Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can an UE project be shared on a network drive (and be refreshed to see updates)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can an UE project be shared on a network drive (and be refreshed to see updates)?

Hi all, I know this is a bit of a strange question, but here goes:

I'm glad we have good resources on how to use Perforce/GitHub to collaborate on a project with other users. Given that, I was wondering if there is a way to (allow multiple users to) access a UE project over on a shared network drive letter (and see items refresh, etc)?

I appreciate the role Perforce/
    GitHub
    play in policing changes, but I have a project that could benefit from a small amount of this functionality on a network drive level.

Thanks in advance for pointing me to any resources I may have missed on this topic,

-Eric

Mostly likely you won't be able too. Because of reading and writing issues. You. Ever try opening two projects on the same computer? Most times you won't be able to save because one is reading.
    Checkout Project "TwinBlaster" my current game in progress.
    [FREE] - 2D ROPE! Find out more here!
    Forgive my username... It's an old game name and wrote it down as a habit.

Comment

Yes, I was assuming there would some issues doing that unless there was a specific tool in unreal for dealing with it (but figured I'd ask in case there was).
      Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on this matter.

-Eric

Comment

Working...
      X