No announcement yet.

[FREE] Procedural Rope Bridge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, I just saw your message ULLS, I'm on 4.17 now, though I started on 4.16. I'm pretty sure the tangled mess of boards was because objects were getting between the boards. One of the bridges in my screenshot hung too low over the ground. When it sank to the ground it would get inside the rock on the left and instanity would breakout. Often that made it teleport into the bridge next to it, and things got even worse.

I had a similar problem with non-physics objects like pawns moving on the bridge. I don't think I really "fixed" that version of the problem, but I did tweak the physics on my bridges a bit so the pawns couldn't get their capsule inside the bridge as easily, and the problem has basically been solved.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure this is the same problem Cinebeast was having back on page 3 too.
    Last edited by Ecnassianer; 10-22-2017, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Love the blueprint and the bridge in general. I do have one question. How do I get it set up where it does not keep going and going and going? Other words, how do I get it to extend to where I want it at a short distance rather than keep on going even through the landscape? I have attached a screenshot of what it keeps doing. The yellow line is the bridge I am talking about as shown under the landscape.

Comment

Originally posted by tech1187 View Post
        Love the blueprint and the bridge in general. I do have one question. How do I get it set up where it does not keep going and going and going? Other words, how do I get it to extend to where I want it at a short distance rather than keep on going even through the landscape? I have attached a screenshot of what it keeps doing. The yellow line is the bridge I am talking about as shown under the landscape.
        Thanks!! There's a 'MaxDistance' parameter in the details pane you can use to manually cap how far it extends. It should automatically calculate the distance of the gap on its own....I'm not sure why this isn't working for you though. It should be fairly easy to debug this....find where I perform the trace and enable the debug draw....maybe print out what it hits.
        [FREE] Procedural Bridge Blueprint, [FREE] Spline Enabled Ivy BP

Comment

Working...
        X