X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by JBaldwin View Post
    You can lock this thread. That way the official thread becomes the main hub.

Thank you!
    Done as per your request. All readers use this thread for future updates: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Announcements

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You can lock this thread. That way the official thread becomes the main hub.

Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @JBaldwin: Do you want us to lock this thread for you or are you happy to keep both going?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cool stuff guys! Thanks for posting images

Very nice Anafeyka - this is a great idea. In my next update, I will actually be building a debri field that you can fly through in the ring So make sure to keep a look out.

Important!
    The official F.M. Station Thread is Live! There is an update for the FX Gas Planet Starter Kit located there, (and all future updates will take place within that thread).
    Check out the thread here:
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Announcements

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great work. Thank you
    Purely as an experiment, if you add a texture noise and rotator can get this kind of:

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you so much

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hmm I still have one issue. I'm using a stationary directional light as a source and I can't get shadows in the rings to work. No matter what I do, they won't be displayed. Both the planet and the ring are static.

Any ideas?

Edit: Didn't want to make a triple post, but here's what I made with your Kit <3
    Check the full image for 4K!

Last edited by TriNityGER; 06-15-2015, 08:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Holy sh*t did you just release that for free? Oh god I thought I had more time to prepare my project for this. Definitely gonna make something with this. I'll post it once I finished it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Glad it worked out for you and that you enjoyed it
    When work calms down, I am going to make a tutorial for this as well as more expandable content.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You were right. Once I updated to 4.8, they display perfectly. They look great!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ah that is probably why. 4.8 is the required build

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm currently on 4.7. I'll download 4.8 tonight and see how it goes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What version of UE4 did you load it with?

BTW Thanks to everyone who is donating! This helps lift the burden of finances and gives me more time to make content for everyone

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Checked it out. Awesome as usual! The only thing I noticed is that when I load the first two demo maps, the gas planet shows the default "no texture applied" ue4 texture (the gray one). I thought for awhile it was compiling shaders, but that wasn't the case. The rings and the "atmosphere" still render fine, but the texture on the planet itself seems to be missing?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome!

Thanks so much!
    This is really cool and really helpful to me. I can learn a lot from it so thanks again!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X