Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

aws Game Lift Client / Server Blueprint Plugin (with Blueprint support)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PLUGIN] aws Game Lift Client / Server Blueprint Plugin (with Blueprint support)

aws Game Lift Blueprint Plugin:
    https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...cb7c8f042e613b

video tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...TkZPFvy9K7rarF
    ROADMAP:
    https://trello.com/b/KZDijCf1/aws-unreal-plugin

Already included aws-sdk-cpp compiled binary. You don't need to compile yourself.
    The plugin now supports Android and IOS.

What is Amazon GameLift?
    Amazon GameLift is a managed service for deploying, operating, and scaling the game servers for session-based multiplayer in the cloud. With Amazon GameLift, you can host your own game servers, including buying and setting up hardware, and managing ongoing activity, security, storage, and tracking game availability. The Amazon GameLift auto-scaling also capabilities provide additional protection from having to pay for more resources than you need, while helping to ensure that your players can find and join games with minimal waiting.
    Why use Gamelift Plugin?
    You don’t need too much C++ programing knowledge or create any C++ project. There are 18 useful client functions, 15 server functions and 4 overwritable server functions. They are shown as follow:
    Client:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	client-functions.png Views:	2 Size:	53.5 KB ID:	1585363
    Server:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	server-functions.png Views:	2 Size:	56.5 KB ID:	1585364
    How to use Gamelift Plugin?
    Client
    • Open a cpp project
    • Create a GameLiftClientObject node
    Click image for larger version  Name:	1.png Views:	2 Size:	220.0 KB ID:	1585365
    • Add a SearchGameSession node
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2.png Views:	2 Size:	168.2 KB ID:	1585366
    • If you get GameSession in searching, please create PlayerSession directly.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	3.png Views:	2 Size:	163.0 KB ID:	1585367
    • if not, please create GameSession first, and then create PlayerSession.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	4.png Views:	2 Size:	109.0 KB ID:	1585368
    • Add an Open Level node, write an address which creating PlayerSession return to.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	5.png Views:	2 Size:	55.8 KB ID:	1585369

Here is an example of Client blueprint:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	6.png Views:	2 Size:	184.5 KB ID:	1585370
    Server
    Server
    • Open a cpp project
    • Create blueprint class of ProcessParameters
    Click image for larger version  Name:	server1.png Views:	2 Size:	94.6 KB ID:	1585371
    • Add initSDK node
    Click image for larger version  Name:	server2.png Views:	2 Size:	45.2 KB ID:	1585372
    • Add ProcessReady node
    Click image for larger version  Name:	server3.png Views:	2 Size:	137.5 KB ID:	1585373
    • Add processEnd node and Destroy node to end the game
    Here is an example of Sever blueprint:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	server4.png Views:	2 Size:	122.9 KB ID:	1585362
    If you want more functions or you find any bug, please contact us(support@blockchopstudios.com) with the title name of AWS Game Lift Client / Server Blueprint Plugin.
    Last edited by wukakuki; 11-17-2019, 11:25 AM.

Where can I call a function "processEnd"? I get "Server process exited without calling ProcessEnding (), exitCode (-1073741515)"

Comment

Originally posted by Rusel2050 View Post
      Where can I call a function "processEnd"? I get "Server process exited without calling ProcessEnding (), exitCode (-1073741515)"
      I‘ve got the error you mentioned and I am sorry for my mistake. Could you please provide me with some details to help me solve it such as log file(save/logs/)?

Comment

i have a problem "Server process started correctly but did not call InitSDK() within 5 minutes, launchPath"

Comment

Originally posted by Dexied View Post
          i have a problem "Server process started correctly but did not call InitSDK() within 5 minutes, launchPath"
          I have exactly the same problem.
          As far as I understand, the InitSDK function does not work, and ProcessReady also returns false and an empty error message.
          I see that the functions do not work because of the condition #if WITH_GAMELIFT, what am I doing wrong?

Comment

wukakuki, Do I need to specify plug-in modules in ProjectName.Build.cs?
            "GameLiftServerSDK", "AWSCore", "GameLift"}); ?

Comment

This problem was solved, I just incorrectly prescribed the path to launch the application.
              Now so.
              C:\game\ProjectName\Binaries\Win64\ProjectNameServer.exe
              But now I ran into another problem.
              "Server process exited without calling ProcessEnding (), exitCode"
              Any ideas?
              Last edited by Yakim; 06-30-2019, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakim View Post
                wukakuki, Do I need to specify plug-in modules in ProjectName.Build.cs?
                "GameLiftServerSDK", "AWSCore", "GameLift"}); ?
                please contact me via xplugin@geekee.awsapps.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yakim View Post
                  This problem was solved, I just incorrectly prescribed the path to launch the application.
                  Now so.
                  C:\game\ProjectName\Binaries\Win64\ProjectNameServer.exe
                  But now I ran into another problem.
                  "Server process exited without calling ProcessEnding (), exitCode"
                  Any ideas?
                  Sorry to reply you so late.hope you can see this message.
                  It seems your server was crashed on the server.
                  please contact via xplugin@geekee.awsapps.com or lion547016@gmail.com.
                  Last edited by wukakuki; 06-30-2019, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Hi, I also have the error "Server process exited without calling ProcessEnding(), ExitCode"

I first followed the tutorial with third person template and got it working. Now i'm setting up aws gamelift server on my real project and the server crashes. Any idea why that might be?
                    Creative Director at Rebel Camp Games

http://www.rebelcampgames.com
                    http://www.forestsofaugusta.com
                    http://www.emberheartgame.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel Camp Games View Post
                      Hi, I also have the error "Server process exited without calling ProcessEnding(), ExitCode"

I first followed the tutorial with third person template and got it working. Now i'm setting up aws gamelift server on my real project and the server crashes. Any idea why that might be?
                      Sorry for replying you so late. please contact me via lion547016@gmail.com or xplugin@geekee.awsapps.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel Camp Games View Post

It might cause by the other plugin you use does not found its dependency library on server environment. If you use Windows Server 2012, it possibly cause by this problem.

Comment

Hello I'm getting the error code mentioned earlier:

"Server process exited without calling ProcessEnding(), exitCode(-1073741515)"

Has the fix instructions been issued yet?

Comment

Originally posted by wcdrones View Post
                            Hello I'm getting the error code mentioned earlier:

"Server process exited without calling ProcessEnding(), exitCode(-1073741515)"

Has the fix instructions been issued yet?
                            That means your server process is crashed on the server. Please send the server logs to my email support@blockchopstudios.com and add me on discord lion#4964.

Comment

Working...
                            X