[FREE PROJECT] Lightshow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey,
    I downloaded your Light Show for UE4, First of all I want to thank you for sharing and I have to write that I really like your light setup with Niagara,It works better, It looks elegant done and doing really nice effects. My question is, can we use your light setup in our commercial project ?. Thanks

Comment

TRBT You can freely use the project and its contents in your commercial and non-commercial projects. Just please share whatever you do with us. I enjoy seeing what others do with projects i share.
      FREE Lightshow
      FREE VR Drum Kit Project

FREE Color LUT Collection
      FREE Physics Driven Spacecraft Project
      FREE GTA Style Vehicle Interaction
      Dynamic DoF(Depth of Field)
      Camera Crossfade

Comment

Hi! First of all Thanks Jacky, great project! I wonder if there is any workflow to manage the migration of your project to another one. After migrating your's project to one I'm working on I get working light but there is no beam between the headlight and the spot. Any thoughts on that? I'm using the 4.25 engine and also have the same result using your level map after migration.

Comment

furek looks like some modules have been deprecated in 4.25. If you open the original project in 4.25 everything works regardless of warnings in the emitters but somehow wont work if you migrate to a new 4.25 project. You can open the system but if you want to open N_BeamCone emitter the editor crashes. :\

The easiest solution right now is create a new emitter, open the system and create the same emitter by looking at the ones inside the system, then replace the emitters inside the system with the new one. Inside the system Beam Width > Beam Twist Amount parameter is the only thing that is different for each of the emitters, so it should be easy once you recreate the emitter.
          FREE Lightshow
          FREE VR Drum Kit Project

Camera Crossfade

Comment

Thank You! Exactly as intuition drives me.

Comment

Hi, awesome lights! I am trying to use them for my project, but I can't figure out how to see them inside the sequencer?

I pressed E in the level blueprint and selected autoplay in light show sequence details. But still no view outside of simulating.

Last edited by Ashley Pink Art; 08-09-2020, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Hi Jacky thanks for your kindness sharing the project, I 'm having the same problem as Ashley Pink Art mentioned, could you show us how to make the light work in the sequencer
                (I can see the lights object are moving but no color beams)

Comment

How to make this effect

Comment

Ashley Pink Art miomio69 sorry about the late response. Unfortunately i havent implemented any live update for sequencer. It may be doable with sequencer alone but i'm not very experienced with it, and it should be possible with a custom in editor tool for which i havent had the time. If you want to give it a shot there is a really helpful stream about it here:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/6555173...ives&sort=time

@舞台人生 I cant explain how to make it step by step but you can start by experimenting with using a beam emitter for each ray of light and then setting their target locations accordingly. I'll add this to my todo list though to add to the main project.
                    FREE Lightshow
                    FREE VR Drum Kit Project

Camera Crossfade

Comment

Hey. I'm sorry to trouble you!
                      I'm your fan. After looking at your work, I began to study UE4. I am learning DMX plugin UE4. I took a look at your super cool project and I can't understand a lot of things .... But these are my problems))) Please tell me how I can put a gobo or a prism on your Beam. Where to drip?
                      And if I put a standard Blueprint MovingHead Fixtures on your Beam, will I be able to control ArnNet or sACN protocols with it?
                      Last edited by Rubin161; 08-20-2020, 05:12 AM.

Comment

How do I change the colors of the light along with the intensity?

Comment

Jacky
                          Sorry, please .. I took your project and tried to transfer MovingHead to my project. I want to figure it out and can borrow something from your wonderful project. But there is a problem ... Beam disappeared somewhere. I checked all the settings in parallel with your project ... What did I do wrong?Click image for larger version  Name:	Beam_Off.png Views:	0 Size:	499.8 KB ID:	1803345

Comment

Originally posted by Rubin161 View Post
                            Jacky
                            Sorry, please .. I took your project and tried to transfer MovingHead to my project. I want to figure it out and can borrow something from your wonderful project. But there is a problem ... Beam disappeared somewhere. I checked all the settings in parallel with your project ... What did I do wrong?
                            Hi Rubin, I'm not sure if this applies to your issue, but do you have Exponential Height Fog with Volumetric Fog enabled within?

Comment

Originally posted by zuben View Post

Hi Rubin, I'm not sure if this applies to your issue, but do you have Exponential Height Fog with Volumetric Fog enabled within?

Hi Zuben. Exponential Height Fog with Volumetric Fog enabled. I set all settings as in the Author's project ... DMX Fixtures give BEAM glow. But thanks for the advice !!!

Comment

Jacky Thanks for getting back to me. Ok, that's good to know. I am slightly confused now though, when you animated them, how did you get the timing right without being able to see what you were doing? I have tried simulating at the same time as the sequencer runs and keying with the music but it's not ideal. WIP

Click image for larger version

Name:	HighresScreenshot00008.png
Views:	128
Size:	591.8 KB
ID:	1803513

Comment

Working...
                                X