[Plugins] [Assets] [Community Project] [FREE] The Enviroment Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Plugins] [Assets] [Community Project] [FREE] The Enviroment Project

PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR HELP ON THIS THREAD. Go to the discord. Read the #FAQ first.
    I'm trying to keep this thread clean, all common issues are in the #FAQ, and as new issues arise, they get added to the #FAQ

Discord: https://discord.gg/n5PCsSU

The Ocean Project will soon evolve into the Environment Project. I will make an announcement when this is to be.

Welcome to the community created Ocean Project! (Environment Project)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download:
    Github: https://github.com/UE4-OceanProject/OceanProject (This link will change eventually)

Original thread:
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...n-water-shader will provide an insight to the history of this project. It will also provide tons of information.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

List of Contributors

- Handkor - Initial Shader + Code for Buoyancy
    - Nadrugal - Additions to the SkyDome
    - Komodoman - Fish flocking AI and a variety of fish
    - EvoPulseGaming - IWYU compliance.
    - Zoc - Project Maintainer
    - NilsonLima - Tons of turorials and advice on how to solve various issues.
    - TK_Master -
    and more to be added shortly, currently rewriting this post.

All we ask is if you make improvements, that you submit a pull request, to further improve the project. To many people took this project, made amazing improvements and then disappeared...

DotCam :

This system uses techniques from many tutorials, however it would not have been possible without the help of the following users (Especially Handkor, he deserves a lot of credit for this!):
    Handkor, JBaldwin, berna , ufna, Ehamloptiran, KhenaB, gregdumb and many others. Click on their names to see the corresponding threads!

For those wanting more info on how the waves are created mathematically, THIS ARTICLE goes over everything. Specifically have a look at the section on "Gerstner Waves" for the actual equations that produce the waves.

Always credit DotCam as the God Father of this project
    Last edited by EvoPulseGaming; 03-27-2020, 12:57 PM.
    Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap
    Plugins:
    ComputeShader CPU->GPU->CPU || Universal TimePlugin || Universal SkyPlugin
    Other tools/functions:
    Universal GetNetwork/LocalRole

I am really looking forward to what comes out of this

Comment

Thanks to everybody for their ongoing work to keep this project alive!

Comment

Hello, I found this project only a short time ago.
        I would be happy if anyone could use this project!
        greetings and a wow to all involved!

Comment

great news <3

Comment

How might we implement some niagara effects to the wave crests ?

Would it not be pretty simple to use the heights of the waves, like trigger boxes or material dissolves, maybe triggering a niagara mesh curl noise effect to the displaced mesh as it enters ?

Ive got this project loaded in 4.22, cant build from source yet, but having fun playing with it, trying to comprehend it.
            Last edited by yung23athome; 11-30-2019, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Great stuff here

Comment

How are you guys able to fake the translucency effect notably around the shores and near objects without the actual mesh itself being of translucent shading?

I downloaded the file but didn't get the chance yet to dig deep. It will be great if someone can jump in to explain what is going on with the shading itself and if the water itself is indeed opaque to avoid self sorting issues found with translucent material.

Thanks

Comment

Hello. How to make the joints on the water together with the water. Or they just lie on the water without moving. Thanks for the advice))

Comment

Hi all,

I've been using the plugin for a while - it's amazing! However I've come across a problem and I can't for the life of me figure it out - it's probably something simple.

The split screen/underwater effect only works in the editor mode. Once I'm in game it no longer does the underwater distortion. I was wondering if anyone knows what causes it? I'm baffled as I can't think of anything that's particularly different between the editor and game that should affect it!

Cheers.

Comment

Thanks for the set of mechanics, assets and work done. Please tell me how difficult it will be to adapt this system for an open-world multiplayer game? As an example, Sea of ‚Äč‚ÄčThieves. Is it difficult to make submarines with this system, where you can move a character (displace water effects and phisics from a submarine)?
                      Last edited by Jack_Rest; 01-18-2020, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Wow, okay, I didn't know the redirect to this thread was active xD.

I don't get on here very much, but I am always available on discord. See OP for link.

Most of the growing pains in learning to use this project have been addressed in the #FAQ channel of the discord.

And as far as the future of this project, I'm not a math genius nor a graphics wizard. So anything strictly rendering related will need help from someone who knows what they are doing. AKA, the ocean itself will have little change by me
                        Last edited by EvoPulseGaming; 01-18-2020, 04:14 PM.
                        Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap
                        Plugins:
                        ComputeShader CPU->GPU->CPU || Universal TimePlugin || Universal SkyPlugin
                        Other tools/functions:
                        Universal GetNetwork/LocalRole

Comment

Originally posted by EvoPulseGaming View Post
                          Wow, okay, I didn't know the redirect to this thread was active xD.

I don't get on here very much, but I am always available on discord. See OP for link.

Most of the growing pains in learning to use this project have been addressed in the #FAQ channel of the discord.

And as far as the future of this project, I'm not a math genius nor a graphics wizard. So anything strictly rendering related will need help from someone who knows what they are doing. AKA, the ocean itself will have little change by me
                          I've not really gotten in to discord and it seems to be the key place to find fixes these days - I guess I'll need to learn!

I've tried using the system on 4.24 and all the water materials are off in the world - but look fine when checked in the editor. I've done as suggested on discord but it appears the materials are upside down? I put the Z scale to -1 and now they're the right way around (with the dark surface under the water and the reflective waves on top). Still can't get the split screen distortion effect working though in game, only in the editor
                          Last edited by Boruki; 02-04-2020, 05:08 AM.

Comment

Is your discord link still active? Not working for me unfortunately.

Comment

M.O.A.dev on dischord , add a server, select join a server and paste in ewadNBG

Comment

Working...
                              X