Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[LIVE STREAM] TheJamsh's Developer & Tutorial Streams!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still on for tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by TheJamsh View Post
      Still on for tonight!
      What time do you usually stream? Hope I can catch it live. :P
      Twitter: @InfectedFPS
      Twitch: InfectedFPS (Occasionally stream some work)

Comment

Originally posted by InfectedFPS View Post
        What time do you usually stream? Hope I can catch it live. :P
        Countdown in the Original Post up top, approx 50 mins from now!

Comment

Countdown in the Original Post up top, approx 50 mins from now!
          Aha. That was blocked on the public wifi network I'm using. I see it now. Thanks
          Twitter: @InfectedFPS
          Twitch: InfectedFPS (Occasionally stream some work)

Comment

New tutorial tomorrow straight after the Unreal Stream! How to get the most out of texture compression

Comment

You are the texture king!
              I'm @londonisunreal, the organiser of the London Unreal Engine Meetup group.

Comment

Mind blown, so much information. Must say this was one great stream straight to the point and covered a **** load of topics. Looking forward to more.

Comment

Originally posted by X.E.R.T. View Post
                  Mind blown, so much information. Must say this was one great stream straight to the point and covered a **** load of topics. Looking forward to more.
                  Thanks! I'm having some issue uploading it to the 'tube at the moment. Going to download it for safekeeping until I figure out what's going on.

Comment

Any information about the next stream? Whats the topic? *drools for more awesome streams*

Comment

Thanks! I'm having some issue uploading it to the 'tube at the moment. Going to download it for safekeeping until I figure out what's going on.
                      What issues exactly? My video uploaded just fine. Could it be that you are trying to upload the whole stream at once, but your
                      youtube account does not support longer videos? Check your Youtube account if the function "Longer Videos" has a green status
                      for your account. Maybe this is the part where it fails :X
                      Open for contracted work | C++/BP (incl. Multiplayer) | Tutoring | VR

My UE4 Blog/Page with Tutorials and more: Hit me for ALL the things!
                      (Including 100+ Pages Multiplayer Network Compendium to get you started.)

Comment

Still can't get the upload to work I'm afraid, it's available as a highlight for the time-being!

Need some ideas for my next stream, if anybody has anything... fire away!

Comment

hmm I'd like to see some stuff about Skyboxes. UE4 and classic skyboxes are some kind of.... weird. So Spherical, Equirectangular, classic cubemap or 6 seperate textures. That would be nice^^

Comment

Still can't get the upload to work I'm afraid, it's available as a highlight for the time-being!

Need some ideas for my next stream, if anybody has anything... fire away!
                            You said you'd be posting the code for the flexible MP ready camera system in C++. I'm having a hell of a time blueprinting a camera system for my game but your c++ setup is nearly perfect with some modifications, unfortunatly the stream is nearly unwatchable due to background noise and the whole changing topic half way through. Do you have the source posted somewhere? I cant find anything.
                            Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

Comment

I actually redid it at a later date, I'll post the new code here shortly. Sorry about the changing topic etc, turned out to be a lot more work than I thought at the time

EDIT: Okay scratch that, I don't have the original code I was working on in the video anymore - I long since rewrote the entire system but it's heavily intertwined with the rest of my game now. Pro tip though, you don't need to use Client / Server RPC's like I was doing before. Just override 'SetPawn' in the player controller and setup the camera stuff there, since it's automatically called server and client side.

Sorry about that, a lot of that was written way back then was before I'd really got to grips with the API
                              Last edited by TheJamsh; 08-08-2016, 12:09 PM.

Comment

I actually redid it at a later date, I'll post the new code here shortly. Sorry about the changing topic etc, turned out to be a lot more work than I thought at the time

EDIT: Okay scratch that, I don't have the original code I was working on in the video anymore - I long since rewrote the entire system but it's heavily intertwined with the rest of my game now. Pro tip though, you don't need to use Client / Server RPC's like I was doing before. Just override 'SetPawn' in the player controller and setup the camera stuff there, since it's automatically called server and client side.

Sorry about that, a lot of that was written way back then was before I'd really got to grips with the API
                                Thats a shame, not going over all the enums created for the different view types and how to access its members and such is where I got stuck. It looks like agreat system, marketable even.
                                Thanks for hte reply though
                                Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

Comment

Working...
                                X