No announcement yet.

[RELEASED] Flathead = UE4 + Javascript

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright folks. First RC is up. It is still very chaotic and you shouldn't expect much in the way of API stability ATM. I am going to be around tomorrow, but you can and should try out the plugin. Drop it into your own project's plugins directory and you will likely be able to see some fun and game frolicking around in your log files. As of now I am suggesting people build out their scripts by loading files at the beginning, hooking any events they plan to tie into at the initialization phase and firing events from their C++ at a later time.

The next release will be more useful, as I will be showing off how to expose objects, adding in the Execute method that will execute any arbitrary JS code anywhere in the code of your module.

Enjoy. Let me know what you think I can do better.
    About Me | JavaScript and UE4 | Exodus | Code Notes

Comment

help! I'm having problem during installation.
      Unreal Development Kit/Unreal Engine 4 User

"You're not getting what you want? Then calm, relax, push yourself a little more and wait for your moment to arrive, because everything has its time."

Comment

The zip should be unzipped at

MyGameModule/Plugins/V8Plugin/*

so that you get V8Plugin in that directory:

Exodus\Plugins\V8Plugin\V8Plugin.uplugin

Comment

I've put this way and gave this error.
          Code:
          C:\Users\User\Documents\Unreal Projects\ProjectX\Plugins\V8Plugin\V8Plugin.uplugin
          Last edited by kassane; 03-31-2014, 07:31 AM.

"You're not getting what you want? Then calm, relax, push yourself a little more and wait for your moment to arrive, because everything has its time."

Comment

Shoot me a message on IRC, AIM or Skype. Ill help you out. Maybe the instructions need to be expanded.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob_Gneu View Post
              Shoot me a message on IRC, AIM or Skype. Ill help you out. Maybe the instructions need to be expanded.
              add my skype!

Comment

I'm so excited to see this is really fleshing out so quickly Bob! I'm going to check it out once it becomes a bit more developed but it looks so great so far. Can't wait to use it! Thanks for sharing!
                Youtube
                Machine Learning C++ Plugin
                Lindenmayer System C++ Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by kassane View Post
                  I've put this way and gave this error.
                  Code:
                  C:\Users\User\Documents\Unreal Projects\ProjectX\Plugins\V8Plugin\V8Plugin.uplugin
                  https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...-clashing.html

Apparently there is an issue with home built engines not loading plugins appropriately. I have posted about this and will be including any fixes they provide, as well as any suggested details about the install process in the next release. For now, it is only supported on Win 64 machines with standard installs of UE4.

Comment

I can help you with at least getting a bearing if you are so inclined.
                    I'll have to take you up on that offer, to bad right now my schedule is a little busy to tinker on this thing (silly real work getting in the way of fun ).

Comment

Oh my god, you're telling me I can code in unreal using LiveScript!? (fork of CoffeeScript)
                      That's unreal.

Comment

This is an amazing project, thanks for picking JS over say lua or other popular scripting languages , this will enable thousands of webpeople todo stuff using only BPs together with this plugin.
                        Will you work on documentation as the api progresses?

Again, thanks!

Comment

Thanks So much for making this plugin available

I do not know C++ but I do know JS.

Like gsci said above - Will you be providing documentation as the API progresses?

If yes? Where can I donate?

- Ben

Comment

Originally posted by gsci View Post
                            This is an amazing project, thanks for picking JS over say lua or other popular scripting languages , this will enable thousands of webpeople todo stuff using only BPs together with this plugin.
                            Will you work on documentation as the api progresses?

Again, thanks!
                            Yes, absolutely. I think it may be possible to document the API and capabilities as a sub page off of the Wiki page, at least for now. Later on I will open up a bug tracker and wiki - probably hanging off of GitHub or BitBucket, but for now its on Trello. I hope to hear more about the needs people have and what direction they would need things to be going.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadClot View Post
                              Thanks So much for making this plugin available

I do not know C++ but I do know JS.

Like gsci said above - Will you be providing documentation as the API progresses?

If yes? Where can I donate?

- Ben
                              I don't think this will be a donation based process.
                              I am about to draw the line for RC2, so expect an update in the next few days. =)

Win32 is now supported
                              More objects are now able to be defined.

Comment

I don't think this will be a donation based process.
                                I am about to draw the line for RC2, so expect an update in the next few days. =)

Win32 is now supported
                                More objects are now able to be defined.
                                So it is going to be a paid for plugin or will it be open source?

I just shot you a invite on Skype.

Comment

Working...
                                X