X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started a topic Alflakky's Camera styles

Alflakky's Camera styles

Hello everyone!

I made couple camera custom BPs, that have diferent movement styles. These BPs can help you to learn a bit about camera logic and, if you want, can be used in your project for free.

Cameras:
    Use links or just scroll down
    Orbital Camera style
    Strategy style movement

Setup process:
    1. Place Cam(Or whatever it named).uasset in your content folder (ex: Project/Content/Blueprints)
    2. Launch your project and find the asset.
    3. Place asset in the level and setup it initial orientation, radius and settings
    4. Posses to it in game process or use auto posses

Hope you like it, guys!
    Last edited by AlFlakky; 01-20-2015, 09:32 AM.

• replied
    Thank you AlFlakky, for this awesome BP, its working prety good with mouse.
    i think an update with touch integration would be welcome.
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Seems that thread is dead, but I will try))))

I need to add 2 same blueprints into the scene, but works only one of them (latest that was placed in the scene). So, one of my cams I can rotate/zoom and another one can't be moved at all. Is there any way to make both of them work together?

BP itself works absolutely fine and pretty easy to understand and modify even for complete beginner as I am, but still... no idea why it's not working.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Someone, can help me to add PAN (change x,y location of the camera according to the mouse movement) function to this fantastic blueprint? I tried to add AddActorWorldOffset but doesn't work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello,
    thanks for this awesome camera ! I was looking for a "sketchlab like" camera to present design projects and your work is really great
    Good job

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi! Thanks for the tool. Very helpful. Question... Why can't I pan around the scene while in play? I can tumble around the pivot and also zoom. Thanks. 4.19 on Mac.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    AlFlakky,

This is great. I have one issue I'm hopping you can help me with. I'm trying to add WASD control to the camera so the user can manually navigate to locations without having to click on an actor.

I have a "InputAxis MoveForward" and "InputAxis MoveRight" with a "AddActorLocalOffset" to move the Pawn. This works, but if I am looking down my pawn moves through the ground, if my camera is up, it goes towards the sky. I basically would like for it to just move in the direction my camera is facing when W is pressed, and right when D is pressed, etc.

Any suggestions on how this is done?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for these beautiful assets!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @kandeep

'ExecuteUbergraph_Cam' from node: SetActorLocation in graph: EventGraph in object: Cam with description: Accessed None trying to read property FocusedItem".
    Change 'focus to the object" to look like below. You need to check for a hit before running the function

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi,
    I´m wondering how to add limits to camera movement. Tried to add clamp -node to "camera limits" -section in the blueprint of the camera, but no luck. Got that working with the zoom, but not with axises. Anyone can help with this. I´m basically trying to make a cam that can move only in certain limits (around product). Also can´t get the zoom-clicked mesh to work properly, always zooms to same place (origin of the scene).

Thanks!
    Mikko

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi everyone! First of all thanks a lot for the camera asset, It is awesome! But... I have an issue can't solve...

I have two levels, one is just the menu and the other is my scene with the OrbitCamera. The thing is when I am in the OrbiCamera edit level and I press play, everything works ok but, when I open the menú and press the button for going to the Orbit camera level... The controllers don't work! I have realized When I set the auto Possess player in Player 0 you can see from the camera but controllers don't work but if you set the Possess player in Player disabled you don't see from the camera but controllers work....

Can anyone please help me I have no idea what is going on!!

Thanks a lot!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Sorry another Blueprint Noob here.
    Where do I set the distance of the camera to the target? Do I do that in BP of the stategycamera? if so where. Thanks for this! and thanks in advance. I would like to do a product exploded view animation. ThankS Rich

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks a lot mister for this very perfect camera. I have two interogations about it.
    - the origin of the orbiter change when i double-click (I use widget and my button are controlled by double click). Do you know how to "fix" it (the problem and the origin...) ?
    Last edited by guiguimbop; 09-04-2017, 05:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Perfect! I just stumbled across this, thank you so much!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello,
    Thank you for the Orbital Camera style ! very usefull, How can I add a pan option with MMB?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X