Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by gregdumb View Post
    5. In BP_Skydome_DayNight's properties, under the "Sun" category, set "Directional Light Actor" to be the directional light in your level. (Just click on the property, a menu should pop up. Select the thing called "Directional" something.)
    Hi! For me there is no such property in the Sun menu, same for the moon, I have no place where to select the light.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Greg are you still alive with this?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Dude, That's amazing! One question. Can i use this in my project with Comercial purposes for Free? Or is just for study purposes?

I was thinking in use this system on my own project instead of build one from scratch... and just adapt a few things if it's necessary. Can i do that? Or should i buy this system in marketplace or some store?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can i use this system in Comercial projects?

Hey dude, That's Amazing! One Question. Can i use this system in Comercial projects? Or is just for learning? I was thinking in re-use the code and just change a few things for my project. Is it free for that kind of thing?

Originally posted by gregdumb View Post
    UPDATE: The pre-made blueprint is available for download! Get it here: http://gregoryjb.blogspot.com/2015/0...f-day-v14.html

- Extract archive;
    - Copy the "Content" folder into your project folder (it should merge with the content folder already there);
    - When it asks if you want to merge folders, say yes;
    - Launch UnrealEd, and load the project you copied that folder to;
    - Go to 'File > Open Level' and choose "TimeOfDayTemplate.umap" (it should be located under \YourProject\Content\Maps);
    - Hit simulate, and watch the sun move!

Experiment with the properties in the blueprint. I've written comments for all of them (I think), so it shouldn't be too hard to figure it out. Quick tip: If you want to change the speed of time, "Time Speed" is what you're looking for.

For more details about this blueprint, go here: http://gregoryjb.blogspot.com/2014/0...int-guide.html

If it isn't working, please make sure that you followed all of the steps above correctly. They are all necessary!

Finally, please give feedback! Was it useful? Not useful? Too complicated? Broken? Let me know below!

[EDIT Updated to v1.2]

Original Post:

Hey all,

I've created a quick tutorial on how to set up a dynamic day-night cycle on the wiki:
    https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Tutorial:_Time_of_Day

I noticed that there wasn't much info on this, so after figuring it out I decided to share it with you all.

Hope this helps some people! And feedback is welcome

EDIT: Updated the tutorial to include a section on environment customization events. Now you can change things based on the level being day or night!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great job ... a query is there any way you can control the rotation of the day and night using the button bluprint using (slider) ....

Please some idea to achieve it?Click image for larger version

Name:	pregunta wey.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	384.5 KB
ID:	1125795
    Last edited by sssteve; 03-30-2017, 05:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The sky project is very nice and thanks for sharing i. Can you make alien worlds as well with this procedural weather now that you got the sun all moving? I can get it working for Unreal Version 4.8 but I can't get it working for Version 4.12 and because I have version 4.8 and also Ver 4.12 I can't migrate your project successfully up to 4.12 because I don't know what engine version you used to create this project in. Unless you have a version of your project that's compatible for 4.12...

Because as long as Unreal on keeps upgrading and changing things in the engine all the time, and we don't keep on upgrading to the latest to keep up with all the changes they are making to the engine then we probably won't beable to migrate our older projects without causing migration issues, because I can't even migrate unreal assets files from 4.8 to 4.12. The uassset filenames and animations files made with 4.8 or 4.9 are incompatiable so they don't even show up in the content browser of the 4.12 engine.
    Last edited by tozan; 08-19-2016, 01:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sorry, new download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B08...ew?usp=sharing

Leave a comment:

• replied
    download is broken I thinks this is a necro post. this is way way old

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How are you supposed to download this blueprint?

When I click to download, an upload screen pops up
    from Filedropper asking me to upload files.
    Last edited by tozan; 07-22-2016, 06:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thank you for the tutorial

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Greg,

I set up your day night cycle seeing as it was better than my own which used timelines to change the time. And I ran into a snag that I cannot seem to debug. The clouds and sun move perfectly fine, however the actual lighting cast upon the scene is the reverse of what time of day it is. For example the sun will /rise/ visually and everything will be getting darker from here the sun will fully rise and be high in the sky visually and the actual light available in the scene will be completely dark! Any fix or ideas?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Works perfectly in UE4.9 thanks a lot for this!

Edit: One small thing I noticed, started off using the default 3rd person template and copied the floor and just moved it up as a roof. With the time set at 12 so the sun is straight above me the South side of the building has light leaking in the top corner all the way across.

Screenshot to show what I am talking about: http://i.imgur.com/N0Bzikf.png

As I walk toward that wall the light will eventually disappear but when I back up away from the wall the light comes back.
    Last edited by Echosyp; 11-02-2015, 08:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The tutorial on the wiki works perfectly. Thanks.

However I tried running 1.4 in UE 4.9 and when I load up the included level, I get an error since I need to replace an reference variable called "Unknown" in the level blueprint. What exactly am I supposed to put there?

Screenshot

There are also two directional lights called "To delete" and "To delete as well", am I supposed to delete them? Are there some other steps required to get this to run?
    Last edited by Gmi; 10-31-2015, 10:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Found it already, just change rotatevectoraroundaxis from x=1 to x=-1 and the direction offset from 180 to 0 in set sunpitch. That way the sun is in the south and rises and sets from east to west.
    Now I need to find a way to turn the moon off/on. And prevent the unlit mode during nights. Any thoughts on this anyone? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is awesome work! Been trying to make one for 4 weeks now, but this has everything one could ever possibly need!
    Only thing I'm wondering about is that the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. Thought it was the other way around. At least where I live haha.
    Is there an easy way to change/fix this? Thanks for the help in advance

Leave a comment:

Working...
X