Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[FREE] Luos's FREE Modular Caves/Rocks mini Package!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Originally posted by DMKC View Post
    Hi, see how this set works with my Layouter

    video
    This is really awesome DMKC
    Cross-promotion ftw I guess

    /me hugs DMKC.

    Comment


      #47
      great job thx

      Comment


        #48
        Hey, great assets Luos! Thank you! I was wondering could you point me at any tutorials or documentation, or maybe provide some quick tips, that would help me apply your materials to my own custom cave mesh pieces? I haven't done much with materials in UE4 and I don't quite understand how yours work with your meshes like they do. Thanks!

        Comment


          #49
          Originally posted by RatboySan View Post
          Hey, great assets Luos! Thank you! I was wondering could you point me at any tutorials or documentation, or maybe provide some quick tips, that would help me apply your materials to my own custom cave mesh pieces? I haven't done much with materials in UE4 and I don't quite understand how yours work with your meshes like they do. Thanks!
          thanks for your patience, I was afk due to illness.
          Its a bit hard to explain, but to get this material working you'd need red vertex color for any floor related surfaces on your mesh.
          You'd need uv-channel 0 for your lightmap layout.
          Uv channel 1 for regular uv-mapping (no vertex color (not white but black)
          UV channel 2 for hiding seams + green vertex channel.
          that way the right textures show up on the right places.

          Comment


            #50
            Will this be updated or does anyone know how to fix the M_I_Cave_Master?

            Comment


              #51
              Originally posted by Puchuumetal View Post
              Will this be updated or does anyone know how to fix the M_I_Cave_Master?
              Whats wrong with it? it should just work.
              So, please do tell what the error is, and which version of ue4 you are using.

              Comment


                #52
                Originally posted by Luos View Post

                Whats wrong with it? it should just work.
                So, please do tell what the error is, and which version of ue4 you are using.
                using 4.22, theres a bunch of "unspecified function" and broken paths

                https://prnt.sc/p3zb4g
                https://prnt.sc/p3zbla
                https://prnt.sc/p3zbsj

                Comment


                  #53
                  Originally posted by Puchuumetal View Post

                  using 4.22, theres a bunch of "unspecified function" and broken paths

                  https://prnt.sc/p3zb4g
                  https://prnt.sc/p3zbla
                  https://prnt.sc/p3zbsj
                  Hmm, that could happen if you did not place the folder correctly, you should follow the guide on the first page.
                  Have you made sure that you did one of the following:

                  A:
                  Just place the content of the zipfile in its entirety on any drive location and double click the LuosFreeCaves.uproject
                  Now it should also show up on the launcher.

                  B:
                  Copy the "Content" folder into your project folder (you should see a "Content Folder" already.
                  It should not overwrite anything. (DONT do this if you already own the purchasable package, as it already contains these assets)

                  C:
                  Place the content inside the "Content" folder in the "Content" folder of your project.

                  Because not doing so will break the material function location, as well as the texture locations, and the material will not be able to find em.

                  __
                  I just downloaded 4.22 and a fresh version of the free cave pack and it worked fine for me.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X