Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What content would you like to see on the learning portal?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr_Neverm0re View Post
    Hi There,

I suggest that to put a resource link for online courses. I was trying to follow this course but I couldn't find where to download the resources used in the tutorial. Anyone know where I can download?

Course link is here:https://learn.unrealengine.com/cours...BdP&LPId=94213

Thanks
    What the course title? Direct links don't work as intended yet.
    Chris Murray
    Senior Manager Online Learning, Unreal Engine
    Twitter: @chrismmurray
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/chrismmurray/

Comment

Sorry about the broken link. I found that there is a market place redeem code if the course has downloadable content, which is very cool. But I also find that plenty of courses don't have a code. However majority of those courses without content are basic course, I guess that's fine but some big courses don't have neither(e.g.Understanding The Essential Concepts of Lighting for Architectural Projects)

Also course like "VFX and Particle Systems with Unreal Engine", which I am interested in the most, is a video record in classroom from Unreal Academy 2018 I guess. I really would like to have access to instructor's material(blue exhaust effect) and redo it by my self.

Comment

How about a course on how to troubleshoot crashing issues? It could involve:

- where to access and how to use the crash log
        - what to look for in terms of errors / failures that result in a crash
        - how to accurately and properly report bugs / crashes beyond the initial crash popup (send and close, etc)
        - known issues with certain in-engine settings and particular brands / specs of graphics cards and computers/laptops/machines

Comment

^^ THIS ^^

Especially for simple crashes that are solely working off a fresh engine install and the standard built-in project templates! Overall, having to download symbols and install Visual Studio is just not practical for anyone with bad or unreliable internet, or offices that only use airgapped machines... Then, there's all the extra drive space that gets used up too, which is unfriendly when so many rigs ship with miserly SSD's by default...
          Last edited by EntrpriseCustomr; 12-21-2019, 06:25 PM.

Comment

I'd love to see some stuff for the new hair functionality

Comment

-Anything AI the resources on youtube are from 2016 is time to get a new series going with some of the people that make work for the engine such as Miesko Zielinski or Wes Bunn ( which last I heard I would be the one taking over the AI learning resources)

-Replication, RPCS, actor ownership everything multiplayer, Ryan Gerleve went over on a live stream about the basics but there so much more that needs to be properly showcased so the people understand the principles of all these things I mentioned.

-Animation that goes more in depth than creating a simple locomotion, I would love for Jay Hosfelt to make a small series going over most of the things he shared on the different live streams, and make it more streamlined for the portal.

Comment

Originally posted by ioFlow Studios View Post
                I'd love to see some stuff for the new hair functionality
                This, please. I have tried following the quick start but I am struggling to get a groom out of Max OR Maya. I really need help before I even make it to UE. Please and thank you.
                Procedural, modular, on-the-fly animation - iTween For UE4
                - Actors - Components - UMG - Ease In - Ease Out - Path-constrained Animation - $0

Runtime Datatable
                -All the fun of DataTables dynamically loaded from text or Google Sheets while your game is running!

Comment

Id like to see setting up a classic fps game like doom duke3d turok Quake and the like.

Comment

Originally posted by ThaKidNowThaMan View Post
                    I'm new to using Unreal Engine 4, and game creation all together. I been using UE4 about 2 months now, what i would like to see is Intermediate tutorials. Right now, I got down all basic blue print information down. Now i'm confused where to go and what to research after basic blue print, Ui Widgets, movement, health pick ups, variable,function and collisions. What I would like to see are lesson what to do next Animations, Interactions,or what would be next part of learning and putting all this stuff together. Advance Tutorial would also help, In this tutorial have a small open world game applying all element from beginning to end.
                    Originally posted by Valsogard.com View Post
                    I would love to see Networking series. No matter if it's Blueprints-only or C++/Blueprints. Not just how-to, but theoretically explained. This would help bring many, many great ideas to Multiplayer modes.
                    i am making network game, so do you want to jion us .please connect with me, my skype is shrodinger1900

Comment

It would be really nice to see a tutorial or guide in setting up the new EOS subsystem for a multiplayer game. One maybe managing dedicated servers and such. A webinar or a series of tutorials would be amazing. Anyways thank you guys for such amazing content!

Comment

Hi guys! Optimization guides are strongly needed! (imho

Comment

- Digital Human
                          - Advanced AI samples

Comment

I Started a tutorial UE4 advanced blueprints channel on youtube: check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWZ...kbpOgkDZG1YQmg
                            To sum up from the newest posts - what you would like to see is:
                            1. Multiplayer tutorials
                            2. Multiplayer session control (a deep dive into controller, game state, game mode etc)
                            3. Fast-pace classic shooter
                            4. Advanced animation techniques (already partially covered!)
                            5. next-gen graphics, shaders
                            6. Working with endgame characters instead of mannequins
                            If anyone would like to add to it? I will be more than glad to cover those topics.

Comment

Working...
                            X