No announcement yet.

[FREE] Foliage Starter Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome thank you! Is there a quick way to apply the moving grass accross my whole map? I can only place one shrub of grass at a time
    I'm using the grass mesh that you used in the video tutorial you listed above^, but want that all over

Thank you so much as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Chewiez View Post
      Awesome thank you! Is there a quick way to apply the moving grass accross my whole map? I can only place one shrub of grass at a time
      I'm using the grass mesh that you used in the video tutorial you listed above^, but want that all over
      Use the foilage tool -> https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...age/index.html

Comment

Thank you, i've done that, but it doesn't seem as dense? It's so patchy. Any pointers? I really want it to just be grass and not really be able to see the terrain floor?

Thank you again and sorry for all the questions

Edit: Fixed it, do you know of any free water materials I can get? For use of some realistic looking water haha :P
        Last edited by Chewiez; 04-13-2015, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Thank you, i've done that, but it doesn't seem as dense? It's so patchy. Any pointers? I really want it to just be grass and not really be able to see the terrain floor?

Thank you again and sorry for all the questions

Edit: Fixed it, do you know of any free water materials I can get? For use of some realistic looking water haha :P
          Check out the Water Planes in the Learn Tab in the Unreal Engine Launcher
          English is not my natural language... sorry 'bout that!

Comment

Or take a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPmRV1Z9ikY

Comment

Hey, I figured it out! I feel like a tool.

It seems I didn't fiddle with the reaction parameters as much as I thought. Now I'm getting clear results.

Truth be told, I'm not clear on what all of them do. For instance, what's the difference between Reaction Strength and Reaction Weight?

At any rate, thanks for helping, and thanks for making all this in the first place.
              I'm an artist! Check out my work at https://cinebst.wixsite.com/cinebeastart and hit me up!

You can e-mail me at cinebst@gmail.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinebeast View Post
                Truth be told, I'm not clear on what all of them do. For instance, what's the difference between Reaction Strength and Reaction Weight?
                Strength -> how fast it should swing in the wind
                weight -> how far it should swing

Comment

Need some help

i have downloaded it but its a .RAR data could anyboby help me please thank you
                  the preview video looks awesome!!

Comment

Originally posted by FynnOlsen View Post
                    i have downloaded it but its a .RAR data could anyboby help me please thank you
                    the preview video looks awesome!!
                    Already wrote him an answer as a pm

Extract it with winrar or 7zip -> now you can open the project or copy all the assets into your own project (like in the video)

Comment

Looks amazing, thanks
                      Web Developer | Learning UE4

Comment

Hey! How are the pine trees coming out?

Comment

Keep saving failed to import. Need help!Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (1).png
Views:	1
Size:	278.9 KB
ID:	1075454

Comment

Originally posted by OxfordReginald View Post
                            Keep saving failed to import. Need help!
                            Have you tried to drag and drop the files into your content browser? This doesn't work for me either, just copy the assets in your project directory, the content browser will update and everything's fine.

Comment

Originally posted by OxfordReginald View Post
                              Keep saving failed to import. Need help!
                              You can just import fbx,obj,png,jpg,... files, but no uasset or umap files. Take a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsA5SlMqsvg

Originally posted by RichSensations View Post
                              Hey! How are the pine trees coming out?
                              Still in work (atm I dont have much time -> school)

Comment

Originally posted by fighter5347 View Post
                                You can just import fbx,obj,png,jpg,... files, but no uasset or umap files. Take a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsA5SlMqsvg

Still in work (atm I dont have much time -> school)
                                What About This?

Click image for larger version

Name:	vegetation_import_mesh.png
Views:	2
Size:	447.2 KB
ID:	1075528

Comment

Working...
                                X