Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[New Tool] Rama's Instanced Static Mesh Editor Feature (pull request)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Can you update this for 2.19?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Victory Instanced Static Mesh Editor 4.13

Dear Community,

By popular request I've finally restored the Victory ISM Editor functionality in my vertex snap plugin!

I provide you here with an entire project that you can use to understand the setup:

https://www.mediafire.com/?21nsv6zrlxdp35f

Basically my Victory ISM editor has to use a C++ based instanced static mesh actor in order to work correctly, as BP-added ISM components dont survive serialization for some reason, but my C++ class does, which is called VictoryISM.

The VictoryISM class is set in project settings -> Victory Ed Engine

Select a bunch of static mesh actors, and press I in order to merge them, press SHIFT + I to separate them again for editing.

My merging process works with undo/redo feature of UE4

Rama

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Rollocasual View Post
    Rama should be hired from Epic , is really awesome to do easier our lives. I dont understand why these features arent in unreal engine
    Hee hee!

Lovely to hear from you [MENTION=41413]Rollocasual[/MENTION]

Rama

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Rama should be hired from Epic , is really awesome to do easier our lives. I dont understand why these features arent in unreal engine

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Super excited to get this working my project. Could I have a more detailed rundown on how to get it working in a custom engine (we are working w/ Wwise)?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How to make this work on a Mac? I keep getting an error that the plugin library is not installed correctly and i must consider disabling it for project. Also i want to use it on mobile. Will it work?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    can i use this plugin for mobile?????????

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cool I want this! BTW fi your "GitHub Support" link in first post

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Even with edge snap I don't think it would suffice after working things out this evening in 3ds Max, the only way of exact snap is to match the rotation values 1st, unless I'm mistaken

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yea, something like "Edge" snap would be great!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes - Well done Tads - All working.

Great for square based meshes but something like angled mesh what isn't perfectly square seems like it will only snap 1 vertex at a time, would be great for it to align the rest of the vertex's up, I'll have a play unless i have missed something.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    dont worry about it, i re-compiled for ue4.10 and all working now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i am getting the same error as PerfsPC. If someone could help

Kev

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Holy ****. Rama single handedly improves the Engine by himself and gives me a solution to what I've been looking for the past 12 months !!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Rama,

I have been trying for a few hours with different versions and also going back to 4.92 just incase it cannot seem to get the VictoryEdEngine (Vertex Snap) working with my 4.10 - I am sure I have downloaded the correct files and placed them in the correctly (created) Plugins folder inside my project folder but when I load my project at around 73%

I get the error
    : Click image for larger version

Name:	Error.PNG
Views:	2
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	1094070

So... I do not even get to the stage of adding the adding of the below to my DefaultEngine.ini file

[/Script/Engine.Engine]
    UnrealEdEngine=/Script/VictoryEdEngine.VictoryEdEngine

A pic of my folder structure also :
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Folders.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	1094071

Click image for larger version

Name:	plugin.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	5.6 KB
ID:	1094072

When I tried your other plugin, it worked fine and appeared in the plugins list, I tried this purely to see if it was me .

Any help appreciated as I've followed the Wiki and trauled through the forums for any other advice and thought it best if I post this here.

Many Thanks in advance

Leave a comment:

Working...
X