Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free Asset: 'Showcase' Blueprint ( showcase your models with ease )

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Asset: 'Showcase' Blueprint ( showcase your models with ease )

Hey guys, here is the set-up that I use when I test my PBR materials in Unreal.
    I know the default 'Starter Content' includes something like this, but it can't hurt to share this too!
    It works a little different; it has several different light-environments to choose from and a few easy to tweak settings.

Here is a quick video demonstrating how to install and use it. Enjoy

Note: I will keep adding features to this whenever I find more time. If you have any ideas, let me know!

Update:

Hey guys, new version is ready. I couldn't do a lot of work on it, but this should help a few people out I think. I've exposed a few more things you can tweak and also an option for a custom skybox. If you don't want a skybox at all you can turn down it's intensity and use a solid color( or both! )

Download it HERE

Last edited by Osman; 01-08-2015, 10:52 PM.

RIP Marmoset.
    Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-source template)

Comment

Really nice and just what I was looking for.

Could you add a few out door HDR's?
      Clarke's third law: Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Comment

great job Osman, and thank you for sharing that with us
        My projects : Jurassic-life MESA Unreal Engine 4 Developers France Steam Group Unreal Engine 4 French tutorials

Comment

Nice work, Osman! Got my copy!

I agree with Tom on this one. No need to have that extra software around with something like this.

Tim
          Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
          UE4 Documentation
          Wiki Troubleshooting Guides: Lighting | Swarm Agent | Destructibles |

Comment

Haha @ Tom

Glad you guys like it. I'll add a few outdoor HDR's Frankie

@ Tim, exactly, and I'm trying to keep this lightweight so that it's easy to drop into any project you have

Going to expose some more controls to tweak ( ao, fringe, vignette, LUT etc ) today

Comment

Is there a way to add this to launcher's library vault, like the marketplace "Animation Starter Pack"? that has the option to "Add to project".

Comment

Originally posted by Osman View Post
                Haha @ Tom
                I'll add a few outdoor HDR's Frankie
                Excellent.

As a motivator if you up size it this would be a marketplace product that I would be willing to pay for.

If it had a “make it look good button” that if the current lighting rig is save to a new map wow one less thing to worry about.
                Clarke's third law: Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Comment

Looks great for working on your materials, as well as presenting WIP shots.

Comment

Hay Osman though you might like to know that one can do a bit more than just make materials with your show case

Not to be a pest..mostly but a few matinee turn table options would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieV View Post
                      Excellent.

As a motivator if you up size it this would be a marketplace product that I would be willing to pay for.

If it had a “make it look good button” that if the current lighting rig is save to a new map wow one less thing to worry about.
                      I actually have a product in mind for release hopefully around Q1 2015

I would suggest you see:

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post159283

and

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post159898

for further details.

p.s. I have also discussed this with Osman in private as a potential collaboration effort.
                      Regards,
                      Benjamin D. Smith

Founder & CEO | Binary Sword Pty Ltd
                      Currently working on: ODIN Tracker (UE4 Plugin)

Comment

hey Benjamin, you did contact me, I however declined the offer because like I said in the PM 'I want to keep this basic and free'.

Just wanted to point that out to reduce any confusion. This will stay free

Good luck with your asset, if you have any questions etc, post away!

edit:

New version is on the way, with some more controls for post-process effects and some other cool features.

Comment

Originally posted by Osman View Post
                          hey Benjamin, you did contact me, I however declined the offer because like I said in the PM 'I want to keep this basic and free'.

Just wanted to point that out to reduce any confusion. This will stay free

Good luck with your asset, if you have any questions etc, post away!

edit:

New version is on the way, with some more controls for post-process effects and some other cool features.
                          Hi Osman,
                          Yes thank you for pointing that out. I thought it was not my place to speak for you, hence I left it open ended for you to complete + I said potential so no damage done
                          Regards,
                          Benjamin D. Smith

Founder & CEO | Binary Sword Pty Ltd
                          Currently working on: ODIN Tracker (UE4 Plugin)

Comment

Updated the top post with a new version

Comment

"Hay Osman though you might like to know that one can do a bit more than just make materials with your show case" That's what I'm talking about. Hubba hubba. (FrankieV) Must be one of those Daz3d characters you're always talking about. Definitely gotta check that out.
                              Last edited by breese45; 01-08-2015, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X