printl, forget it. That sends the numbers as characters, with line ends and ReadBytes will read each char of that message as a byte (not 0 and 1). So try using Serial.write(1) (or 0).

Comment

Working...
            X