Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good

Comment

Wow, you work fast. This is really sweet.
      I'm an artist! Check out my work at https://cinebst.wixsite.com/cinebeastart and hit me up!

You can e-mail me at cinebst@gmail.com.

Comment

I've added the ability to offset the posts Y axis to cater for different width slat/plank meshes, I've also exposed an X axis offset for the end stumps as they get generated at the hit location....this allows them to be moved back slightly to prevent them floating on the edge of a cliff. I have also now added a mass scale parameter so you can set how light/heavy the bridge is. For the ropes, I've so far exposed a parameter to set how tight/loose they are.

I'll probably upload this to the site tomorrow evening after work as I'd like to comment the BP properly so everyone can easily follow what is going on in the blueprint and do a little cleanup. I also wan't to get it all looking nicer too, currently the posts and cables have no materials.
        [FREE] Procedural Bridge Blueprint, [FREE] Spline Enabled Ivy BP

Comment

Okay, I decided to upload it in its current state, it's not too messy and is relatively easy to follow....I'll work on cleaning and comments tomorrow.

Comment

A little update...

Last night I tidied some things up and now got it to auto detect the mesh size which makes it zero hassle when using a custom mesh, with particular meshes this looks like a plausible rope too so I will probably use this method instead of the cable actor for the guide ropes as it can handle collisions.

I've also started working on an in game bridge building system, you place the bridge bp actor in the level and can call a 'build' event (via pop up menu perhaps) which will start building the bridge....the longer the gap is the longer it takes to build the bridge.

I'll try to get this all finished and uploaded on Sunday (I'm going to take a break from computer screens for a couple of days and drink beer instead)
            Last edited by ULLS; 04-17-2015, 05:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ULLS View Post
              (I'm going to take a break from computer screens for a couple of days and drink beer instead)
              Beste idea I heard since a long time... I'm gonna join you!

Meanwhile I patiently wait for your next update. Keep up the good work
              Lets Measure It
              Blueprints to measure distances, area's, circumferences and routes/paths. Check out the marketplace: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...ets-measure-it

Comment

Hey there, if you have a minute, I have an issue. (Sorry.)

I've been playing around with the bridge BP, customizing it in some ways, and I can't seem to switch out the plank mesh without ruining the collision detection. Whenever I switch the mesh to one of my own and I go to move my character onto it, the bridge freaks out, launches my character a million feet into the air and crashes the engine. I've tried fiddling with the Mesh Mass Scale, which appears to dilute the effect, but doesn't fix things. Are there some measurements I should be aware of?

In the meantime, of course, the planks you've provided work just fine, so I'll stick with those.

I hope I'm not biting into your relaxation time.
                I'm an artist! Check out my work at https://cinebst.wixsite.com/cinebeastart and hit me up!

Comment

Looks pretty cool ULLS! Hope to mess with it soon!
                  Favorite Quotes:
                  "History is indeed little more than the register of the crimes, follies and misfortunes of mankind." -Edward Gibbon
                  "Whoever does not miss the Soviet Union has no heart. Whoever wants it back has no brain." -Vladimir Putin
                  "No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair." -General George S. Patton.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinebeast View Post
                    Hey there, if you have a minute, I have an issue. (Sorry.)

I've been playing around with the bridge BP, customizing it in some ways, and I can't seem to switch out the plank mesh without ruining the collision detection. Whenever I switch the mesh to one of my own and I go to move my character onto it, the bridge freaks out, launches my character a million feet into the air and crashes the engine. I've tried fiddling with the Mesh Mass Scale, which appears to dilute the effect, but doesn't fix things. Are there some measurements I should be aware of?

In the meantime, of course, the planks you've provided work just fine, so I'll stick with those.

I hope I'm not biting into your relaxation time.
                    Hi, Glad to hear you are playing with it. The first thing I would check is the actual collision volume on the mesh you are using, make sure it isn't larger than the mesh itself. Also, the physics constraint node has some settings that may help. I have been a bit slack in uploading the updated version which auto detects the size of the mesh based on its collision volume. If I recall, I also fixed another bug in this where disabling the posts didn't actually remove their collision volumes. This might solve the problems you are having....I'll get it uploaded this evening.
                    Last edited by ULLS; 04-28-2015, 03:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 94 View Post
                      Looks pretty cool ULLS! Hope to mess with it soon!
                      Thanks! I'll be uploading a newer version this evening which fixes a few issues so I'd recommend waiting for that.

Comment

Originally posted by ULLS View Post
                        Hi, Glad to hear you are playing with it. The first thing I would check is the actual collision volume on the mesh you are using, make sure it isn't larger than the mesh itself. Also, the physics constraint node has some settings that may help. I have been a bit slack in uploading the updated version which auto detects the size of the mesh based on its collision volume. If I recall, I also fixed another bug in this where disabling the posts didn't actually remove their collision volumes. This might solve the problems you are having....I'll get it uploaded this evening.
                        Hey, that worked! Well, it helped a bunch, at any rate. The bridge is terribly wobbly, but now it doesn't freak out. Thanks! Looking forward to the update this evening.

Comment

Great! I've didn't get a chance to upload it last night, I'll aim to get it done this evening instead.

Comment

Very nice.
                            <--- could use that.
                            Thank you
                            My small game on IndieDB ****** Beams on Twitter ****** Beams on Steam ****** VideoStuff ****** PictureStuff
                            UE brings Math back into my life or i am not sure.

Comment

Hi all, I've uploaded the latest version, this release adds the automatic mesh size detection and fixes a bug or two. I made these changes a couple of weeks ago and haven't had time to test properly so if you do encounter any problems please let me the details and I will fix and upload.

Comment

Originally posted by Luftbauch View Post
                                Very nice.
                                <--- could use that.
                                Thank you
                                You're welcome

Comment

Working...
                                X