[RELEASED] Flathead = UE4 + Javascript

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeadClot View Post
    So it is going to be a paid for plugin or will it be open source?

I just shot you a invite on Skype.
    It will likely be a paid for plugin.
    About Me | JavaScript and UE4 | Exodus | Code Notes

Comment

Well if ya do around how much you gonna be charging?

Comment

Originally posted by Psychia View Post
        Well if ya do around how much you gonna be charging?
        I am not sure just yet. Depends on my time invested.
        I talked with a couple of people and think that ~ $5 USD may be a good price point, but it depends on a number of factors.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob_Gneu View Post
          I am not sure just yet. Depends on my time invested.
          I talked with a couple of people and think that ~ $5 USD may be a good price point, but it depends on a number of factors.
          Hey bob

You should charge at least 10 to 15 for this awesome plugin allot of work is going into it. Do not settle for less

Comment

Originally posted by HeadClot View Post
            Hey bob

You should charge at least 10 to 15 for this awesome plugin allot of work is going into it. Do not settle for less
            Yeah I think $5 is quite unfair unless implementing this plugin was close to trivial. I would imagine paying much higher for something which achieves this.

Comment

Originally posted by darkZ View Post
              Yeah I think $5 is quite unfair unless implementing this plugin was close to trivial. I would imagine paying much higher for something which achieves this.
              I will do my best to keep the price point reasonable. I completely understand your positions though. I have not nailed down any of the marketplace details just yet, I will let you know though. =)

In other news, my apologies for not having an update to you guys sooner. I think the next update will be the one that will make you all realize the potential for this plugin. Its really quite amazing how much flexibility is provided by something as simple as integrating a language like JS. I may need to include source access as well, maybe ill do like Epic has and provide you all with the ability to see the guts of the plugin so you can do what you need. It may be better turned into a module and not used as a plugin. All discussions that we can have going forward.

Soon! An update will be in your hands soon!

Comment

Really looking forward to this next update!

Also what IDE/Dev tools would you recommend using? I know we can use Chrome and Firefox as they have integrated development tools. But those tools are for the web mainly.

Thanks for your time,

HeadClot

Comment

I don't think there is an IDE that you really would need. I prefer sublime text over most any other editor for JS work, but thats really just my preference because I dont like NP++ and i need something thats cross platform.

http://code.tutsplus.com/articles/pe...rse--net-27293

You can always edit your code in MSVS, but the debugger is not a supported feature atm so its only serving the role of text editor. I am trying to follow the JS standard from mozilla's website to help make sure that the environment isn't too intensely different, but as time goes on that may change. This weekend both Exodus and V8 are on my plate so hopefully ill be able to push a new build out the door for both!

=)

Comment

I don't think there is an IDE that you really would need. I prefer sublime text over most any other editor for JS work, but thats really just my preference because I dont like NP++ and i need something thats cross platform.

http://code.tutsplus.com/articles/pe...rse--net-27293

You can always edit your code in MSVS, but the debugger is not a supported feature atm so its only serving the role of text editor. I am trying to follow the JS standard from mozilla's website to help make sure that the environment isn't too intensely different, but as time goes on that may change. This weekend both Exodus and V8 are on my plate so hopefully ill be able to push a new build out the door for both!

=)
                    hey bob! thanks for great work, I do a bunch of web work in node and such.

Do you have any examples of something of how you are integrating some basic stuff?
                    Twitter - @TheKRushin

Feel free to ask questions and come learn to be an #UnrealDev

How to report a Bug

Comment

I will be including a sample project with the next release that will walk through exposing classes, interacting across the boundary and how to leverage some basic JS closures to help organizing code.
                      The eventing system will likely also be featured.

Comment

I will do my best to keep the price point reasonable. I completely understand your positions though. I have not nailed down any of the marketplace details just yet, I will let you know though. =)

In other news, my apologies for not having an update to you guys sooner. I think the next update will be the one that will make you all realize the potential for this plugin. Its really quite amazing how much flexibility is provided by something as simple as integrating a language like JS. I may need to include source access as well, maybe ill do like Epic has and provide you all with the ability to see the guts of the plugin so you can do what you need. It may be better turned into a module and not used as a plugin. All discussions that we can have going forward.

Soon! An update will be in your hands soon!
                        I was trying to say that you can keep the price much above $5. I think with a plugin as powerful as this could be people would willingly pay the premium price. When I said the price is unfair, I meant it is unfair to the developer i.e. you

Comment

Originally posted by darkZ View Post
                          I was trying to say that you can keep the price much above $5. I think with a plugin as powerful as this could be people would willingly pay the premium price. When I said the price is unfair, I meant it is unfair to the developer i.e. you
                          I know what you meant.

The price will be narrowed in later.
                          Last edited by Bob_Gneu; 04-27-2014, 04:08 AM.

Comment

I know what you meant.

The price will be narrowed in later.
                            I'll be checking in on trello and this thread. Let me know if u need help with any focus testing. When i came to UE4 i was like... you know what... I'll get out of my comfort zone and buckle down and start learning the in's and outs of c++ since i'll have too. I'll break from living in atwood's law... and then u go and make this. But i am enjoying bettering my understanding daily.
                            Twitter - @TheKRushin

Feel free to ask questions and come learn to be an #UnrealDev

How to report a Bug

Comment

=)

Good for you! It's always good to step outside of our comfort zones and get a bit messy, but there is no use ignoring tools that are available.
                              Ill be updating trello more frequently going forward. I think its been sorely mistaken =)

I have some work to finish up on a couple other projects, but rest assured I am pushing forward full tilt with the next release.
                              I'll let you know when the next build is available so you can check it out!

.:Bob

Comment

Hi Bob,

Glad to see this coming through! You are making UE4 available to even more users, keep up the great work!
                                Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
                                How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X