Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blender to UE4 - Easily Export/Import Animations and Meshes! - Free Addon - Mr Mannequins Tools v1.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow can't wait for the v1.1

Comment

Blender 2.75 pls

Comment

Also cant wait, this is great stuff!

Comment

MrSikled- - Several people have asked... and im afraid to say that if it was simple to cover backward Blender compatibility i would of already done it. There were a huge amount of API changes in 2.8 and this add-on has nearly 3000 lines of code now, to make this work with anything below 2.8 could require an almost complete re-write of the whole lot! So i have to choose between progressing features or making this work on previous versions.

All i can say for now is that i will look more into previous versions of Blender after update 1.2, so hopefully sometime after December.

Tom Jue elec2ron - I'm doing the final tweaks and testing for v1.1 today and tomorrow! Hoping to upload it at the weekend (i've even managed to squeeze in some scene based scaling compatibility for loading armatures and meshes as well as for exporting .FBX)

here's a W.I.P teaser image of the new pose mode menu/options! (still finalising some of the interface but it's nearly there)

Click image for larger version  Name:	MMT_1.1_PoseMenuPreview.jpg Views:	1 Size:	347.7 KB ID:	1672250

Comment

Jim Kroovy thank you so much for this incredible plugin. I'm still struggling with 2.8 as i switched only hours ago. I guess I could provide you with feedback for running on Linux as soon as i resolve a lockup issue with armature in edit mode - on windows your plugin runs flawlessly!

Comment

fire-h0und Thank you! Please let me know which flavour of Linux if you get it working, i have had some confirmation that it works on, and i quote: "Linux Mint 19.1 Tessa with MATE and blender 2.80 and also 2.81"

Next update will be available soon as well (should only be a few days, found a much better way of implementing IK vs FK switching just before uploading so i need to rewrite some Python)

I'm glad you like it and there is a whole lot of features on the way!

Comment

Jim Kroovy Any more teaser?

Comment

Tom Jue I don't think there is much more to tease as i should be uploading within a day or two! I had to postpone the update by a bit because i found a better method of doing the IK vs FK switch. I've got the changes implemented and i only need to test that the new bits of python work with the export script then i'll be uploading everything

Comment

Hey, Jim. Love the implementation of the addon. Hoping to play around with it a bunch this weekend.

The very latest 2.81 beta of Blender doesn't like the mesh export. When I select the mesh, then the armature, then hit export I get the following error:

Code:
                    Traceback (most recent call last):
                      File "C:\Users\ondda\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.81\scripts\addons\MrMannequinsTools\__init__.py", line 525, in execute
                        MMT_Export_FBX.Export(MMT)
                      File "C:\Users\ondda\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.81\scripts\addons\MrMannequinsTools\MMT_Export_FBX.py", line 206, in Export
                        E_Meshes(bpy.context.selected_objects, MMT)
                      File "C:\Users\ondda\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.81\scripts\addons\MrMannequinsTools\MMT_Export_FBX.py", line 179, in E_Meshes
                        bpy.ops.export_scene.fbx(filepath=path, check_existing=True, filter_glob="*.fbx", ui_tab='MAIN', use_selection=True, use_active_collection=False, global_scale=1.0, apply_unit_scale=True, apply_scale_options='FBX_SCALE_ALL', bake_space_transform=False, object_types={'ARMATURE', 'CAMERA', 'EMPTY', 'LIGHT', 'MESH', 'OTHER'}, use_mesh_modifiers=MMT.E_apply_modifiers, use_mesh_modifiers_render=True, mesh_smooth_type='FACE', use_mesh_edges=False, use_tspace=False, use_custom_props=False, add_leaf_bones=False, primary_bone_axis='Y', secondary_bone_axis='X', use_armature_deform_only=True, armature_nodetype='NULL', bake_anim=False, bake_anim_use_all_bones=False, bake_anim_use_nla_strips=False, bake_anim_use_all_actions=False, bake_anim_force_startend_keying=False, bake_anim_step=1.0, bake_anim_simplify_factor=1.0, path_mode='AUTO', embed_textures=False, batch_mode='OFF', use_batch_own_dir=True, use_metadata=True, axis_forward='-Z', axis_up='Y')
                      File "C:\Blender\blender-2.81-95f020c853d6-windows64\2.81\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py", line 201, in __call__
                        ret = op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)
                    TypeError: Converting py args to operator properties: : keyword "ui_tab" unrecognized

Might help or not. Thought I'll share. Thanks for sharing your hard work.

Comment

Maybe Great I hope you have fun with it!

I cant really cover 2.81 issues until it's out of beta but i'll try and test it out tonight, honestly that error looks like a slight API change but it's not in the documented changes atm so i might have to wait and see! Thanks for the heads up it's really appreciated. Hopefully i can just chop out the "ui_tab" setting altogether in the add-ons upcoming update as it's optional.

current 2.80 FBX export API = https://docs.blender.org/api/current...port_scene.fbx

current 2.81 changes = https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/Refere...ase_Notes/2.81 (i checked through both the Python API and Add On changes earlier)

It seems Blender devs have been messing around with the FBX export and import scripts (this is a good thing it's been stuck for a long time) so i could be in for a whole heap of hassle re-writing some of my code but so far in the changes it doesn't look too bad to deal with, so probably just a little hotfix update once 2.81 is official

EDIT: I can chop out the "ui_tab" setting and meshes export fine in 2.80 so i'll put the change in the next update.
                      Last edited by Jim Kroovy; 10-18-2019, 03:44 PM.

Comment

This is great Jim! Thank you.

I'm not clear on how to load a different mesh. Is this the "stash"? Would you mind explaining the workflow and steps required to load a different mesh on top of your rig?

Comment

edcolmar Thank you too and you're welcome

So the stashing system is more a way to save and reload the characters you've built in Blender for the mannequin, as well as a means for me to give the user the choice of LODs or any other default meshes and armatures i provide. It's kind of a work in progress still as i'm focusing on the Python for importing animations and meshes and pose controls such as IK vs FK switching.

At the moment the steps of loading a different mesh depend on where the mesh is coming from... but i will be working on a UE4 to Blender character mesh import script in the near future.

To use the mannequin itself as an example right now...

1. Export the mannequin from UE4.
                          2. Import it into Blender.
                          3. Set and/or apply the scales of everything that got imported.
                          4. Get rid of the armature and empty that got imported.
                          5. Set the meshes armature modifier to target my mannequin rig.

That's pretty much how it goes, and should work just like that for most meshes that are already rigged to the mannequin and use it's vertex groups/weighting.

Step 3 is the bit that could go wrong, and might be different if it's not coming from UE4. If it is from UE4 apply the scale from the top of the hierarchy down. So apply the empties scale, apply the armatures scale then the meshes.

Comment

When you add pose to pose library, clicking on the "browse action to be linked", there is 4 options includes 3 F-root, and UE4MannequinSkeleton Action. Which one do you choose? There are also a little warning that say library might be corrupted and you need to run sanitize operator on it.

Comment

Tom Jue i'll be checking this out, it might be some left over testing data that i didn't get rid of.

I did notice the other day that there was a stray action left in my development .blend named F-root|Mannequin|action or something weird although i've now got rid of it and i cant reproduce this error in the most recent update.

I think this could also happen if the user has been importing and removing the mannequins animations.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Kroovy View Post
                                I think this could also happen if the user has been importing and removing the mannequins animations.
                                I can confirm this part. Just got a F-root by import an animation. Still don't know how I got UE4MannequinSkeleton action though

Comment

Working...
                                X