Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blender add-on for better workflow with Unreal Engine 4 - Blender Unreal Engine Workspace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[TOOL] Blender add-on for better workflow with Unreal Engine 4 - Blender Unreal Engine Workspace

Blender Unreal Engine Workspace

Blender 2.8x add-on for export directly to Unreal Engine 4 with all setting in Blender (inspired by send to unreal add-on).

this add-on I make because I don't want to open file explorer and drag and drop to Unreal Engine, so I make this add-on with full control import setting on Blender.

and yeah, I don't really have any future plan. so if you have any suggest just post reply in this post

Main Feature

Static Mesh

Export for Static Mesh.

• Export to FBX and Unreal Engine
    • Custom collision from vertices
    • Custom collision from mesh - v1.2
    • Custom lightmaps
    • Export profile - v.1.2

Character

Export for Character (Skeletal Mesh).

• Export to FBX and Unreal Engine
    • Modular character
    • Skeleton preset (Epic skeleton)
    • Add twist bone for skeleton preset - v1.2
    • Generate rig for skeleton preset - v1.2
    • Export profile - v.1.2

Animation

Export for Animation.

• Export to FBX and Unreal Engine - v1.2
    • Export profile - v.1.2

Feature and Tutorial in wiki page or youtube playlist

How it works

Unreal Engine 4 allow to remote execute python script, with that we can execute python script import assets (FBX File) to Unreal Engine 4.

Download

You can download frommaster branch is unstable and bug fix version

Installation

You can watch this video

or simply follow this instruction below.

Blender

Edit > Preferences > Add-ons > Install > Select UE4Workspace.zip > Install Add-ons

Unreal Engine 4

Edit > Plugins > Type "Script" On Search Bar > Enabled Python Editor Script Plugin and Editor Scripting Utilities > Reset Project

Edit > Project Setting > Plugin | Python > Check Enable Remote Execution?

Then you can try to connect your project from blender

Usage

Press N on Blender for open the tab menu.

tested with blender version
    • 2.83 (make sure export folder path is absolute)
    • 2.90 Alpha (make sure export folder path is absolute)

i am trying to use your tools, but whenever i try to click on "Update List Skeleton" i got this error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Users\hng8\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\UE4Workspace\UE4WS_Character.py", line 371, in execute
    skeletonList += json.loads(output["output"][0]["output"])
    IndexError: list index out of range

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsen View Post
      i am trying to use your tools, but whenever i try to click on "Update List Skeleton" i got this error message:

File "C:\Users\hng8\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\UE4Workspace\UE4WS_Character.py", line 371, in execute
      skeletonList += json.loads(output["output"][0]["output"])

Thanks for report

Can You open your Unreal Engine project > File > Recent Python Script > Select "GetAllSkeleton.py" > Check Your console, You should be get all Your skeleton in array string

tell me what you get ??

Comment

in Unreal Engine > Recent Python Script is empty, seems like GetAllSkeleton.py doesn't able to execute remotely in UE4.

if i open my output log in UE4, this is what i see when i click on Update List Skeleton
        LogPython: Error: SyntaxError: invalid syntax (<string>, line 1)
        Last edited by Hornsen; 06-24-2020, 08:12 PM.

Comment

can you edit UE4WS_Character.py
          search for
          Code:
          output = self.remote.run_command(os.path.join(os.path.dirname(os.path.realpath(__file__)), "PyScript", "GetAllSkeleton.py"), exec_mode="ExecuteFile")
          and add
          Code:
          output = self.remote.run_command(os.path.join(os.path.dirname(os.path.realpath(__file__)), "PyScript", "GetAllSkeleton.py"), exec_mode="ExecuteFile")
          print(output)
          to know output from Unreal Engine.

open Blender > Connect to Unreal Engine > Update List Skeleton > Window > Toggle System Console > See what the output ??

Comment

looks like the output is empty:

self.remote.close_command_connection()

Comment

I'm kinda confused right now, can you make some video how your workflow.
              It's hard to debug when I can't see someone workflow.

Comment

Hi Anas,
                i manage to solve the problem, all my blender addons were installed into:
                C:\Users\hng8\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\UE4Workspace
                i think there was a space in the middle causing the python script to behave incorrectly.

now i change my addon into a new folders without space like this:
                C:\Users\hng8\Documents\Blender\Addon\addons\UE4Workspace
                and the script is working correctly now.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsen View Post
                  Hi Anas,
                  i manage to solve the problem, all my blender addons were installed into:
                  C:\Users\hng8\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\UE4Workspace
                  i think there was a space in the middle causing the python script to behave incorrectly.

now i change my addon into a new folders without space like this:
                  C:\Users\hng8\Documents\Blender\Addon\addons\UE4Workspace
                  and the script is working correctly now.

Ah.. folder issue, thanks for report this issue
                  I will figure out for this issue ASAP, I'm not having this issue because I'm using Portable Blender and all add-on install is not going to %APPDATA% on windows

Comment

Bug Fix : v1.2.2 was available on Gumroad and Github
                    • Fix Python PATH Script Issue

Comment

i have blender connected to Unreal. the project name shows up in blender. but when i hit export. nothing shows up in Unreal. i have a blank project in unreal and there is nothing there. i'm using Version 4.25

Comment

here's an error message i'm getting when i hit Export https://i.imgur.com/S9t3FCD.png

Comment

Originally posted by SithLordSparky View Post
                          here's an error message i'm getting when i hit Export https://i.imgur.com/S9t3FCD.png
                          thanks for bug report, try to change multicast group endpoint port

Unreal Engine 4

Edit > Project Setting > Plugin | Python > Expand the remote execution and change the port of multicast group endpoint

Blender

Edit > Preferences > Add-ons > Search UE4Workspace > Expand add-on option, and change the port of multicast group endpoint

and do some test export to unreal engine, like export some cube from blender to unreal engine, hope that help you

Comment

Working...
                          X