[Free] Climbing Asset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Free] Climbing Asset

This is a little climbing system I made for a game I'm working on. I hope it helps someone out

It has an actor component that can be added to any player character, and some spline meshes that can be climbed (pipe, ladder, ledge, and wire).

This was made in 4.18.3, and should work with any version at or above that (it was tested in 4.22 as well)

Preview Video

Download

Instructions

Thank you to CoquiGames who provided the Action Platformer Template, which gave me some idea of how to implement a climbing system: https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...on-Platformer=

how do you implement the climbing animations?

Comment

razmaz51 I use mixamo.com for my animations. I can't redistribute them, but if you go to that site, you can get those animations.

Comment

Just a heads up. I found out that splines in unreal are automatically set to be "In Editor Only". So if you want to build this to a packaged game, open the Climbable_BP, select the spline, and in the details panel, under "Cooking", uncheck the "Is Editor Only" option. This way, even in a packaged game, commands like "Get location at distance along spline" will still work.

Comment

Ok thanx for the help.

Comment

Working...
          X