X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started a topic [ASSETS] [FREE] Foliage Starter Kit

[FREE] Foliage Starter Kit

Hi!

Today I have a very special thread for you guys. I will give you a vegetation package for the > 4.7 with many meshes and advanced materials with various effects. Everything for free!!
    You can use them in your commercial and non-commercial projects. Just keep in mind that you shouldnt re-upload the package + dont use them in other engines.

>>>>>>>>Download<<<<<<<<

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Foliage Starter Kit is a package especially designed for the UE4. It will give you the ability to create awesome forest/parks/garden scenes with a great variation due to the different material parameters in the Material Instances.

That means that you can change the summer trees to winter or autumn trees with just changing a parameter in the Material Instance. Moreover you can modify the wind effects like the strength/variation and also the sway amount of the trees. You are also able to add snow and a variation colour which will change with the mesh position. Another feature is that the ground plants are interactive. So they will move/bend when the player walks over them.

All meshes are pretty low poly so that you can use them in a very large scale. Entire landscapes can be filled with them without great performance losses.

The package includes:

-46 Meshes...........................Grass, Flower, Bush, Trees (with LOD’s)
    -20 Textures
    -9 Master Materials.................Grass/Ground Plants, Tree, Landscape, Particle Material
    -1 Particle System..................Falling Leaves

All meshes are available as .blend files which will allow you to easily modify the assets. So you can directly jump into blender to change the appearance of the meshes (size, texture, LOD, collision,… actually you can change everything). Download for old versions: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B44...l2YU9sWW8/view

Meshes/Textures

The package includes 20 different textures (1st pic) and 46 different meshes (2nd pic):

Click image for larger version  Name:	pic5.jpg Views:	1 Size:	86.9 KB ID:	1144689Click image for larger version  Name:	pic4.jpg Views:	1 Size:	63.4 KB ID:	1144687

Effects

You can change/choose different effects in the Material Instances which can be found in the Child Material folder. The materials are split into 3 different categories with various effects:

Basic -> wind
    Advanced -> wind, variation,
    Pro -> wind, variation, snow, swaying, winter, autumn

Click image for larger version  Name:	pic1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	72.6 KB ID:	1144688

Materials

The materials are split into Master Materials and Material Instances. In the Master Materials you can change nodes which will affect all the Material Instances. In the Material Instances you can change different textures and effects.
    All the changes will mainly happen in the Material Instances! Just modify the Master Materials when you know the basics of the material editor.
    The package includes 9 Master Materials and several Material Instances:

M_grass_basic
    M_grass_advanced
    M_grass_pro
    M_tree_basic
    M_tree_advanced
    M_tree_pro
    M_bark
    M_landscape
    M_leave_part

Videos

Attached Files
    Last edited by fighter5347; 09-11-2017, 10:44 AM.

• replied
    FIX FOR DELINKING OF TEXTURES AND MATERIALS
    UE4 Version 22.3

So sometimes I find when I just move things into the content folder of another project that delinking thing occurs. It's nigh on impossible unless it's small to re-link everything unless its a small project. What you want to do is MIGRATE the assets over from the project itself. However now for problem 2, it doesn't open when you double click it. I managed to get it to open by going into the epic games launcher, launching the game engine, then clicking browse and selecting the project that way. After a while, it finally opened (With the landscape not textured properly but ah well) and I migrated EVERYTHING directly to the content folder of my game. Now when you open your game there will be folders everywhere, but at least its all linked and working. You can move all the folders (maps, material, meshes, particle, player_assets, showcase_assets and textures) to another folder (i called it foilagestarter) and it will slowly move it all with the links for you. Sometimes the folders won't disappear from your content section, they are just empty and refuse to delete. Fix up redirectors and then delete them off using file explorer.

Hope it helps! Took me a little while to workout with my shitbox laptop

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi i have downloaded this pack but it says i need a password ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    For some reason, my foliage doesn't stay... it doesn't stick.. it immediately disappears.

Video that shows the problem:

https://youtu.be/q-ug3QmTDko

What am I am missing here?
    Last edited by remozseo; 06-13-2019, 10:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yeah um i downloaded your pack and when i load the vegetation project theirs no materials and no textures how can i fix this or can you make a video on how to fix this, please reply.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    OK, I made some progress: when I copy just a Content folder (instead of everything) into my project, things get imported without additional problems.

Not that materials are correctly and automatically applied, they need to be selected manually for individual meshes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have an issue when trying to install the package (UE 4.21.2). I had no problems using the earlier one (I believe it was called foliage_pack) and was quite happy with it (I am a complete beginner and it was great just for some tinkering). When I try to import the vegetation_package by copying files into the content folder UE first asks me to confirm imports (tedious, but workable) then shows a dialog "DataTable options" asking to select DataTableRow type - but no matter what I choose I get a "Failed to parse JSON data." message. The only thing that I can do is to Cancel - but then all I have on the screen are meshes, without material/texture.

Does it mean the package is incompatible with the newest UE versions? That would be a shame

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thank you for the pack it really helps.
    Just a quick question, how do I get the sway effect on the trees? when I increase the sway strength it shows the tree swaying only inside the parameter window viewport, but not in the actual level cam viewport.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, sorry to Necro a super old thread! I was having problems with the foliage in my own project for performance reasons, particularly due to overdraw. I downloaded your project and checked the shader complexity and it is an absolute sea of white! (extremely bad for shader complexity). What can realistically done about this for running on low performance machines; or just remove grass entirely?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey how can i use that, how can i import the pack to unreal? I hope answer! Thks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    GUYS HOW DO I GET THIS!? I am very new to UE4 and when i download the file it opens as notepad when i open it it crashes the program and when i move it into my project in UE4 it doesn't appear PLS HELP!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i don't know how to put this in my files it comes in as an explorer download

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I got a question: At what density should one use this at? For instance painting the grass is normally set to 100/400. What are the best settings overall for the best performance?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm having the same problem as everyone else here, in Unreal 4.19

If I open the project file, everything compiles nicely and it all work.

If I move the content to the content folder of a current project in order to add grass etc, it doesn't work. All the models, textures and so on a delinked and can't see each other, you just get grey slab trees, grass and so on. None of textures work either.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Question:

I already have a project, now i want to add this "asset" or "brush thing" to add some extras

Is there a way to import your project mesh - mats folders into mine with the meshes liked to their own mats?

ive been trying to do that without having to import My meshes into a whole new downloaded project ( like yours ) just to get some grass

(((im not saying your project sucks, actually its awesome.. i just dont want to move a whole thing just to get some grass-bush )))

Leave a comment:

Working...
X