Grass - Because there was none

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grass - Because there was none

So after days of searching for grass I finally gave up and made my own. I used speedtree to make this. Its not the first nor will it be the last version but at least I like the way it looks with minimal impact on epic settings. I've included the uassets needed to get this to work in your project.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DotCam; 11-09-2014, 03:50 PM. Reason: Removed link until further notice - needs an extra licence for distribution of SpeedTree assets

Nice! Thx for sharing

Btw, here are some more free grass meshes: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...e-grass-meshes

Comment

I've tried using the mats in that post but i failed miserably . Had so many issues with importing.

I forgot to mention that the grass does include wind animation that is activated by the wind actor. No idle wind.

Comment

Cool! Thanks!

Comment

Subscribed to this thread, plenty of 3D projects need grass, so it's always good to be able to point users toward examples and/or premade content.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by DestructDez1 View Post
            I've tried using the mats in that post but i failed miserably . Had so many issues with importing.

I forgot to mention that the grass does include wind animation that is activated by the wind actor. No idle wind.
            Hmm, strange. I will go and check what could be wrong

Comment

Thank you for this!

Comment

I used speedtree to make this
                Does license allow you to disrtibute things made in SpeedTree and give them to people that could use them in their commercial projects ?
                For example if you give grass or trees made with SpeedTree, people could use them commercialy.

Comment

Originally posted by Galeon View Post
                  Does license allow you to disrtibute things made in SpeedTree and give them to people that could use them in their commercial projects ?
                  For example if you give grass or trees made with SpeedTree, people could use them commercialy.
                  Actually no it does not that is a good point, I am not positive when it comes to free assets but if they are for sale you need to apply for a secondary licence, more info here:
                  https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...e-content.html

For the time being I am going to remove the link from his post above, @DestructDez1 please check your PM's for more info.

Thanks Galeon!
                  Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

Working...
                  X