Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advanced Blueprints Tutorials (Multiplayer) (FREE Download)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I uploaded the complete component. Will update later today to improve on performance, usability and check multiplayer scenarios.

Comment

Love what you're doing! However, I'm having issues when trying to download. Either assets are missing or a bunch of plugins are required.

Comment

Originally posted by JedediahTheWolf View Post
        Love what you're doing! However, I'm having issues when trying to download. Either assets are missing or a bunch of plugins are required.
        1) i did not upload assets from paragon. add countess to the project before you open any countess examples and they will work. That's why the download is aprox 120 mb not 2gb.
        2) make sure you are downloading from the Dev.Azure.Com not github. github has terrible transfer limits for LFS so I dropped it completly.
        3) regard the plugins - all plugins in use are FREE. except for electronic nodes - you can disable it and nothing will break. its an editor-only plugin. The rest of plugins are quality of life plugins I honestly don't see why someone would not install

Please let me know if this resolved your problems.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeIV View Post

1) i did not upload assets from paragon. add countess to the project before you open any countess examples and they will work. That's why the download is aprox 120 mb not 2gb.
          2) make sure you are downloading from the Dev.Azure.Com not github. github has terrible transfer limits for LFS so I dropped it completly.
          3) regard the plugins - all plugins in use are FREE. except for electronic nodes - you can disable it and nothing will break. its an editor-only plugin. The rest of plugins are quality of life plugins I honestly don't see why someone would not install

Please let me know if this resolved your problems.
          It did thank you sir!

Comment

Paragon example 2 that is closing the topic of paragon character is completed. it is also a showcase of the component usage.

It will take me some time to montage the video but im uploading the example and component update to the server. its tested on listen and dedicated server but works better at high tick rate - so on listen server like a charm
            Click image for larger version

Name:	sesrver prediction hit.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	710.1 KB
ID:	1796121

Name:	paragon character.JPG
Views:	285
Size:	160.7 KB
ID:	1796120

Name:	combat component.JPG
Views:	366
Size:	228.7 KB
ID:	1796119

Comment

Hello Angel, I have seen your Able video and started to check out more content on the plugin and it seems like a great tool but also i have seen all its documentation is like 4 years old as well as its tutorials. My question is, are the current docs and tutorials good enough for someone who is NOT THAT new to programing but is still learning (and has ALOT to learn still) and more importantly still learning the UE4 workflow?

I have seen that their forum thread is still active but it might be a pain to look for answers in pages upon pages of conversations. Im working on a survival game and im thinking that maybe Able could handle all my weapon firing, weapon reloading, etc.

Comment

So, am I the only one with the issue that trying to get to the link in here (https://SuperSeriousStudio@dev.azure...t/AGRTutorials) all I see is a blank page?
                It's working now lol.
                Anyway, thank you very much for making all this AngelV
                "sic parvis magna"
                @Meguido

Comment

Yngmab Hi! Great point. I'm actually working now on a paid project where we all use this plugin. The documentation is outdated but the plugin itself is well maintained and updated. Very easy to jump-start. I will make some videos on how to set up a different type of abilities using a different type of ability diagram elements soon.
                  Personally I am using ABLE for weapon reloads equip, pickup, swap, inventory management etc. However, shooting projectile-based weapons I'm doing with "easy ballistics" for years now - never regretted it. Great purchase. Still, you can use ABLe to spawn projectiles as well so if you prefer to code ammo count, damage, etc logic yourself ABLE can handle shooting on multiplayer easy.

Meguido Thanks for watching and no problem! Ask for requests if you like As long as it's not something already covered 10000 times or request is basically making an entire game (I get those a lot )

Comment

[USER="20470"] Thanks for watching and no problem! Ask for requests if you like As long as it's not something already covered 10000 times or request is basically making an entire game (I get those a lot )
                    can you do please a tutorial on how to make a metal gear solid 4 game like including cutscenes ?

Comment

Yngmab Hi! Great point. I'm actually working now on a paid project where we all use this plugin. The documentation is outdated but the plugin itself is well maintained and updated. Very easy to jump-start. I will make some videos on how to set up a different type of abilities using a different type of ability diagram elements soon.
                      Personally I am using ABLE for weapon reloads equip, pickup, swap, inventory management etc. However, shooting projectile-based weapons I'm doing with "easy ballistics" for years now - never regretted it. Great purchase. Still, you can use ABLe to spawn projectiles as well so if you prefer to code ammo count, damage, etc logic yourself ABLE can handle shooting on multiplayer easy.

Meguido Thanks for watching and no problem! Ask for requests if you like As long as it's not something already covered 10000 times or request is basically making an entire game (I get those a lot )
                      Hey great tutorials thanks for these! I was wondering for a long time now if it's possible to edit the paragon characters in blender? I think we now have some plugins that might make this easier as well.

What would the process be to swap heads or change the body and clothes for something different?

Comment

Thanks Angel! Well, if you make tutorials on how to set up stuff in ABLE it might be of interest to a lot of people, specially the stuff you are working on. I will take a look at easy ballistics.

Also, you said you use it for inventory management, you mean a whole inventory system using able or you implemented able into another inventory system? i recently purchased Advanced Jigsaw Inventory and im in love with it.

Hope you are doing great, have an excelent weekend

Comment

issam1975 Its best to use sequencer for that. I'm not an expert in this field.
                          I don't recall MGS4 to had quick time events but just pre-scripted scenes, right?
                          Magneto I haven't edited a single character in blender in my life. I know you can. I know there are tools for quick linking and updating the character live without the need of importing and exporting over and over again of the FBX. I will be doing a character customization soon based on DAZ studio characters for a game I'm working on right now. We will use as a base: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...-customization - I reviewed the code and it is clean as crisp and easy to modify.
                          Yngmab I will start the ABLE tutorial series next Monday (24.08) with one episode every day / two days.
                          I meant able being used for:
                          1. line trace from the camera to check the pickup item.
                          2. adding items to inventory.
                          3. dropping items from inventory.
                          4. using inventory items in abilities (consuming grenades from inventory for example)
                          the inventory itself is a component. I see no reason why able would not communicate with this jigsaw inventory. Checked it out - seems like a lot of hard work that is easy to modify nice indeed! Added to my wishlist

I'm on a week vacation break

Comment

issam1975 Its best to use sequencer for that. I'm not an expert in this field.
                            I don't recall MGS4 to had quick time events but just pre-scripted scenes, right?

it was a joke , now i really think that you need to take a rest buddy

glad you are on vacation

Comment

AAAND I'M BACK!
                              With a new component! this time to auto-manage and add footsteps with sounds and particles. For both bi, quad, and multi-legged creatures!

Spoiler

Video:

A lot more info in the description.
                              Already uploaded to the public repository!

Comment

AAAND I'M BACK!
                                With a new component! this time to auto-manage and add footsteps with sounds and particles. For both bi, quad, and multi-legged creatures!

Spoiler

Video:

A lot more info in the description.
                                Already uploaded to the public repository!
                                I want to thank you for your tutorials, and your components. Your video on the character movement component is a must read for all newbee's !!
                                Great work and I hope you keep it going.

Comment

Working...
                                X