[FREE] Foliage Starter Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PeterLannisters View Post
    Sorry Fighter didnt saw your post. The prob. is in Unreal engine it works but in Unreal Tournament Editor it wont work. And i ask myself why...
    Sollte eigentlich funken.

1. geh zu dem UT content ordner -> UT/UnrealTournamentEditor/UnrealTournament/Content
    2. kopier alles was in dem content ordner (Showcase_Assets, meshes, textures,...) vom foilage pack ist in den UT content ordner.
    3. jetzt sollte es funken

Comment

i have a problem with this pack, everytime I wan't to place a tree or any kind of foliage the textures or materials disaprear, i also can't find them in the folder. plz help

Comment

Originally posted by RubberDucky523 View Post
        i have a problem with this pack, everytime I wan't to place a tree or any kind of foliage the textures or materials disaprear, i also can't find them in the folder. plz help
        Do you use the assets in one of your own projects?

Comment

Awesome contribution! Thanks fighter5347!

Has anyone tried to use grass or/and foliage on mobile devices? I've compiled one of the maps coming with the package for iOS and when I run it on an iPad Air 2 all foliage and grass are just grey, like if there was no shader compiled. Do I do anything wrong or are they desktop-only assets? I think I've seen the same problem with the tree Epic provides in the Blueprint example map (the one with the 3 surveillance cameras and the tree) so it might not be specific to this package.

Comment

Originally posted by morph208 View Post
            Has anyone tried to use grass or/and foliage on mobile devices? I've compiled one of the maps coming with the package for iOS and when I run it on an iPad Air 2 all foliage and grass are just grey, like if there was no shader compiled. Do I do anything wrong or are they desktop-only assets? I think I've seen the same problem with the tree Epic provides in the Blueprint example map (the one with the 3 surveillance cameras and the tree) so it might not be specific to this package.
            I havent tested it on a mobile device, but I will do that tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by fighter5347 View Post
              I havent tested it on a mobile device, but I will do that tomorrow
              That'd be awesome, thanks! Let me kwow what you found. It's ok if it does not work, but I'd like to know the reason behind it (what feature is missing on mobile).

Comment

Originally posted by morph208 View Post
                That'd be awesome, thanks! Let me kwow what you found. It's ok if it does not work, but I'd like to know the reason behind it (what feature is missing on mobile).
                Delete the part with the world position offset, after that it should work

Comment

Thanks a a lot!
                  Pull Request - UE-13079: World Origin Shifting for Multiplayer. Make Arma Not War - TFAR.

Comment

wow, thanks!

Comment

hey sorry super new to unreal. when i imported all of the files, all the static meshes are just white and block like. is there a step i missed that lays the textures on them?

Comment

Originally posted by cptshanks View Post
                        hey sorry super new to unreal. when i imported all of the files, all the static meshes are just white and block like. is there a step i missed that lays the textures on them?
                        How have you imported them? -> do it like in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsA5SlMqsvg

Comment

Hi Fighter! Just wanted to sign up and pop in to say thanks for this, and it's very much appreciated for us beginners! I haven't even started learning yet (plan to in the near future!) - but I can tell this will be a great resource for backwards deconstructing and learning. I'm curious though, while doing some research apparently there's a new foliage shading model (not entirely sure that means yet) - and does this package utilize that? Also, I assume this package is probably well optimized and things won't take a great performance hit when all is said and done?

Anyways, thanks again and look forward to playing with this one!

Comment

Thank you so much.

I have a question: When you update the package as you said, will you post it here or in a new thread?
                            and if it is a new thread, I hope you will inform us here.
                            Thank you again.

Comment

Originally posted by Yasser_M_S View Post
                              Thank you so much.

I have a question: When you update the package as you said, will you post it here or in a new thread?
                              and if it is a new thread, I hope you will inform us here.
                              Thank you again.
                              I will post it into this thread

Comment

It is a great pack but I have a problem with lighting. (I use 4.8.2 ver - can it be because of the engine update?)

some trees go black, some just really dark, some light but none of them have proper shadow.
                                I have a skylight and light-mass importance volume + light source. Changing dimensions of trees, how far are they from ground and other objects does not work.
                                Only changing light source to movable made it look adequate.
                                Is there any other way to fix the pack's lighting issue?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X