• Show
Clear All

• replied
    Ahh, why didnt I think of that
    Thanks! works like a charm now!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Luos,

I see what you mean. The pivot point in 3ds max is not used in UE. If you want the pivot of the VF to be centered in Cascade, you need to position your splines and the template box centered in the world. The origin of the world will be the pivot point position of your VF.

Hope it helps.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello Ruben, I have been using this tool now for a bit (great tool! thank you for this!), and would love to use it in combination with VF Rotation rate (rotates the vector field) but when I move the pivot in 3dsmax to the center of the box instead of at the bottom (to give it a propper rotation) it wont accept it and resets it back to the bottom.

which results in this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2fd87ac8300d145152a1af44a9b76a48.png
Views:	1
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	1050159

The rotation in the particle editor results in this if I move the pivot

(not moving one)

Any ideas? suggestions? did i miss something?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by swat3d View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'd like to share a Maxscript i've been working on to create vector fields for UE4 by using spline shapes in 3ds Max.

You can download VFShapes from here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...1/VFShapes.mcr

Feedback is more than welcome. If you guys make anything cool with it, please post it in this thread, i'd love to see it!

Thanks.

Ruben Henares
    Senior Technical Artist
    That was awesome

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That was going to be my next project actually. I've seen a few guys asking about VF tools for Max. What was it that went wrong?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow...I'll check it when i get home. I once made a VectorField generator using Maxscript with FumeFX but it didnt go well.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm glad you like it Jacky. Let me know if you try it out and find any features you'd like to see added.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is insane!

Thank you Ruben!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X