X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started a topic GTA Style Vehicle Interaction - Project File Included

GTA Style Vehicle Interaction - Project File Included

Hello there,

Here you'll find a sample project that lets you drive any number of vehicles that exist in a level, as long as they are based on the same vehicle BP. It is setup in Player Controller BP and making it work with several different vehicle BP's is up to you. And dont forget to add a box(or sphere, doesnt matter) component to your vehicle BP for overlap events as you'll see in Sedan BP's in the project.

-----------------------------------------

UPDATE: Thanks to Omar007 the project is now MP ready and it is easier to implement for just single player too. You can download the project from one of the links below.

Download 1

Download 2

4.8.1 Update

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Jacky; 07-29-2015, 08:33 PM. Reason: Updated new project links

• replied
    Now all this community needs is a true GTA5 style Vehicle Ai For UE4 just like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfMPyTCqnhg&t=50s

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Jacky View Post
    Hello there,

Here you'll find a sample project that lets you drive any number of vehicles that exist in a level, as long as they are based on the same vehicle BP. It is setup in Player Controller BP and making it work with several different vehicle BP's is up to you. And dont forget to add a box(or sphere, doesnt matter) component to your vehicle BP for overlap events as you'll see in Sedan BP's in the project.

UPDATE: Thanks to Omar007 the project is now MP ready and it is easier to implement for just single player too. You can download the project from one of the links below.

Download 1

Download 2

4.8.1 Update

Enjoy!
    Thanks for sharing

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is this a multiplayer tutorial?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    More detailed car meshes are needed before i download this

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Jacky View Post
    Hello there,

Download 1

Download 2

4.8.1 Update

Enjoy!
    AMAZING! Thanki <3

Originally posted by Tim Hobson View Post
    Making and breaking games is fun and hard and I certainly enjoy both. While I do enjoy breaking them they are never perfect on the first release. Great work on the tutorial. It really is a great starting point for anyone looking to do vehicle games with their characters!

Thank you for taking the time and giving back to the community. It is always appreciated!

Tim
    Same LOL <3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks to Jacky and all who worked on this. Really nice !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Getting this error in the log
    "Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Accessed None trying to read property Sedan from function: 'ExecuteUbergraph_GTA_Character' from node: Branch in graph: EventGraph in object: GTA_Character with description: Accessed None trying to read property Sedan"

Not having much luck with anymore this using my vehicle BP

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by The_Mec_666 View Post
    is there any updates for 4.12 for this?
    The project is compatible with 4.12.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    is there any updates for 4.12 for this?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Lemur8063 View Post
    Hi guys , I put some blueprints on stage , getting the vehicle speed , is recorded in the variable is not the car I want. How to get the speed of a particular vehicle ?
    A for each loop and have each car have some sort of identifying factor like an int number or a structure or enum.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi guys , I put some blueprints on stage , getting the vehicle speed , is recorded in the variable is not the car I want. How to get the speed of a particular vehicle ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Alright, here's the updated project: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0L...ew?usp=sharing

It works on 4.8.1 and 4.9 Preview 1. You'll still see the Branch error when you try to possess a vehicle that is already possessed but it doesnt seem to break anything so i wont bother with it for now. Btw, now the vehicle stops when you leave it( i dont remember if we had achieved that back in the days but here it is. ;P)

I should also point out Zak's post here: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...#answer-172496
    The fact that you immediately destroy the character while there is a pending RPC or replication is also not good. If you really need to destroy the character, insert a delay. Typically in this scenario we suggest hiding the actor, disabling collision, and disabling ticking. Then when you exit the vehicle, place the actor where you need it, and re-enable all those things.
    I was lazy so the pawn still gets destroyed in the updated project, but you should be able to make it work like Zak's suggestion without too much work.
    Last edited by Jacky; 07-29-2015, 08:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Not working in 4.8 multiplayer, cant drive once entering on client also camera goes into the floor, getting the following errors, Any chance you can update it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	XCVnhOO.png
Views:	1
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	1082823

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello everyone! Please explain How to implement the ability to input the second character in the car? The first player is driving, and the second player rotates his camera.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X