Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Full Project] Rama's UMG Rebindable Key System, Rebind keys at Runtime!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been having trouble getting this to work for my game and have thus had to put keybinding on the backburner for now. Anytime I try to get a key press it immediately assumes the space bar and nothing else. Really strange.
    - Russell Meakim AKA The Castle
    BLOG: https://steemit.com/@thecastle

Comment

I have this working on Unreal Engine 4.7. It took a few minor fixes so I made a quick video to help anyone else looking for answers. Oh and thanks again Rama. Please add a donate button!
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBl-6u9fWe0

Comment

Oh and by the way, I'm wondering about a default set. Any ideas on how to set some default values (to restore to)?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Looman View Post
          Another great resource by Rama!
          Thanks Tom! (my record for most-timely-response I think)

Rama
          100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

Originally posted by Emrico1 View Post
            I have this working on Unreal Engine 4.7. It took a few minor fixes so I made a quick video to help anyone else looking for answers. Oh and thanks again Rama. Please add a donate button!
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBl-6u9fWe0
            ~~~

Thank You Emrico!

Thanks for making the video! I've reposted it with forum formatting!

Your desktop background and toolbar background are so much fun!

~~~

Video on Upgrading My Project to 4.7, by Emrico

~~~

Donations

People who want to send me donations can PM me

I've also set up a Donations page my fitness website here:

Rama's Diet & Fitness Website
            http://lightningfitness.org/donate/

Rama
            Last edited by Rama; 05-25-2015, 05:53 PM.

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

Thanks again Rama!
              The desktop background was created by my seven year old niece while I was teaching her photoshop. I love it (even despite the comic sans).
              The Anime girl was a joke between my Nephew (he suggested boobs in the thumbnail to get noticed), I kind of regret that one haha.
              Last edited by Emrico1; 05-25-2015, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Emrico1 View Post
                Thanks again Rama!
                The desktop background was created by my seven year old niece while I was teaching her photoshop. I love it (even despite the comic sans).
                The Anime girl was a joke between my Nephew (he suggested boobs in the thumbnail to get noticed), I kind of regret that one haha.
                Well to be honest the hot girl was my favorite part, along with the Rainbow Toolbar!

Rama
                Last edited by Rama; 05-25-2015, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Rama, is there a way with this system to support binding multiple keys to the same action? e.g. both LMB and the F key fire a gun? I know the opposite is doable (e.g. F key does both fire and reload) and I know UE4 supports multiple action bindings, but it appears the Victory Key struct only takes a single key struct in per named InputAction?

Comment

Originally posted by RhythmScript View Post
                    Rama, is there a way with this system to support binding multiple keys to the same action? e.g. both LMB and the F key fire a gun? I know the opposite is doable (e.g. F key does both fire and reload) and I know UE4 supports multiple action bindings, but it appears the Victory Key struct only takes a single key struct in per named InputAction?
                    This is a great idea! When I get around to updating this project properly, I can check out your request!

Anyone remind me I said this in about 2 weeks

Rama

Comment

very usefull rama, thank you for sharing it!
                      http://enzoravo.website

Comment

Originally posted by enzoravo View Post
                        very usefull rama, thank you for sharing it!
                        You're welcome enzoravo!

Rama

Comment

(You asked to be reminded) so I'm wondering if you've given any consideration to updating Victory Key Binding to support InputAxis mappings or multiple inputs per action...?

Comment

Upgraded to 4.8!

Dear Community,

I've upgraded my Rebindable Keys sample project to 4.8!

The project uses the 4.8 version of my Victory BP Library plugin to handle the changing of input bindings during runtime based on key presses you enter.

~~~

Download

Here's the full project for you!

Wiki Link to Download Page
                            https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:ReBindableKeys.zip

~~~

Enjoy!

Rama

PS:

Originally posted by RhythmScript View Post
                            (You asked to be reminded) so I'm wondering if you've given any consideration to updating Victory Key Binding to support InputAxis mappings or multiple inputs per action...?
                            Yup its on my list of things to do soon as I can!

Comment

Update ~ Multiple Keys and Axis Mappings

Click image for larger version

Name:	ReBindAxisMapping.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	402.3 KB
ID:	1081935

Dear Community,

Major update!

I've added support for rebinding axis keys and scales during runtime!

My new implementation also easily supports rebinding mappings during runtime which have multiple keys associated with them!

~~~

Download

Here's the full project for you!

Wiki Link to Download Page
                              https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:ReBindableKeys.zip

Enjoy!

Rama

Comment

I think I may have found a bug with the way your new axis keybind system works, Rama. Essentially, it seems that the "original" keybind reference is based on an Axis Name and an associated key... But while it accepts the "value" parameter, it doesn't distinguish it?

If, for example, I go into my menu and "accidentally" bind W to both Moveforward 1 and Moveforward -1, and I then try to bind an axis value to MoveForward 1, it will overwrite both the Moveforward 1 and Moveforward -1 bindings with the new binding, since it cannot tell them apart..? The only way to recover from this once it happens is to go into Project Settings to manually change it, as it will then show two duplicate copies of a moveforward 1 binding with no way to differentiate them.

EDIT: put another way, I think the shortcoming here that can't be solved is that there's no way, using your system, to add or remove keybinds, only to replace them. It would be possible to avoid this issue, at least on my end (since it happens when loading preset lists of keybinds) by simply doing a Get All Victory Keybinds > ForEach > RemoveKeybind and then calling an Array of Victory Keybinds > ForEach > AddKeybind. As it stands, the problem is if there's any sort of mismatch between the existing keybinds and the ones that are supposed to be added, because the user accidentally pared the list down from two keybinds to one (for example, by double-binding a movement command twice to the same key) he permanently loses one keybind since the system can only modify keybinds, it can't add or subtract them from the list.
                                Last edited by RhythmScript; 07-20-2015, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X