• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rECOMBINAToR View Post
    Hi! Would you help me? I've got this error, when I start your project:

MachineId:6307CCD1474E20184B0A2588FA0AC9B5
    EpicAccountId:95f52c0771c44d5dbd3b89e629b03174

Unknown exception - code 00000001 (first/second chance not available)

"Fatal error: [File:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++depot+UE4-Releases+4.9\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\GenericPlatform\GenericPlatformMemory.cpp] [Line: 77]
    Ran out of memory al

UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::AssertFailed() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:354]
    UE4Editor_Core!FGenericPlatformMemory::OnOutOfMemory() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\genericplatform\genericplatformmemory.cpp:78]
    UE4Editor_Core!FMallocTBB::Realloc() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\hal\malloctbb.cpp:99]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!TArray<FString,FDefaultAllocator>::Empty() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\public\containers\array.h:1570]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!operator<<() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\public\containers\array.h:1199]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!operator<<() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\packagefilesummary.cpp:220]
    UE4Editor_AssetRegistry!FPackageReader::OpenPackageFile() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\assetregistry\private\packagereader.cpp:37]
    UE4Editor_AssetRegistry!FAssetDataGatherer::ReadAssetFile() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\assetregistry\private\assetdatagatherer.cpp:422]
    UE4Editor_AssetRegistry!FAssetDataGatherer::Run() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\assetregistry\private\assetdatagatherer.cpp:186]
    UE4Editor_Core!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:74]

I can't open it.
    It says you've run out of memory and also says you are using 4.9, are you using the old version of this project? The latest version is a 4.10 project so you'd need to upgrade the engine version if your using it.

The old example map project had some problems but I should have sorted it out for the new one.

What are your machine spec's? how much ram do you have?
    Last edited by ULLS; 02-24-2016, 05:52 AM.
    [FREE] Procedural Bridge Blueprint, [FREE] Spline Enabled Ivy BP

Comment

Tweaking...

Thanks again ULLS! This version is much more stable, but its still a tricky beast to tame for long bridge spans (Distance 10000 or more).
      Getting rid of the supporting ropes helps and turning up damping to 15-20 also helps. Anyone else got info or insights to share?
      Last edited by ClavosTech; 02-24-2016, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by franktech View Post
        Thanks again ULLS! This version is much more stable, but its still a tricky beast to tame for long bridge spans (Distance 10000 or more).
        Getting rid of the supporting ropes helps and turning up damping to 15-20 also helps. Anyone else got info or insights to share?
        I'm happy it's more stable than the previous versions, I must admit I haven't really tried doing massive bridges for a while...I'll give it a try tonight and see what I can achieve.

Comment

Hi Champion, glad you liked the look of my dragon project, noticed the link saying procedural bridge and thought, ah, that could be cool. You see I've now got my procedural landscape to spawn floating rocks, making it more interesting to navigate the skies, was thinking about the idea of adding some procedural bridges between, might be tricky to calculate when they are close enough at run-time without tones of un necessary checks but possible I recon, would definitely look very nice seeing bridges crossing the gaps in the air, especially if they responded to physics as you flew into them! Ill check out your very handy looking blueprints later in the week, lots to do atm though.
          My website: www.jaspercousins.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by The Cheese Dragon View Post
            Hi Champion, glad you liked the look of my dragon project, noticed the link saying procedural bridge and thought, ah, that could be cool. You see I've now got my procedural landscape to spawn floating rocks, making it more interesting to navigate the skies, was thinking about the idea of adding some procedural bridges between, might be tricky to calculate when they are close enough at run-time without tones of un necessary checks but possible I recon, would definitely look very nice seeing bridges crossing the gaps in the air, especially if they responded to physics as you flew into them! Ill check out your very handy looking blueprints later in the week, lots to do atm though.
            Hey, give it a go...it's not all that performant though. One day I'll get round to re-writing this as a plugin.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

looks interesting and thank you for sharing...
                but why rar....????

not gonna install another app just to unzip it :-(
                https://www.casualdistractiongames.com

Comment

Originally posted by ULLS View Post
                  Free Physics Enabled Procedural Bridge Blueprint

DOWNLOAD HERE
                  File size: 470 MB (compressed)

Drop the blueprint into your level and it will perform a trace creating a physics enabled rope bridge between itself and the trace hit.

This is free to use in your projects (commercially or otherwise), no need to credit me either. I only ask that you don't re-sell this as is.

Latest version V0.5
                  Last updated: 22/02/16 @ 21:30 UTC
                  Made using Unreal Engine V4.10.4

To install:
                  Download the compressed (.rar) project and unpack to a location of your choosing. Once unpacked run the .uproject file which contains an example map demonstrating usage.

To use in your own project, simply migrate the blueprint to the project of your choosing. (see documentation for details)

Features:
                  - Automatically creates bridge between any gap or manually set the length
                  - Enable/disable guide ropes and posts
                  - Solid bridges (physics disabled) or rope style bridges (physics enabled)
                  - Set the mass scale of the bridge to make heavy or light variations
                  - Easy mesh and material replacement for infinite variations including cables/ropes
                  - Set the physics damping of the bridge for stability adjustments

Upcoming/Planned features:
                  - Expose post mesh and scale variables
                  - Plank ropes
                  - Additional slat/plank meshes in various styles (sci fi, pirate, grunge, etc..)
                  - Damage and destruction

*Remember to subscribe to this thread if you wish to be notified when an update is available.

Enjoy!

ULLS

[ATTACH=CONFIG]82569[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79975[/ATTACH]
                  This looks really good would it work with 4.13?

Comment

Originally posted by rich0550 View Post
                    This looks really good would it work with 4.13?
                    I expect so although I've not tried it yet. Give it a go and let me know if you run into any issues

Comment

Originally posted by OptimisticMonkey View Post
                      looks interesting and thank you for sharing...
                      but why rar....????

not gonna install another app just to unzip it :-(
                      Sorry..

I'm not sure why I chose .rar over .zip, on Windows it is one less click for me to create a .rar archive than it is to create a .zip one so that is probably why.

How have you survived all this time without being able to unpack a .rar archive?

I'll probably upload a 4.13 version of this and when I do I'll be sure to choose .zip (or upload it to a GIT repo)...

Comment

Thank ULLS -

I eventually caved in and installed an extractor for some other stuff that was using it too....

The reason I hate RAR has nothing to do with RAR itself - just that I got burned by some crappy bloatware RAR extractor back in Windows 7 days that inundated me with ads....and I swore to myself to never install one again.

Anyway... Thanks again for uploading and sharing ;-)
                        https://www.casualdistractiongames.com

Comment

sorry can you give me a link to the newest version i get an error trying to open it

Comment

Originally posted by OptimisticMonkey View Post
                            Thank ULLS -

I eventually caved in and installed an extractor for some other stuff that was using it too....

The reason I hate RAR has nothing to do with RAR itself - just that I got burned by some crappy bloatware RAR extractor back in Windows 7 days that inundated me with ads....and I swore to myself to never install one again.

Anyway... Thanks again for uploading and sharing ;-)
                            Use 7zip or IZArc - they can both do RAR files.
                            Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

small personal project I was trying to recreate a scene from the movie Sourcerer. In Max but now I am thinking of doing it in UE4 am I crazy? This is where a 6 wheel army truck crosses a rope bridge in a storm. Do you think I could use your rig for something like this or just stay in max for it? my scene test https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV60Br0vFRw. The best I could do in max was rig the bridge but it does not react to the vehicle. So thinking maybe could try UE4.
                              Last edited by rich0550; 10-10-2016, 11:28 AM.

Comment

small personal project I was trying to recreate a scene from the movie Sourcerer. In Max but now I am thinking of doing it in UE4 am I crazy? This is where a 6 wheel army truck crosses a rope bridge in a storm. Do you think I could use your rig for something like this or just stay in max for it? my scene test https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV60Br0vFRw
                                or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awwxcNiQbbA this project is 1% done.

Comment

Working...
                                X