Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So should I just give you all my cash now? Because I will definitely be buying each and every one of the packs you listed. Maybe I can get get a subscription?

J^2

Comment

Yeah, I also want a subscribe option!

Comment

@SaviorNT - The Black-Hole theory is most likely based on actuality. However, as of right now, we cannot directly observe a "black-hole" or *Supermass* but rather are only able to observe secondary effects. Not only that, some of the Black-hole theories fall flat - such as the conversion of mass and energy at the event horizon. For these and other reasons, I called it "science fiction". Until it is proven in its entirety at least.

@J.J.Franzen & BardicKnowledge:
        Unfortunately there is no subscription outside of the UE subscription But your words of support are appreciated!

-Jeremy-
        Portfolio
        UE3 - Advanced FX Masterclass Part 1 DVD
        UE3 - Advanced FX Masterclass Part 2 DVD

Comment

Originally posted by JBaldwin View Post
          @[PB]Aphexx:

This is exactly how the material works. The atmosphere is driven off of an actual light location within the world (light vector). You can dynamically modify it at anytime, blend from one value to another, and do a lot more.
          You can even link it to a dummy object and it will behave as if it is a light vector

-Jeremy-
          perfect! i'm pumped
          also another question concerning alpha sorting.
          currently we have the problem, that our planetary rings, sort of flicker. sometimes blended in front and then again behind the planet when flying towards it. i did not try yet, but perhaps this can be solved, when all mesh components (amtosphere, globe and rings) are all in one meshobject.
          how are your meshes organized and is your shader also seamlessly working on large distances? like a 20 meter globe approached from 15km distance.

Comment

@Aphexx:
            concerning alpha sorting. Currently we have the problem, that our planetary rings, sort of flicker. sometimes blended in front and then again behind the planet when flying towards it.
            This should be pretty simple to fix. Simply set your planet mesh to Translucency Sort Priority: 0 | Set your Atmosphere to Translucency Sort Priority: 1 | and set your rings to Translucency Sort Priority: 2. This way, they render in a proper layering fashion. **You can access the Translucency Sort Priority in the mesh details panel of each object.

-Jeremy-
            Portfolio

Comment

oh sry. my fault, i failed.
              didn't mean alpha sorting, but zfighting which occours when approaching from very far distances.

Comment

I did a quick test, here are the results:
                (No Z-Fighting)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Zfighting_Test.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	205.1 KB
ID:	1067128

In terms of what might cause it? I am not quite sure. Perhaps your atmosphere mesh is the exact same scale as your sphere mesh? If it is occurring with your rings as well, perhaps there are double faces upon export? Or there might be a scale issue? It could be one of many things. Sorry I can't be more specific

-Jeremy-
                Portfolio

Comment

sure thx man! it's true, this cannot be discussed without hands on. perhaps it can be fixed when all objects are put into one mesh object. i remember this helped ages ago.. another time another engine haha. however, we currently have higher prioritys.
                  what counts, is that your mesh might be zfight free
                  also thx for taking care!
                  btw. an idea for your nebula: it would be superuseful when it could also be approached to fly through it. perhaps with postprocess volumes

Comment

No problem

The nebulas are definitely going to be 3Dimensional. The purpose of them is not only to look pretty, but have the ability to fly through them

-Jeremy-
                    Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by JBaldwin View Post
                      No problem

The nebulas are definitely going to be 3Dimensional. The purpose of them is not only to look pretty, but have the ability to fly through them

-Jeremy-
                      Seriously this is a great time to develop a space themed game. So many things I planned to do for my space scenes I can buy from the marketplace in much higher qualtiy. Then I can rip everything apart only to realize how much I still don't know
                      And all that for price that is almost too good to be true.

I am really looking forward to your FX Kits.

Comment

Fantastic as always Jeremy! Can't wait to see it. It's on my buying list!

+1 for 3Dimensional nebulas.

Comment

Amazing! I intend to buy everything you make. Can't wait for this to hit. Keep up the great work.

Comment

Looks spectacular! I'll definitely buy this when it's out.
                            http://realityartsstudio.com

Comment

Any updates on this project at all? Been a while since we heard anything! I'm dying for a better atmosphere shader right now.

Comment

Updated and Submitted!

Also, make sure to check out the original post (the initial post in this thread) - New Marketing images and info are now available
                                Portfolio

Comment

Working...
                                X