[FREE] Foliage Starter Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by petitbreton View Post
    Thank you so much for this amazing package ! Everything works fine for me except the interactive ground plants... They don't move when the player walks over them. Do I have something to do to make them react ?
    Make sure that you use the right material -> the "pro" material instance constant

Update:
    Currently creating the pine textures ^^

Comment

I've seen this one on YT just know. For sure i'll find use for that

Thank You

Comment

Originally posted by fighter5347 View Post
        Make sure that you use the right material -> the "pro" material instance constant
        I'm having trouble with this too. I switched to the pro materials and messed about with the "reaction" settings, but so far there's no change.
        I'm an artist! Check out my work at https://cinebst.wixsite.com/cinebeastart and hit me up!

You can e-mail me at cinebst@gmail.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinebeast View Post
          I'm having trouble with this too. I switched to the pro materials and messed about with the "reaction" settings, but so far there's no change.
          Do you use the character which was included in the package or your own one?

Comment

Do you use the character which was included in the package or your own one?
            Ah, my own. Do I need to set something up in the character blueprint?
            I'm an artist! Check out my work at https://cinebst.wixsite.com/cinebeastart and hit me up!

Comment

Ah, my own. Do I need to set something up in the character blueprint?
              Yep, you will have to add some nodes so that it will react (from the character bp we control the position + when it will play the effect). Just go into the character bp from the vegetation package - select all needed nodes - copy them - paste them into your character bp. You need the part with the W/A/S/D and this one here

Click image for larger version

Name:	position.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	1072316

Comment

Yep, you will have to add some nodes so that it will react (from the character bp we control the position + when it will play the effect). Just go into the character bp from the vegetation package - select all needed nodes - copy them - paste them into your character bp. You need the part with the W/A/S/D and this one here
                Hmm. No dice. My character BP is a lot more complicated than the default, so maybe something is interfering, I don't know. I'll show you the nodes, just in case, but they should be identical to what's in your add-on:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ue4_foliageaffect_graph.png
Views:	1
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	1072342

I added gamepad input in addition to the keyboard input, but that's all.

Comment

-is your custom event at the "sends player position..." an event tick? (so that it fires every frame -> you can also do that every second)
                  -have you migrated everything correctly into your new project? (like in the video above)
                  -check the reaction param material collection if you can still see the two parameters
                  -check the master material if everything is correct -> nothing missing, no errors,...

Comment

-is your custom event at the "sends player position..." an event tick? (so that it fires every frame -> you can also do that every second)
                    -have you migrated everything correctly into your new project? (like in the video above)
                    -check the reaction param material collection if you can still see the two parameters
                    -check the master material if everything is correct -> nothing missing, no errors,...
                    - Yes, the custom event is called every tick.
                    - I followed the video when I migrated the assets, but that was a while ago. How can I check to make sure everything's secure?
                    - The two parameters in my project look identical to the add-on's.
                    - No errors in the master materials. As far as I can see, they also look identical to the materials in the add-on.

Something just occurred to me: I've placed the foliage on a static mesh, not on a landscape. Would that cause a problem?

Comment

-when all textures are still assigned right, then everything should be ok
                      -normally it should also work when you place it on a mesh, but try it on a landscape to see if this caused the problem.
                      -just another time, go sure that you use the pro version of the material on all slots of the mesh (LOD0/LOD1/...)
                      -otherwise you will have to send me your character bp so that I can take a look at it

Comment

Still confused

Just copy and paste all folders into your project

Vote for me to get this package onto the marketplace
                        I'm a little bit computer literate right now, could anyone give me a step by step guide so I can import these textures into my current project?
                        I've read it and saw it said copy the folders into my game folder, but i'm unsure how to do that,

Sorry if i'm really stupid at this,
                        but thank you and hopefully someone can help tonight.

Cheers

Comment

Copy and paste the entire package to the Unreal Projects....Game->Content folder or you can drag & drop it in as well

Comment

Originally posted by Chewiez View Post
                            I'm a little bit computer literate right now, could anyone give me a step by step guide so I can import these textures into my current project?
                            I've read it and saw it said copy the folders into my game folder, but i'm unsure how to do that,
                            Make sure to take a look at this video

Comment

-just another time, go sure that you use the pro version of the material on all slots of the mesh (LOD0/LOD1/...)
                              This might be something. How do I check the different LODs for a mesh? I don't think I've done that before.

Comment

This might be something. How do I check the different LODs for a mesh? I don't think I've done that before.
                                Forget what I said, atm those meshes dont have any LOD's
                                But just as an information -> do a double click on the mesh - in the static mesh editor on the right side you can see the material slots

When you like we can solve the problem over skype -> nasph96

Comment

Working...
                                X