X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started a topic [ASSETS] [FREE] Foliage Starter Kit

[FREE] Foliage Starter Kit

Hi!

Today I have a very special thread for you guys. I will give you a vegetation package for the > 4.7 with many meshes and advanced materials with various effects. Everything for free!!
    You can use them in your commercial and non-commercial projects. Just keep in mind that you shouldnt re-upload the package + dont use them in other engines.

>>>>>>>>Download<<<<<<<<

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Foliage Starter Kit is a package especially designed for the UE4. It will give you the ability to create awesome forest/parks/garden scenes with a great variation due to the different material parameters in the Material Instances.

That means that you can change the summer trees to winter or autumn trees with just changing a parameter in the Material Instance. Moreover you can modify the wind effects like the strength/variation and also the sway amount of the trees. You are also able to add snow and a variation colour which will change with the mesh position. Another feature is that the ground plants are interactive. So they will move/bend when the player walks over them.

All meshes are pretty low poly so that you can use them in a very large scale. Entire landscapes can be filled with them without great performance losses.

The package includes:

-46 Meshes...........................Grass, Flower, Bush, Trees (with LOD’s)
    -20 Textures
    -9 Master Materials.................Grass/Ground Plants, Tree, Landscape, Particle Material
    -1 Particle System..................Falling Leaves

All meshes are available as .blend files which will allow you to easily modify the assets. So you can directly jump into blender to change the appearance of the meshes (size, texture, LOD, collision,… actually you can change everything). Download for old versions: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B44...l2YU9sWW8/view

Meshes/Textures

The package includes 20 different textures (1st pic) and 46 different meshes (2nd pic):

Click image for larger version  Name:	pic5.jpg Views:	1 Size:	86.9 KB ID:	1144689Click image for larger version  Name:	pic4.jpg Views:	1 Size:	63.4 KB ID:	1144687

Effects

You can change/choose different effects in the Material Instances which can be found in the Child Material folder. The materials are split into 3 different categories with various effects:

Basic -> wind
    Advanced -> wind, variation,
    Pro -> wind, variation, snow, swaying, winter, autumn

Click image for larger version  Name:	pic1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	72.6 KB ID:	1144688

Materials

The materials are split into Master Materials and Material Instances. In the Master Materials you can change nodes which will affect all the Material Instances. In the Material Instances you can change different textures and effects.
    All the changes will mainly happen in the Material Instances! Just modify the Master Materials when you know the basics of the material editor.
    The package includes 9 Master Materials and several Material Instances:

M_grass_basic
    M_grass_advanced
    M_grass_pro
    M_tree_basic
    M_tree_advanced
    M_tree_pro
    M_bark
    M_landscape
    M_leave_part

Videos

Attached Files
    Last edited by fighter5347; 09-11-2017, 10:44 AM.

• replied
    thank you for the pack it really helps.
    Just a quick question, how do I get the sway effect on the trees? when I increase the sway strength it shows the tree swaying only inside the parameter window viewport, but not in the actual level cam viewport.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, sorry to Necro a super old thread! I was having problems with the foliage in my own project for performance reasons, particularly due to overdraw. I downloaded your project and checked the shader complexity and it is an absolute sea of white! (extremely bad for shader complexity). What can realistically done about this for running on low performance machines; or just remove grass entirely?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey how can i use that, how can i import the pack to unreal? I hope answer! Thks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    GUYS HOW DO I GET THIS!? I am very new to UE4 and when i download the file it opens as notepad when i open it it crashes the program and when i move it into my project in UE4 it doesn't appear PLS HELP!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i don't know how to put this in my files it comes in as an explorer download

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I got a question: At what density should one use this at? For instance painting the grass is normally set to 100/400. What are the best settings overall for the best performance?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm having the same problem as everyone else here, in Unreal 4.19

If I open the project file, everything compiles nicely and it all work.

If I move the content to the content folder of a current project in order to add grass etc, it doesn't work. All the models, textures and so on a delinked and can't see each other, you just get grey slab trees, grass and so on. None of textures work either.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Question:

I already have a project, now i want to add this "asset" or "brush thing" to add some extras

Is there a way to import your project mesh - mats folders into mine with the meshes liked to their own mats?

ive been trying to do that without having to import My meshes into a whole new downloaded project ( like yours ) just to get some grass

(((im not saying your project sucks, actually its awesome.. i just dont want to move a whole thing just to get some grass-bush )))

Leave a comment:

• replied
    when i try to migrate content or import the content folder ue4 says ALL error (unknown format ueasset) and i can't import/migrate the grass. Why? i've already used this kit and it was awesome! (i'm trying to import the kit into a third person game project)
    Last edited by Kris; 04-28-2018, 10:12 AM. Reason: Removed unneeded quote of original post.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The file you download is a complete project file. All you need to do is unzip it and copy inside the folder your Unreal projects are stored. There is nothing to copy inside content folder as it is a project already. Once you open the project all will be there. When you realize where the assets are inside the project, you can use the Migrate function to any other project you want the assets working on.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    well... downloaded another tree package from here. same results. :?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    im trying to upload a screen shot. the forum always never accpets them even if i make them very small. but im doing the right steps... copying the folder to the projects content folder. i launch it and there it is.. assets and a all. they even have the textures in the preview window. but once i select it and drag it.. it goes grey.what odd is how the file with KiteDemo from the market works fine
    Last edited by syrom; 03-08-2018, 10:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i put the folders in my projects content folder. as soon as i drag any asset, the textures go away. why?

Just tried to put the content folders inside a older 4.16 and a newer 4.18 project. it does the same thing. the assets load fine, but as soon as i try to drag and drop a tree or grass... it flashes and the model goes grey with no texture. i look into the material of the asset and its missing the textures in the nodes. lost.
    Last edited by syrom; 03-08-2018, 09:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post
    Not really, I did copied the content and what happens is that in the beginning the shaders are compiling and takes some time for you to see. There were no need to manual setup for me for 4.17.
    thast what i thought too. just compiling. but if i look into the shaders slots where the materials are supposed to be, theres nothing. its odd. but glad to know it works for you guys with the newer versions.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X