No announcement yet.

[TOOL TUTORIAL] Vector Fields from splines in 3ds Max

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This might sound dum, but I can't get the script to run. Is it compatible with 3dsmax 2015?

Comment

Originally posted by swat3d View Post
      Hi Luos,

I see what you mean. The pivot point in 3ds max is not used in UE. If you want the pivot of the VF to be centered in Cascade, you need to position your splines and the template box centered in the world. The origin of the world will be the pivot point position of your VF.

Hope it helps.
      Awesome, thanks!

Comment

A question?
        With this tool was made the effect of explosion infiltration demo?
        Awesome tools
        Thanks for this tools

Comment

thanks for this amazing tool!
          The script is working perfectly on 3ds max 2014/2016 .. But I can't export a VF shape with density more than 32 .. if I did, my whole PC crash .. I did it many times with various shapes :/
          It takes long time to Update the VF grid for everyone right?

Comment

I for one am still hoping on an updated, more optimised (multi-thread using?) version of this.
            It works great, but occasionally I need such complex vecfields I need to run them overnight :/

Comment

Word of warning: I just lost a day's of design work on a complex vector field, because I assumed that regular "line" splines would be convertible into an editable spline for use with the Vector Field generator.

You must use an "arc" spline instead.

Comment

O_o they can be converted into editable splines.
                Just apply an editable spline modifier, collapse, done.

Comment

Very useful! Thank you!!!

Comment

hi ! thanks for the script ! is there a way to constraint the resulted vector in a plane ? like getting rid of one component ?

Comment

Hey, this script is amazing, thanks very much for sharing it!

Comment

I can't seem to get the script to run error " --Cannot assign to read-only variable: export"... tried on 3dsmax 2014,2015 and 2016. Any idea? Thanks!

Comment

First I must say you did a very handy tool. As a feedback may I give you some humble suggestions - you could add a presets combobox that would include some basics examples (don┬┤t know ... like a mockup galaxy) and the possibility to save your own presets (that would include the shapes, position and vector field params) and also the option to import back the exported vector field would be another point in favour (for those who would like to rework their projects without having to save the entire max project).
                          Thank you for your work.

Comment

Originally posted by Superxcm View Post
                            I can't seem to get the script to run error " --Cannot assign to read-only variable: export"... tried on 3dsmax 2014,2015 and 2016. Any idea? Thanks!
                            It must interfere with another exporter that has the same fn/var denominations. try to disable any mcr that you have installed in your 3d max and leave this script only. And if everything┬┤s alright then start adding one by one the scripts you have registered in your max version.

Comment

Ok it works! yes one of my script was using the same! Thanks!

Comment

Is this script still in development?

Comment

Working...
                                X