How do I shut off these popups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I shut off these popups?

This has been bugging me for a while, but how do I remove this popup? Is there a short cut to turn it on and off?

Thanks!

I'm confused about WHY you would ever need to turn those off. That is literally the asset details popup and it contains a lot of very useful information.

Comment

It's got a CVar

Code:
      Slate.EnableTooltips 0
      Source: https://youtu.be/0UzjuIn9r9I?t=2093

Comment

Originally posted by TerrorMedia View Post
        I'm confused about WHY you would ever need to turn those off. That is literally the asset details popup and it contains a lot of very useful information.
        Because sometimes they cover a large part of the screen. I was hoping there would be a keyboard shortcut to turning them off quickly

Comment

Originally posted by ConverseFox View Post
          It's got a CVar

Code:
          Slate.EnableTooltips 0
          Source: https://youtu.be/0UzjuIn9r9I?t=2093
          THAT IS EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thanks! Do you also know if it is possible to make that a button or keyboard shortcut?

Comment

Looks like I don't have it? Using UE 4.23

Click image for larger version  Name:	notThere.png Views:	0 Size:	89.5 KB ID:	1694861

Comment

I found the solution that is the best of both worlds. Use Slate.ToolTipDelay 2 It sets a 2 second delay before the popup comes up so just moving the cursor over the assets doesn't block them instantly! Thanks for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by TerrorMedia View Post
                I'm confused about WHY you would ever need to question what someone says they need or prefer. Nearly every 'online question' I have every listed, always one person like you had to ask why, (and whether) I needed the thing I say I need... It is maddening!

Unless you found the fountain of youth and time has no meaning, the rest of us are trying to get something done. If you don't want to HELP or ANSWER don't. BUT WHY WASTE THE PERSONS TIME essentially trying to (what?) Shame them into not asking for help again? Convince them your way is best? Get them to admit they secretly like annoying pops ups?

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY BE YOUR MOTIVATION FOR BUGGING THIS PERSON WITH THAT INANE QUESTION THAT DOEN'T HELP THEM IN THE SLIGHTEST BUT DOES TAKE A BIT OF THEIR TIME...?

I have to say, Friend...: a person REALLY USING THIS TOOL. (or a person capable of REALLY using any tool), would never ever ask why a thing popping up you didn't ask for is annoying. (Or anything moving on screen you didn't ask for: even a pixel)

The smarter the person, the more things they are used to concentrating on AT ONCE and the less they appreciate anything extraneous or extemporaneous that distracts from the tracks of thought and internal planning.

I'll tell you why I Don't like them, as a solo developer I am always doing and remembering about 1,000 things in active memory at any given time.

Texture locations, Sub Surface settings, Whether I already ran the new assets through the destructible editor,
                Where did I save the FBX Skeletal source file for the VR Pawn Mannequin replacement out of 3ds Max? Don't forget to re-topologize the new character from millions of faces down to a 100 or so,. uh./. Use Character Studio Mocap file cleanup tool before pulling into Motion Builder it does a better job,. Remember to re-assign a 'Use Percentage Of Rotation' node to my Forearm Twist bone in the ANIM_BP so my VR Arms don't flip out, OOPS<. Get that Manifest file back into the Unreal VaultCache or the Epic Launch tool won't be able to open the Master version of the file,. Oh no! My Plants and Rocks are floating off the Terrain again,. what was that fix, oh yeah, in Console, type "removelandscapexyoffsets" and "grass.flushcache" WHEW Fixed. Moving onward OK.. UGH!! STUPID ANNOYING POPUPS!! I HATE THOSE /// uhh... /// DARN WHAT WAS I JUST THINKING BEFORE BEING DISTRACTED BY AUXILIARY INFO I DIDN'T ASK FOR?

C R A P !!!!

SEE?? NOTHING MOVES ON MY SCREEN UNLESS I TELL IT TO!!!

I have a simple rule:

'Never question questions, or give opinions of opinions:
                Life is too short for Rabbit Holes!'

(ok, I just made that up, but not bad right?)

Don't be a contrarian.... :~)

Me.
                Last edited by NextWorldVR; 10-11-2020, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NextWorldVR View Post
                  WHAT COULD POSSIBLY BE YOUR MOTIVATION FOR BUGGING THIS PERSON WITH THAT INANE QUESTION THAT DOEN'T HELP THEM IN THE SLIGHTEST BUT DOES TAKE A BIT OF THEIR TIME...?
                  The OP was nice enough to answer my simple question. Since I see you can't read. I clearly said I was confused why anyone would ever want to turn it off. This means I thought about the situation and I could not possibly fathom why a user would WANT to disable it. So yes in my curiosity I also asked a question of my own. What seems to be the real issue here? I see no reason me asking why THEY want it off would warrant such a tirade from YOU... Stop picking fights randomly around the forum you certainly aren't helping ANYONE by creating anger in the community have a nice day and chill man

Comment

Working...
                  X