No announcement yet.

[Tool] UDK T3D to Unreal 4 T3D Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@DarkSynopsis on Twitter made me aware that there is an introduced bug in v1.2, only the first static mesh will have it's rotation converted over. This isn't a problem in v1.1, or here in v2.0

Although I don't know how useful it will be to anyone now, I am releasing v2.0 now for free. Not really any money to be made off it, and the Unreal Marketplace I don't think will ever support external programs like this one, and I don't have the experience to re-create the tool in UE4 naively.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...4Tool_v2.0.zip

v2.0 Fixes the introduced bug, plus adds Lightmap UV support to static meshes, and converts a whole range of actors including:
    Lights, Cameras, Decals, Kactors, Skeletal Mesh actors, Interp Actors, Particles, Audio and Exponential height fog.

And now supports Dynamic linking of assets in UE4: If the UE4 content folder is provided, ported over assets only need to have the same name as they did in UDK, but can be located anywhere in the project's directories. If an asset with the same name is found it will use it. If no asset with the name is found, or no UE4 content folder is provided the asset path will simply be converted from

Originally posted by Tuxmask75 View Post
    Hey guys , I'm looking to just convert over everything within a .upk over to Unreal 4's format including the upk's internal folder structure. is it possible with any of these tools ?
    My tool only converts T3D script, not binary assets.

Comment

aww man ! well thx for the reply !

Comment

Hey so I was able to convert everything from UDK to UE4 except SoundCues And ParticleSystems...I was wondering if there is a way to get those moved over like how Speedy37 was able to convert Materials?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by bahamut8591 View Post
          Hey so I was able to convert everything from UDK to UE4 except SoundCues And ParticleSystems...I was wondering if there is a way to get those moved over like how Speedy37 was able to convert Materials?

Thanks in advance
          How did you manage to do that ?! You transferred models, materials and textures over to Unreal 4 from UDK??

Comment

Finally got all my assets into Unreal 4.10.4 and I tried to run the tool for the first time and I get an error, my guess is that it don't work with the version of Unreal 4 that I'm in.

Here is the error log:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
            just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
            System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
            Parameter name: index
            at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
            at UDKtoUE4Tool.Form1.ConvertVC(List`1 list, List`1 list2, Int32 i)
            at UDKtoUE4Tool.Form1.button3_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
            at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
            at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
            at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
            at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
            at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
            at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
            at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
            at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
            at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
            at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
            mscorlib
            Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
            Win32 Version: 4.6.1073.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
            CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
            ----------------------------------------
            UDKtoUE4Tool
            Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
            Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
            CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Andrew/Desktop/UDKtoUE4Tool.exe
            System.Windows.Forms
            Win32 Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2
            CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
            System
            CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
            System.Drawing
            Win32 Version: 4.6.1068.2 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
            CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
            System.Configuration
            CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
            System.Core
            CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
            System.Xml
            Win32 Version: 4.6.1064.2 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
            CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
            To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
            application or computer (machine.config) must have the
            jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
            The application must also be compiled with debugging
            enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
            <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
            </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
            will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
            rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Comment

Ok so I got the editor to work , it seems that I did not run as Admin ! OMG.
              Also Any way to get an update so the tool also keeps layers?
              and there is also an issue with crashing Unreal 4.11 when the CustomProperties line is present.
              I deleted the line and no crash happens.

I'd actually like to get ahold of the source for this tool so that I can make a few changes of my own.
              Last edited by Tuxmask75; 04-02-2016, 06:03 PM.

Comment

It does not work for me

Comment

Thanks for making this tool! I've been on the fence about moving to UE4 for a while and this tool helps me test and prototype quickly.

The tool didn't work for me at first though, I kept getting an "Index error". After some trials going back and forth it looks like the issue was caused by the line: LODData(0)=(ShadowVertexBuffers=(ShadowMap1D'ShadowMap1D_4')) in my script copied from UDK. I was able to delete this line and the tool converted the script without any problem. It appears to have something to do with pre-built lighting, the fix is to select the objects you want copied in UDK, and then move them in the editor slightly to blast away pre-built lighting information, THEN copy them and use the conversion tool. After figuring that out, everything seems to work fine.

Comment

Hi Matt.
                    Can you share source code of your tool? Thanks

Comment

Hi,
                      I keep getting an actor not found dialog box whenever i try to convert a T3D File, Can anyone guide me further?
                      I exported a static mesh from UE3 and imported it into UE4 as a .OBJ file,
                      I have the source of the game in UE3.

Comment

Fixed the broken dropbox link to v2.0 in the first post. Here it is again.
                        https://www.dropbox.com/s/w5e5phsldi..._v2.0.zip?dl=0

Also new link to the documentation
                        https://www.dropbox.com/s/h1f0vzntgo...ation.pdf?dl=0

Anyone who still wants the source code, just send me an email/pm

For those having issues with errors, please share the T3D from UDK you are trying to convert. And I'll look into it.
                        Last edited by Matt3D; 07-16-2017, 12:19 PM.

Comment

@Matt3D

thank you for the great tool but i have issue with my skeleton assest i can't export it maybe i doing something wrong

Comment

Unfortunately this tool seems to not work anymore, it throws an unhandled exeption Drawscale Failed to Parse while trying to convert a simple static mesh :

Code:
                            Begin Map
                               Begin Level
                                  Begin Actor Class=StaticMeshActor Name=StaticMeshActor_70 Archetype=StaticMeshActor'Engine.Default__StaticMeshActor'
                                     Begin Object Class=StaticMeshComponent Name=StaticMeshComponent0 ObjName=StaticMeshComponent_24 Archetype=StaticMeshComponent'Engine.Default__StaticMeshActor:StaticMeshComponent0'
                                        Begin Object Class=ShadowMap2D Name=ShadowMap2D_112
                                           Texture=ShadowMapTexture2D'ShadowMapTexture2D_8'
                                           CoordinateScale=(X=0.117188,Y=0.234375)
                                           CoordinateBias=(X=0.503906,Y=0.507813)
                                           LightGuid=(A=328481386,B=1141678180,C=1816480420,D=-1963842740)
                                           bIsShadowFactorTexture=False
                                           Name="ShadowMap2D_112"
                                           ObjectArchetype=ShadowMap2D'Engine.Default__ShadowMap2D'
                                        End Object
                                        Begin Object Class=ShadowMap2D Name=ShadowMap2D_27
                                           CoordinateScale=(X=0.492188,Y=0.984375)
                                           CoordinateBias=(X=0.003906,Y=0.007813)
                                           Name="ShadowMap2D_27"
                                        End Object
                                        Begin Object Class=ShadowMap2D Name=ShadowMap2D_78
                                           CoordinateScale=(X=0.242188,Y=0.484375)
                                           CoordinateBias=(X=0.753906,Y=0.007813)
                                           Name="ShadowMap2D_78"
                                        End Object
                                        StaticMesh=StaticMesh'wasteland.cars.car1'
                                        LODData(0)=(ShadowMaps=(ShadowMap2D'ShadowMap2D_27'))
                                        LODData(1)=(ShadowMaps=(ShadowMap2D'ShadowMap2D_78'))
                                        LODData(2)=(ShadowMaps=(ShadowMap2D'ShadowMap2D_112'))
                                        VertexPositionVersionNumber=1
                                        Materials(0)=Material'wasteland.cars.car_orange_material'
                                        ReplacementPrimitive=None
                                        MaxDrawDistance=30000.000000
                                        CachedMaxDrawDistance=30000.000000
                                        PreviewEnvironmentShadowing=146
                                        bAllowApproximateOcclusion=True
                                        bForceDirectLightMap=True
                                        bUsePrecomputedShadows=True
                                        VisibilityId=160
                                        LightingChannels=(bInitialized=True,Static=True)
                                        Name="StaticMeshComponent_24"
                                        ObjectArchetype=StaticMeshComponent'Engine.Default__StaticMeshActor:StaticMeshComponent0'
                                        CustomProperties 
                                        CustomProperties 
                                        CustomProperties 
                                     End Object
                                     StaticMeshComponent=StaticMeshComponent'StaticMeshComponent_24'
                                     Components(0)=StaticMeshComponent'StaticMeshComponent_24'
                                     Location=(X=-204.225616,Y=7164.647949,Z=2397.894531)
                                     Rotation=(Pitch=72,Yaw=-15064,Roll=-136)
                                     DrawScale=1.100000
                                     bPathColliding=True
                                     Tag="StaticMeshActor"
                                     CollisionComponent=StaticMeshComponent'StaticMeshComponent_24'
                                     Name="StaticMeshActor_70"
                                     ObjectArchetype=StaticMeshActor'Engine.Default__StaticMeshActor'
                                  End Actor
                               End Level
                            Begin Surface
                            End Surface
                            End Map

Comment

Working...
                            X