Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[New Tool] Rama's Instanced Static Mesh Editor Feature (pull request)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incredible plugin. I've just downloaded. Thanks very much.
    http://realityartsstudio.com

Comment

Rama, any reason your pull request was closed?
      --
      Joshua
      Multimedia Artist, Druid Gameworks
      www.joshuaezzell.com
      www.druidgameworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by joshezzell View Post
        Rama, any reason your pull request was closed?
        If possible, I'd like to know more about the pull request status as well.

Comment

i would like to know too reasons. It would be very useful for massive fps boost and even better is it can be reversed.
          tox.chat - Skype alternative, fast C/C++, no bloat.

Comment

Check his comment on his github pull request from the 25th march:
            "EverNewJoy commented on 25 Mar
            Great to hear from you both!

I'm still waiting to hear from Epic

Have fun today!

Rama"

Sounds like its still active...

Comment

So whatever happened to this? Was the pull request denied? Ignored? Forgotten? I haven't had a chance to study the code, but it seems like a useful feature to have at hand.

Comment

New Github Thread

Sorry, the new github thread is here!

https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/917

Rama
                UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

♥ Rama

Comment

Plugin Version Updated!

I just updated the plugin version of my Instanced Static Mesh Editor!

Rama's Instanced Static Mesh Editor

A while back I added an Instanced Static Mesh Editor feature to my Vertex Snap Editor Plugin, which is now a separate plugin from this Victory BP Library:

Victory Ed Engine ~ Vertex Snapping and Instanced Static Mesh Editor
                  https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Rama%2..._experience.21

There was a bug in my setup that prevented the Instanced Static Meshes from working in a packaged game, and I've now fixed that bug!

So now my Victory ISM Editor is fully operational for your level-making needs!

You can now easily manipulate Instanced Static Mesh instances in the level viewport in world space!

And it works in a packaged game!

New Video I Filmed Today!

Original Video Introducing the Concept of Instanced Static Mesh

~~~

Super-Efficient Way to Render 1000s of Meshes!

In this video you can see my frame rate go from 9 fps with 1500 static mesh actors in the scene, back to over 100 fps, with the simple press of a key! And all the geometry in the level is preserved!

You can now easily create a super efficient instanced static mesh from a selection of regular static meshes, and also undo the process to make individual edits!

I explain everything in the video!

~~~

Installation Instructions

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Rama%2...n#Installation

~~~

Enjoy!

Rama
                  UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

♥ Rama

Comment

Will it work for static meshes that are inside blueprints but not the root component of it?
                    And they also have 6 materials each ( all materials are instance of the same material but with different properties ( Texture, brightness etc... ) ).
                    Check out my game OldSchool Nightmare : http://www.indiedb.com/games/oldschool-nightmare

Comment

Which versions of unreal does it work with?

Comment

Hi Rama,

I have been trying for a few hours with different versions and also going back to 4.92 just incase it cannot seem to get the VictoryEdEngine (Vertex Snap) working with my 4.10 - I am sure I have downloaded the correct files and placed them in the correctly (created) Plugins folder inside my project folder but when I load my project at around 73%

I get the error
                        : Click image for larger version

Name:	Error.PNG
Views:	2
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	1094070

So... I do not even get to the stage of adding the adding of the below to my DefaultEngine.ini file

[/Script/Engine.Engine]
                        UnrealEdEngine=/Script/VictoryEdEngine.VictoryEdEngine

A pic of my folder structure also :
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Folders.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	1094071

Click image for larger version

Name:	plugin.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	5.6 KB
ID:	1094072

When I tried your other plugin, it worked fine and appeared in the plugins list, I tried this purely to see if it was me .

Any help appreciated as I've followed the Wiki and trauled through the forums for any other advice and thought it best if I post this here.

Many Thanks in advance
                        Cecil B

Comment

Holy ****. Rama single handedly improves the Engine by himself and gives me a solution to what I've been looking for the past 12 months !!!
                          Twitter - EyeOfScar

Comment

i am getting the same error as PerfsPC. If someone could help

Kev

Comment

dont worry about it, i re-compiled for ue4.10 and all working now.

Comment

Yes - Well done Tads - All working.

Great for square based meshes but something like angled mesh what isn't perfectly square seems like it will only snap 1 vertex at a time, would be great for it to align the rest of the vertex's up, I'll have a play unless i have missed something.
                                Cecil B

Comment

Working...
                                X