Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UE4Duino - Arduino to UE4 plugin Release!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UE4Duino Update

Hello,

Thanks for all the great work keeping this Plugin updated, I hope you don't mind, but i have had a go at updating to 4.15, i have it working but would like it if someone else from the community could test to confirm this works
    Its a first time in C++ for me, normally C# but wanted to have a go

https://goo.gl/dCBBaI

Thanks

Comment

so this is basically programming an arduino without coding. or otherwise said programming an arduino via blueprint???

Comment

Hi everyone!
        I decided to get back to my project with UE4 and Arduino, and found some updates here =)

Firstly thanks a lot to [MENTION=30654]RVillani[/MENTION] for the real great job!

My first question is to [MENTION=30654]RVillani[/MENTION]:
        Is it possible to implement in your plugin ability to remove "\r" and "\n" commands and split the whole string to several according to this received commands? Like it is in Arduino IDE Monitor. In version by [MENTION=34167]grizly32[/MENTION] there were no commands like this, only data.

Also I already wrote about recompiling this plugin to different versions of UE4, so just to repeat:
        1. Create new project in UE4.1x
        2. Add new C++ class (None->next)
        3. Save project
        4. Close it
        5. Create folder "Plugins" in the project folder and put here UE4Duino plugin
        6. Open again your project and UE4 will ask you to recompile UE4Duino plugin - you should press YES.
        7. When recompilation will be done, you can close UE and copy UE4Duino from that project to other project. It will work.

Please Note the you have VS2015Community (https://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/) and Windows SDK for your version of Windows(https://developer.microsoft.com/en-u...ds/sdk-archive) to be installed.

Comment

Originally posted by Gameking002 View Post
          so this is basically programming an arduino without coding. or otherwise said programming an arduino via blueprint???
          This plugin allows you to link up an Arduino via Serial to a UE4 project, and send data both ways,
          with a BP set up and Arduino sketch you could press a make a pin go High on Arduino and operate something in BP ? also if you had a button in BP you could control something on your Arduino

Comment

Originally posted by yuliia.sergeeva View Post
            Does anyone have experience with splitting multiple values from Arduino? For example, I have 2 values input - the 1st for forw/backw movement, the 2nd for rotation. I have to make UE read them separately. How I can do that?
            Hi [MENTION=307003]yuliia.sergeeva[/MENTION],
            Found your question without the answer.
            Of course you can, check for Node "Parse Into Array", use any symbol as delimiter and then you will get an array of any number of values you want

Comment

Hi [MENTION=333220]Stupzow[/MENTION]

Hope you can help,

I can write a string from UE4 and have it recognised in the Arduino without problem, but im having difficulty in getting the Arduino to send a string up to UE4 and compare in order to do something

For example, i have a pin2 go high on the Arduino then i want a string "P2HIGH" sent up to UE4 and print a message on screen ?
              i can get the string up to UE4 but how can i determine if the string is correct ?

I have tried to use "String == String" BP node but cant seem to get it working ?

Any help would be greatfull

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by DylanBatt74 View Post
                Hi [MENTION=333220]Stupzow[/MENTION]

Hope you can help,

I can write a string from UE4 and have it recognised in the Arduino without problem, but im having difficulty in getting the Arduino to send a string up to UE4 and compare in order to do something

For example, i have a pin2 go high on the Arduino then i want a string "P2HIGH" sent up to UE4 and print a message on screen ?
                i can get the string up to UE4 but how can i determine if the string is correct ?

I have tried to use "String == String" BP node but cant seem to get it working ?

Any help would be greatfull

Thanks in advance
                Found a solution

Comment

Hey! So, I'm having trouble figuring out where exactly to start. I've been trying to figure out how to use 6 flex sensors and an absolute orientation sensor for control in a game a friend and I am creating. I am extremely new to arduino. Like I only aquired one recently. Do any of you have any advice on where to start or some good tutorials to watch/read?

Comment

Thank you so much!Great work

Comment

Hello guys,

I'm currently working on connecting two Arduino simultaneously. So I installed new version of ue4duino and i have problem with output of Arduino inside Unreal Engine. The serial monitor of arduino shows that everything is ok and my potentiometer works fluently. Inside UE4, values are freezing or working with huge delay, or working for some time and then freezing.

My script is below
                      My blueprint is classic - as posted above.

Thank you in advance

int val2,val3,val4 = 0;

void setup()
                      {
                      Serial.begin(9600); // setup serial
                      }
                      void loop()
                      {
                      val2 = analogRead(A2);
                      val3 = analogRead(A3);
                      val4 = analogRead(A4);
                      Serial.print(val2); Serial.print(',');
                      Serial.print(val3); Serial.print(',');
                      Serial.println(val4);
                      delay(1);
                      }

Comment

UE4DUINO 2.0 problem with string

Hello guys,

I'm currently working on connecting two Arduino simultaneously. So I installed new version of ue4duino and i have problem with output of Arduino inside Unreal Engine. The serial monitor of arduino shows that everything is ok and my potentiometer works fluently. Inside UE4, values are freezing or working with huge delay, or working for some time and then freezing.

My script is below
                        My blueprint is classic - as posted above.

Thank you in advance

int val2,val3,val4 = 0;

void setup()
                        {
                        Serial.begin(9600); // setup serial
                        }
                        void loop()
                        {
                        val2 = analogRead(A2);
                        val3 = analogRead(A3);
                        val4 = analogRead(A4);
                        Serial.print(val2); Serial.print(',');
                        Serial.print(val3); Serial.print(',');
                        Serial.println(val4);
                        delay(1);
                        }

Comment

Hi,

I am having a problem with the plugin. I am using the version that [MENTION=30654]RVillani[/MENTION] posted but on a 4.12 version. The problem I am having is that only the "Open Com Port" node is showing up in Blueprints, rest of them do not. Any idea why?

Thanks in advance!

CC: [MENTION=30654]RVillani[/MENTION]

Comment

Hello everyone,

I am new to Unreal4 Blueprints and I am fighting against it to make a simple blueprint to make my servo move, and I have no idea how to make it work so when I press J the servo moves a little bit and when I press U the servo goes back a little bit. I've put the code inside the arduino and tested it myself on the input window, but I am sure I am doing something wrong somewhere in the blueprints. I've tried looking all over the internet about examples on U4 Blueprints with the Arduino plugin but no luck at all. Could someone help me?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Captura.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	1125043

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Nevermind, it was a problem inside Unreal, silly me and my noobiness on Unreal
                            Last edited by Pyromann; 03-23-2017, 08:24 AM.

Comment

It's very cool.Thanks a lot.
                              And I met a question that UE4.14 is always collapse.Is there any way to solve this problem?

Comment

Hello guys i have a question in the blueprint, how can i insert the block "SET" or what is the name for this block?, thank you .

Comment

Working...
                                X